“Second time as good as the first” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #4 of 29 Hotels in Barstow
Davis, California
“Second time as good as the first”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

This is the second time we've stayed at this hotel. Two years ago we were pleasantly surprised to find this hotel with clean rooms, updated furnishings and good rates. The place was just the same this time.
Very friendly and helpful owners.
We checked in around 4pm on a weekday and the hotel had vacancy, but it was completely full by the evening. If you are planning to stay here, call ahead to get your room booked. It seems like the prime spot for workers in the area.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

My wife, nephew and I were driving home to Texas from Northern California, we decided to stop in Barstow while we were driving through Los Angeles. I searched for price efficiency and great reviews.

Immediately upon walking into the lobby to check in at 12:30, I immediately noticed some things I read in reviews. The gentleman at the counter was very nice, the hand towels arranged in the design of an elephant was a nice touch. We were in a vehicle that was larger than we normally drive, he even told me to feel free to park in the handicap spot if I wished. I did find a spot though.

The room was very clean, the bed very comfortable and the employees were very nice and helpful. Now, I don't normally review places, but this place was just too good not to. Some on the reviews of this place are absolutely spot on with my experience, and I had to share mine.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Cocoa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

For being an older, dated motel, we were so surprised that we loved it! The owner made all the difference. She obviously cares about her motel and guests, and it shows! Yes it's dated, but everything was really clean and comfortable. It was hot outside, but the air worked great. I would have loved a warm blanket or comforter, but I guessed the bedding was so light because we were in a hot desert. I hope she adds at least one blanket/comforter to each room. The owner recommended the Mexican restaurant across the street, as my son and I are vegetarian, and we walked there. It was good! We felt very fond of the owner and her motel. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

We were traveling from Monterey to Grand Canyon and needed to stop. My wife found this hotel on trip advisor and, although I have never stayed at a Rodeway Inn before, this little motel proved a relaxing and comfortable stopover for us. The reviews here accurately describe the experience. Local owners who take pride in their property and make their guests feel welcomed. We pulled in late and there were no parking spaces, so the owner moved his car and had us take his spot. For a comfortable, clean budget motel with a complimentary breakfast, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

the gracious & friendly hosts. The rooms were comfortable, cool, & clean. The pool area was clean & maintained. Nikki was very accommodating to anything we needed. Even to the point of offering us her personal travel atlas for our trip to Temecula wine country, and Oceanside. We look forward to stopping here again next time we come through. It is a budget motel so travelers should adjust their expectations accordingly. However we received so much more than we expected. Thanks Nikki & Raj!

Room Tip: The upstairs rooms provide vista of surrounding area.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Monument, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

Though a little dated, this is a very comfortable motel, locally owned and operated. The owners do all they can to provide a comfortable, safe and delightful stay.

Each room has a refrigerator and microwave, a bonus for a motel at this price. The breakfast is the typical carb fest, but adequate and well stocked. The beds are comfortable and the rooms are clean and roomy enough. The air conditioner is the stereotypical noisy unit that cycles on and off, not constant fan in the cooling mode.

The owners do all they can to provide a great stay. For the price and value I will stay here again.

There is a CoCos restaurant across the street which will give a 10% discount to those who are staying at this property. There are several fast food restaurants nearby. Many of the chain restaurants are on the other end of the city.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Brisbane
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

Lodgings were comfortable enough, we were given a downstairs room which was clean and the beds were good. Also good to have a microwave and fridge in room too. Always a plus to have free wifi and breakfast included in deal. Breakfast was a continental variety and there was a waffle maker although I'm not sure it was operational that day as no one used it and we were opting for a cold cereal instead. Was terribly hot outside, thankfully the air conditioner was fully functional.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family