“Great value” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 29 Hotels in Barstow
Collingwood
“Great value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

Very inexpensive hotel but good beds, clean clean rooms....no smell at all, which one sometimes expects in a lower budget motel. Staff was excellent and very accommodating.
I would recommend this stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Key West, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

I saw reviews for this hotel and couldn't believe all the good reviews, but the price looked right and I was just there to sleep on my road trip, so I booked a room. The family that runs this place is so sweet and accommodating. They gave me a room on the end. The room was large and the bathroom looked like something out of a 4-star hotel. The remote for the TV was much more complicated than it needed to be, and the air conditioning was rather loud, but I would much prefer that than one that doesn't work at all. I had a very quiet, restful sleep. The towels are a little thin and the internet wasn't all that great, but the price was fantastic and I will definitely stay there again next time I am in the area. Jai Ganesha!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Fresno
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

We booked this room as a stop over on the way to Vegas. I had called ahead for a late arrival and was guaranteed this would not be an issue. They were true to their word: when arriving at 3:30 am not only was check in a breeze he upgraded our room and allowed us a late check out. The room was clean, comfy bed, and no bothersome outside noises.
It's located near restaurants, grocery stores, gas stations, etc. Next time we're in Barstow this is where we will stay.

Room Tip: I personally prefer downstairs.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Hesperia, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

My stay was very bad. I couldn't sleep at all whole night. There were people outside drinking and fighting. I felt very unsafe. Room was very small and dirty bed. I should have asked for refund. The staff wasn't proffessional. Wi-Fi signal was breaking, hard to use computer.

Room Tip: Whole motel is unsafe
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

If you drive in here and look at the room doors -- peeling paint and dirt -- you'll leave immediately, disgusted. Luckily, I trusted the reviews here on TripAdvisor. This place is a great value!

The woman who checked me in was very helpful and friendly. After I checked in, my room phone didn't seem to work; the man who answered my call (from my cell phone) came over immediately and found the problem (actually, there was no problem; the phone worked well after that). The room was so comfortable that I asked to stay another day, to relax after a stressful week of business travel. They first said that I'd need to switch rooms because a regular customer of theirs wanted my specific room... but they later let me stay in the same room.

The traffic noise was a problem, and the Wi-Fi was spotty, but the rest of my stay was amazing. Don't be disturbed by your first impression (unless the outside matters to you)... book this place!

Room Tip: Room 103 has a jacuzzi -- apparently at no extra charge. :)
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Long Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

I had a great experience, picking this place off the Main Street motel strip without a reservation. The owner was very friendly and welcoming. The room was large, with a nice bathroom. It was a cool night, but there is a small pool and remote-controlled airconditioning (of course) for the warmer months. The price was extremely reasonable.

One small issue I had was that the motel offers both smoking and no-smoking rooms, which is definitely a rarity in California. I guess that is a plus if you are a traveler looking for a place where you are allowed to smoke. I was in a very clean non-smoking room, but a bit of smoke drifted in from someplace. But that's life -- I will definitely stay here on my next visit to Barstow, which is a fascinating old desert railroad/military town which definitely has not been gentrified.

Room Tip: If you are a non-smoker, ask for a room away from the smoking rooms.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Very nice family run motel. Super clean rooms and new bathrooms. Highly reccomended, would stay here again!

The owner was super nice and gave us a room upgrade at no charge as we had no reservations. This place has very clean non smoking rooms that don't smell like a Reno roach coach like you see at most discount motels. They have smoking rooms as well for you that partake in that thing.

• Stayed March 2013

Been to Budget Inn? Share your experiences!