“Horrible Nasty Place!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 29 Hotels in Barstow
San Diego, California
“Horrible Nasty Place!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

I booked a room for 2 nights at this horrible nasty dirty motel. The moment I walked in, the smell of urine was over powering. The air conditioner had dirt and dust clotted to the filter and it made the worst noises all night long. The walls had hundreds of spots that looked like someone blew their nose right on to the wall! (or worse). I had to stay the first night but the next morning I tried to cancel the 2nd night, I was told they do not refund. They insisted on charging me for both nights even tho I stayed only 1. I will get my refund from my bank. DON'T EVER STAY HERE~!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

Crusty night stand, stains, worn look, not vacuumed and not clean. Outlet looked like there was a fire. Had to check for bugs it was so nasty. Yes it was only 40 dollars for two, but use your money somewhere else. It seems like a great place to take a hooker, but that's really it.

Stayed January 2014
Collingwood
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

Very inexpensive hotel but good beds, clean clean rooms....no smell at all, which one sometimes expects in a lower budget motel. Staff was excellent and very accommodating.
I would recommend this stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Key West, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

I saw reviews for this hotel and couldn't believe all the good reviews, but the price looked right and I was just there to sleep on my road trip, so I booked a room. The family that runs this place is so sweet and accommodating. They gave me a room on the end. The room was large and the bathroom looked like something out of a 4-star hotel. The remote for the TV was much more complicated than it needed to be, and the air conditioning was rather loud, but I would much prefer that than one that doesn't work at all. I had a very quiet, restful sleep. The towels are a little thin and the internet wasn't all that great, but the price was fantastic and I will definitely stay there again next time I am in the area. Jai Ganesha!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Fresno
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

We booked this room as a stop over on the way to Vegas. I had called ahead for a late arrival and was guaranteed this would not be an issue. They were true to their word: when arriving at 3:30 am not only was check in a breeze he upgraded our room and allowed us a late check out. The room was clean, comfy bed, and no bothersome outside noises.
It's located near restaurants, grocery stores, gas stations, etc. Next time we're in Barstow this is where we will stay.

Room Tip: I personally prefer downstairs.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Hesperia, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

My stay was very bad. I couldn't sleep at all whole night. There were people outside drinking and fighting. I felt very unsafe. Room was very small and dirty bed. I should have asked for refund. The staff wasn't proffessional. Wi-Fi signal was breaking, hard to use computer.

Room Tip: Whole motel is unsafe
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

If you drive in here and look at the room doors -- peeling paint and dirt -- you'll leave immediately, disgusted. Luckily, I trusted the reviews here on TripAdvisor. This place is a great value!

The woman who checked me in was very helpful and friendly. After I checked in, my room phone didn't seem to work; the man who answered my call (from my cell phone) came over immediately and found the problem (actually, there was no problem; the phone worked well after that). The room was so comfortable that I asked to stay another day, to relax after a stressful week of business travel. They first said that I'd need to switch rooms because a regular customer of theirs wanted my specific room... but they later let me stay in the same room.

The traffic noise was a problem, and the Wi-Fi was spotty, but the rest of my stay was amazing. Don't be disturbed by your first impression (unless the outside matters to you)... book this place!

Room Tip: Room 103 has a jacuzzi -- apparently at no extra charge. :)
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to Budget Inn? Share your experiences!