“Good Hampton Experience” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Newcastle, England
“Good Hampton Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2008

Situated approximately five miles south of Barstow on the I15 this hotel is next to the outlet centre which has all the usual big brands. There are a few fast food outlets but if you want something a little bit different head into Barstow for greater choice. The property is fairly new so the rooms are in good shape, clean and well maintained. Friendly staff at the front desk, very helpful with local directions. Usual good Hampton breakfast with fresh fruit, juices, cereal, biscuits, pancakes and sausage for a good start to the day. There are cheaper alternatives downtown but if you are just looking to stay the night this is ideal particularly if you can get a room that faces away from I15.

• Liked — Quiet and clean
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Henderson NV
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2008

From the time I called to make my reservation until we checked out, this has been hands down the BEST hotel experience I've ever had. I was referred to the Hampton through an event we were attending. I mentioned the event, and was given the room rate for a double queen room, which was a great rate. I asked if it was possible to upgrade to a king, since this was our wedding anniversary. They accomodated me without hesitation. Once we had arrived to check in, Kitty had everything ready for us, explained in detail all of the ammenities available and even mentioned some items of local interest.

Our room was clean, there were plenty of towels and even an extra blanket in the closet. I had done alot of research to find a nice hotel for our weekend getaway, and had read so many reviews of how dirty people were finding the hotels in Barstow. The Hampton was spotless. Our room and bathroom was clean, the dining area was clean, even the restrooms outside the conference rooms were clean- even in the corners and behind the commodes.

And the beds! Those mattresses are SO comfortable. That was probably the best night's sleep my husband or I have had in a long time.

The morning we were to check out, the front desk had slipped our bill under the door, eliminating the need to stand in line at the front to check out. We were able to sit down and enjoy the hot breakfast that was included with our room. The breakfast offered was superior to any continental breakfast that other hotels offer. Plus it was geared "to go", so if we didn't have time to sit and eat, we could still put something together for the road.

I tried to think of something The Hampton could do to improve, but nothing comes to mind. Everything was perfect! They will be my hotel of choice anytime I travel out of town.

• Liked — The beds!!! and it was so clean!
  • Disliked — there is nothing I didn't like about this hotel!
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2008

We were quite pleased with the new and quite pretty hotel. Our room was comfortable and very clean. We were very happy about their pet policy - they are completely pet friendly. They didn't charge a dime or require a deposit for having animals.

The hotel served breakfast in the morning, which was fine. They had fruit, bagels, pastries, cereal, scrambled eggs and biscuits. We were able to walk a short distance to get dinner the evening we arrived. The hotel pool looked very nice, although we did not use it. They have a 24 hour workout room as well, which I neither looked at nor used.

I would stay at this place again for sure. Their price was a bit high, but everything in Barstow was higher than I would have expected. I would say this is probably the nicest hotel in town.

• Liked — It was very clean and comfortable, and new!
  • Disliked — The hallways were a bit loud in the morning, like most hotels I've stayed in.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Durango, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2008

We stay in Barstow on our way to and from Central California and Colorado. This is a new Hampton Inn and everything is fresh and pretty. The hotel fulfills my requirements of two queen beds, breakfast, and a pool. An added plus is that it is directly adjacent to discount shopping and restaurants.

We arrived after a 5 hour drive. Check in was great. We were put in a room that was supposed to be smoke free but upon entering it was obvious that the previous guest had smoked. The notice on the exterior room number indicated it was a non-smoking room. We contacted the front desk and they said that we did not specify smoking or non-smoking (which is not correct - I only book non-smoking) and they would call back. The promptly did so and said that there were no more suites available (the suite was sweet - two queen beds, pull out sofa, nice kitchenette, spacious area, small closet). I thought we would just deal - me and the two children. When my husband got to the room he could not tolerate the smoke and called down again. They said that they had a different room that was two queen beds. He wanted to switch and we did. The new room was miniscule in comparison. Two queen beds, a refrigerator, a microwave, and not even close to as spacious. When I went downstairs I assumed that there would be a rate difference and that the new room would be considerably less considering how small it was in comparison. I was told "no" and that the room was the same rate. I feel that between having to move room and moving to a smaller room, we should have had a discount. The room rate is $149 plus tax or $167.63, pricey to me for the "regular room." So, if the price is the same, book the suite.

Breakfast was good enough and the breakfast room is pleasant.

The pool area offers a toddler pool - a nice touch for those traveling with tots. My children played in it because it was warmer than the pool. The big pool was a bit cool for them even with the summer heat. The hot tub was nice. Towels were plentiful.

• Liked — New, Clean, Pretty, Great Location
  • Disliked — Cost
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2008

We didn't expect much from the Hampton Inn in Barstow, but we would rate this as one of the best Hampton Inns we have ever stayed in. The room was lovely -- very large and spotless. The staff were super friendly and immediately brought a crib up to our room when we asked for it. Our only complaint was that the breakfast was not up to par with other Hamptons we have stayed in. The options were few and the bread products were very stale. Other than that, though, this was a great stay.

• Liked — large, very clean room
  • Disliked — breakfast buffet
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2008

We stayed at the Hampton Inn for a night, driving between Vegas and LA (if we had known the distance beforehand, we would have not stopped the night on the way - but glad we did!). The hotel is very clean, rooms are great, tv is great, bed is very comfy, view over the desert is charming and the outlet shopping centre right next door just added the final topping. If you need a place to stay between LA and Vegas, this is definitely the place. Staff are very friendly, comp breakfast was good - hot and cold food - and we were even given a goody bag for coffee time which had a muffin, cereal bar, drink and something else I have forgotten in.

Stayed April 2008
Avon, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2008

My husband, six year old son and I spent a night here while exploring the Barstow and then Mojave area. I was really surprised by the quality of the Hampton. Free wireless, cookies, tea and coffee on check in and a hot breakfast with a number of selections in the morning included in the rate. Even though it was chilly my son went into the pool. There is a kiddie pool, hot tub and main pool. My husband used the workout facility and said it was nice.

Plasma tv in the room along with a small refrigerator and microwave. Nice bedding and a decent size room.

All in all I may be looking more seriously at Hampton in the future.

• Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Barstow? Share your experiences!