“recent stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 29 hotels in Barstow
Escondido, United States
“recent stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

Outstanding place to stay,very helpful staff! I would recommend this Best Western to weary travelers on there way to Vegas or other destinations. Everyone whom I came into contact was very pleasant and accomadating. If I ever need a place to stay in this area I will definitely be back!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Pankaj P, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Desert Villa Inn, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Dear Joe

Thank you so much for sharing information about your recent experience at Best Western Barstow. We're so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.We hope that we'll have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Safe Travels.

339 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Fresno, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

the room was nice it was large with a couch and chair and had a microwave and towels were soft and thick..the people both at ck in and ck out were helpful and friendly. location was good. I know that when I stay at a best western I will get quality for my money and good rooms and service.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Barbara

Thank you so much for your ratings and comments regarding your recent stay with Best Western Barstow. Thank you for your loyalty and really hope to see you here next time you visit Barstow.

Safe Travels.
Fremont, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

Overall, the Desert Villa Inn met or exceeded my expectations. I had some concerns about the potential noise based on other reviews and the fact that there were earplugs provided in the room; however, I didn't notice any noise during the night and slept fine, so the rooms must have good sound insulation. Only after I walked out of the room in the morning did I see how close it was to the rail line and freeway (Note that if you are rail buff it's a great hotel - I saw a UP & a BNSF train pass by as I was eating breakfast). The room was well appointed and clean. I had a king bed room so there was space for a sofa and table which gave me a nice spot to work from (much better than sitting on the bed) while I watched TV. Breakfast and the breakfast room was pretty typical - warming tray with eggs & sausage, waffle maker, bread, bagels, muffins, juice, coffee, TV tuned to CNN, etc. - nothing gourmet, but quick and easy to get in and out with more than enough selection and quantity to keep you going until lunch. I'd recommend this hotel (actually a traditional open walkway motel) to others, and I would stay at it again if I'm in Barstow.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Pankaj P, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Desert Villa Inn, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Dear Martin

I am so glad you enjoyed you stay. It is true we are close to it all here. Its nice to see we were able to provide a great trip for you. It is truly our goal to provide a great hotel guests love and we hope to see you again at a Best Western Desert Villia.

Thank you and happy new year.
Brookings, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Picked this Best Western because it is pet friendly. Room was clean and well maintained. Patty at the front desk was extremely helpful with local places to eat. Joined BW Rewards and have not regretted staying at a Best Western since. Very friendly staff. Even the coffee was good here!

Room Tip: Farthest room from the tracks is better.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear Vivian

On behalf of the entire staff: THANK YOU.
Thank you so much for your kind words, I am very fortunate to work with a great group of people, we as a team truly enjoy what we do, you are very kind and we hope you will visit again soon.

Happy New Year.
Capitola, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

Hotel was clean, well-kept and comfortable. While we did not mind the noise, note that this hotel is right on US 40 and next to busy train tracks. Hotel provides complimentary ear plugs, which is appreciated. Overall, good value and convenient location.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Dear Magan

Thank you so very much for the wonderful review of our property, it is a pleasure to host such wonderful guests, I have shared your comments with my co-workers and we all thank you and hope to see you again soon.

Safe Travels and Happy New Year.
Columbus
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

After driving from Ogden, UT to Barstow, CA it was nice to settle down for the night. Good restaurants in the area. Convenient access to interstate. Pet area needs improvement. Near train tracks but not a problem. We had two rooms, one for mother-in-law. Both rooms were nice.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Dear George

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that you feel you received great service. It's something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback. We will be sure to pass your kind words along to our entire team.

Please visit Best Western Desert Villia again the next time your in Barstow.

Safe Travels and Happy New Year.
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

Came into town late looking for a place to stay and just punched Best Western into the GPS. Most impressive thing was the manager who was very generous with his time and advice. Can't recall his name but he had an impressive moustache. Room was great value for the money and convinced us to use Best Westerns in other towns where we had not booked advance accommodation. Quality can vary but this was an excellent first choice.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Marren

We appreciate all of your wonderful comments and your terrific review. I'm happy to hear you had a fabulous experience and we hope to have the luxury of serving you again soon...

Happy New Year.

Been to BEST WESTERN Desert Villa Inn? Share your experiences!