“This Place Cares” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 29 Hotels in Barstow
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“This Place Cares”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

Does not look like much on the outside but rooms are nicely decorated and a/c is great even in 100 degree heat. TV remote has been sanitized, ear plugs are provided for the sensitive traveler since motel is next to the freeway. Staff is very friendly and breakfast was more than ample. A good choice.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
HIG110, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Desert Villa Inn, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
Dear Guest

We were delighted to read your review and so pleased that your overall stay was enjoyable at the Best Western in Barstow, CA. We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back the next time you are in Barstow.

Safe Travels.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Geleen, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

After a long drive from Tioga Pass through Death Valley we were very pleased to find an affordable place to stay for the night. The room was clean and we slept well despite the trains that seemed to run all night and day. We did not hear them! Breakfast was very well stocked, clean and friendly staff to assist you. Overall a great stay!

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
HIG110, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Desert Villa Inn, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Dear Nanthahala

Thank you for your 5 star review!! Thank you so much for your feed back of our hotel. I am thrilled to see that we were able to provide you with an amazing stay. We look forward to seeing you again.

Prescott Valley
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

The property is older but is in good condition. The upgraded rooms are larger and more comfortable. Our high speed internet did not work very well on Netflix. Our breakfast was outstanding with fresh fruit, eggs, meat, a good selection of breads and the service is excellent.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Kenneth

We were delighted to read your review and so pleased that your overall stay was enjoyable. Your comment regarding the internet is appreciated and we are resolving this. We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back.

chino, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

I have been staying at Best Western desert inn for over 9 months now. checking in on Monday out on Fridays. Have had 2 mishaps with reservations that a quick and easy solution was given. The staff is top notch in my eyes. Patty and the afternoon and early evening girls are fantastic! some of the nicest and friendly helpful people ive ever had the pleasure of doing business with. The rooms are clean amenities are good. The cleaning staff does a great job as well. Being on the road the majority of the time for business when I stay at a hotel that does a good job such as best western desert villa inn. it takes away some of the being away from home blues. Patty and the girls always have a smile and are in a good mood and that makes being away from home a little bit easier. The confidence I have in knowing I am going to have a comfortable place to stay makes it so I have one less thing to worry about so less stress. I would recommend this hotel to anybody at any time needless to say I wouldn't stay anywhere else if im ever in the area it will be my number one choice. Id like to say thank you to patty and all the girls for making my home away from home comfortable and I look forward to staying with them again in the future. They deserve any and all the recognition they receive as a customer I couldn't say anything but great things about them. Truly top notch customer service and just great people.i would highy recommend the place to anybody needing to stay in the area.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Dear Pete

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and hospitality at the Best Western Desert Villa Inn. Customer care is amongst our highest priorities and it is always gratifying to hear that our teams have succeeded in ensuring that our guests experience that care. I will share your comments with our teams and especially with Patty.

Again, Thank you again for your comments, we look forward to serving you again soon.

tome
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

We have stayed here many times en-route from NM to CA. Always clean, friendly with a great breakfast. The staff is great. The clerk upgraded us to a suite for free. Nice and roomy. I do have a couple small negative comments. The pullout bed was in poor shape. The bottom springs were missing and replaced with ropes. I made my reservation using hotels.com and did note I had a small 7 lb dog, which pets are allowed. The morning I was checking out the phone rang and I missed it and then on the second call it was the front desk stating there is a 15.00 pet charge which I was fully aware of. Although the clerk was nice I didn't appreciate the insinuation I was trying to be shady. When I said I did note that in my reservation she said she didn't see it. I fully planned to pay for my dog. Other than that great stay

Room Tip: Very loud on the north side. West was better last time.
Dear Guest

Thank You for visiting our hotel while staying in Barstow, CA. We appreciate the comments and will be sure to send your feedback to our staff. I apologize about the call regarding the pet fee.

We appreciate your candor and hope to see you in the future.

Grace, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Good-perfect location. I really don't like the 200 character minimum requirement on this trip adviser survey, however, and will not be repeating this part of the survey. I'm not sure why they insist on punishing the customer in such a way.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

HIG110, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Desert Villa Inn, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
John

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us, we hope you will visit again soon.
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Riding a Harley Trike through the desert with a temp of 115 degrees we were more than ready to find a place to stop. It was only 2:30 in the afternoon but we were exhausted. This place was like an oasis. It was clean, cool, friendly staff, beds were comfortable. We ate at The Sizzler down the street and it had a good salad bar also.

Marilyn

We appreciate all of your wonderful comment regarding your stay at Best Western Barstow. I'm happy to hear you had a fabulous experience and we hope to have the luxury of serving you again soon...

Been to BEST WESTERN Desert Villa Inn? Share your experiences!