“Roach Motel” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 29 Hotels in Barstow
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Roach Motel”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

This place is terrible. I booked a room for a night. The place is filthy. The bed is stained, and I question whether the sheets were changed after finding a "hair" before I retired for the night. The water coming from the tap of the sink (which is in the main room) is brown. I could not get the TV to work. There were brown wall spots that had tossed coffee and a pink stain on the wall appeared to be from the Pepto Bismal. The furniture is beat up and stained.

Now the AC, that's something you'll just love.... It appears not to work at first and then the ancient unit proceeds to blow directly on the bed all night at a noise level akin to the take off of a jet. The bed is hard and uncomfortable, and much lower on one side than the other.

Noting an earlier review: No a hooker would be insulted. This my fellow travelers is a roach motel!!!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

I booked a room for 2 nights at this horrible nasty dirty motel. The moment I walked in, the smell of urine was over powering. The air conditioner had dirt and dust clotted to the filter and it made the worst noises all night long. The walls had hundreds of spots that looked like someone blew their nose right on to the wall! (or worse). I had to stay the first night but the next morning I tried to cancel the 2nd night, I was told they do not refund. They insisted on charging me for both nights even tho I stayed only 1. I will get my refund from my bank. DON'T EVER STAY HERE~!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

Crusty night stand, stains, worn look, not vacuumed and not clean. Outlet looked like there was a fire. Had to check for bugs it was so nasty. Yes it was only 40 dollars for two, but use your money somewhere else. It seems like a great place to take a hooker, but that's really it.

Stayed January 2014
Collingwood
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

Very inexpensive hotel but good beds, clean clean rooms....no smell at all, which one sometimes expects in a lower budget motel. Staff was excellent and very accommodating.
I would recommend this stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Key West, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

I saw reviews for this hotel and couldn't believe all the good reviews, but the price looked right and I was just there to sleep on my road trip, so I booked a room. The family that runs this place is so sweet and accommodating. They gave me a room on the end. The room was large and the bathroom looked like something out of a 4-star hotel. The remote for the TV was much more complicated than it needed to be, and the air conditioning was rather loud, but I would much prefer that than one that doesn't work at all. I had a very quiet, restful sleep. The towels are a little thin and the internet wasn't all that great, but the price was fantastic and I will definitely stay there again next time I am in the area. Jai Ganesha!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Fresno
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

We booked this room as a stop over on the way to Vegas. I had called ahead for a late arrival and was guaranteed this would not be an issue. They were true to their word: when arriving at 3:30 am not only was check in a breeze he upgraded our room and allowed us a late check out. The room was clean, comfy bed, and no bothersome outside noises.
It's located near restaurants, grocery stores, gas stations, etc. Next time we're in Barstow this is where we will stay.

Room Tip: I personally prefer downstairs.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Hesperia, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

My stay was very bad. I couldn't sleep at all whole night. There were people outside drinking and fighting. I felt very unsafe. Room was very small and dirty bed. I should have asked for refund. The staff wasn't proffessional. Wi-Fi signal was breaking, hard to use computer.

Room Tip: Whole motel is unsafe
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to Budget Inn? Share your experiences!