“Nice hotel - an oasis in the desert” 5 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2710 Lenwood Road, Barstow, CA 92311   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #3 of 29 Hotels in Barstow
Phoenix, AZ
“Nice hotel - an oasis in the desert”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2008

We were quite pleased with the new and quite pretty hotel. Our room was comfortable and very clean. We were very happy about their pet policy - they are completely pet friendly. They didn't charge a dime or require a deposit for having animals.

The hotel served breakfast in the morning, which was fine. They had fruit, bagels, pastries, cereal, scrambled eggs and biscuits. We were able to walk a short distance to get dinner the evening we arrived. The hotel pool looked very nice, although we did not use it. They have a 24 hour workout room as well, which I neither looked at nor used.

I would stay at this place again for sure. Their price was a bit high, but everything in Barstow was higher than I would have expected. I would say this is probably the nicest hotel in town.

• Liked — It was very clean and comfortable, and new!
  • Disliked — The hallways were a bit loud in the morning, like most hotels I've stayed in.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Durango, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2008

We stay in Barstow on our way to and from Central California and Colorado. This is a new Hampton Inn and everything is fresh and pretty. The hotel fulfills my requirements of two queen beds, breakfast, and a pool. An added plus is that it is directly adjacent to discount shopping and restaurants.

We arrived after a 5 hour drive. Check in was great. We were put in a room that was supposed to be smoke free but upon entering it was obvious that the previous guest had smoked. The notice on the exterior room number indicated it was a non-smoking room. We contacted the front desk and they said that we did not specify smoking or non-smoking (which is not correct - I only book non-smoking) and they would call back. The promptly did so and said that there were no more suites available (the suite was sweet - two queen beds, pull out sofa, nice kitchenette, spacious area, small closet). I thought we would just deal - me and the two children. When my husband got to the room he could not tolerate the smoke and called down again. They said that they had a different room that was two queen beds. He wanted to switch and we did. The new room was miniscule in comparison. Two queen beds, a refrigerator, a microwave, and not even close to as spacious. When I went downstairs I assumed that there would be a rate difference and that the new room would be considerably less considering how small it was in comparison. I was told "no" and that the room was the same rate. I feel that between having to move room and moving to a smaller room, we should have had a discount. The room rate is $149 plus tax or $167.63, pricey to me for the "regular room." So, if the price is the same, book the suite.

Breakfast was good enough and the breakfast room is pleasant.

The pool area offers a toddler pool - a nice touch for those traveling with tots. My children played in it because it was warmer than the pool. The big pool was a bit cool for them even with the summer heat. The hot tub was nice. Towels were plentiful.

• Liked — New, Clean, Pretty, Great Location
  • Disliked — Cost
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2008

We didn't expect much from the Hampton Inn in Barstow, but we would rate this as one of the best Hampton Inns we have ever stayed in. The room was lovely -- very large and spotless. The staff were super friendly and immediately brought a crib up to our room when we asked for it. Our only complaint was that the breakfast was not up to par with other Hamptons we have stayed in. The options were few and the bread products were very stale. Other than that, though, this was a great stay.

• Liked — large, very clean room
  • Disliked — breakfast buffet
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2008

We stayed at the Hampton Inn for a night, driving between Vegas and LA (if we had known the distance beforehand, we would have not stopped the night on the way - but glad we did!). The hotel is very clean, rooms are great, tv is great, bed is very comfy, view over the desert is charming and the outlet shopping centre right next door just added the final topping. If you need a place to stay between LA and Vegas, this is definitely the place. Staff are very friendly, comp breakfast was good - hot and cold food - and we were even given a goody bag for coffee time which had a muffin, cereal bar, drink and something else I have forgotten in.

Stayed April 2008
Avon, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2008

My husband, six year old son and I spent a night here while exploring the Barstow and then Mojave area. I was really surprised by the quality of the Hampton. Free wireless, cookies, tea and coffee on check in and a hot breakfast with a number of selections in the morning included in the rate. Even though it was chilly my son went into the pool. There is a kiddie pool, hot tub and main pool. My husband used the workout facility and said it was nice.

Plasma tv in the room along with a small refrigerator and microwave. Nice bedding and a decent size room.

All in all I may be looking more seriously at Hampton in the future.

• Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
Bakersfield, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2007

We received a letter letting us know this property had opened and referenced the desert view. Being the desert rats we are, we went for an overnight. The fourth floor room facing east provided the best view of open desert I have yet experienced. At six am the sun was peeking over the desert horizon and was incredible from the comfortable typical Hampton bed. Everything about this Hampton is as the new ones are without any glitches. Nice new room, typical granite counter, comfortable beds with nice linens, Hampton basic breakfast an friendly service. What sets this apart is the desert across the road yet unobstructed.

• Liked — the view
  • Disliked — nothing bad to comment on
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
san diego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2007

This is a new hotel and I was very impressed! The front desk staff were so friendly and nice and they greeted everyone who went by with a smile and hello. My room was so clean and the bed so comfortable. Down comforter and pillows are important to me and they had them here. I would only stay here on my return to this area. Oh and it doesn't hurt that you can walk to the outlet mall right next door!

• Liked — friendly staff and employees
  • Disliked — no view
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Barstow? Share your experiences!