“Great stay!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Calexico, California
“Great stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

Almost everything about my stay was perfect. Clean rooms, friendly staff, and a quiet atmosphere. We slept through the complimentary breakfast and were even able to get a late checkout. The staff was very welcoming and professional. The only downside was that there was a strange smell in the hallways and floor we stayed on. It smelled like BO. Thankfully, our room was perfect. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013

423 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

I only stayed here as it was a good place to stop off between leaving Grand Canyon and heading for San Diego, yet this was the best mid priced hotel I stayed in during my trip.
The staff were really good and friendly, the room was quiet and clean, and there were enough options to eat in nearby. My satnav could not quite locate the hotel but I could see it as I passed on I15.
The only downside was the usual awful American breakfast, thin coffee and horrible sausages. But it was no worse than anywhere else I stayed on this trip.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Bothell, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Beautiful rooms, quiet, and comfortable with great decor. Staff was very friendly. Nice Pool and good breakfast. This is the only place I would stay in Barstow. Only problem was my Club Carlson points didn't get credited since I booked thru Trip Advisor not their hotel website.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Alison C, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Barstow, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Thank you for your loyalty! Whenever you come through the Barstow area, give us a call and we'll get you a good rate and you'll receive your Club Carlson points. That way you can use your points to stay with us for free 1 night.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I was happily surprised by my very positive experience at the Country Inn in Barstow. The price was very reasonable and I wasn't expecting such great service and amenities.

Everyone I encountered was cheerful and helpful, from the man who took my reservations over the phone to the staff at the hotel. Check in was a breeze. My room was very clean and had a large screen tv, a small refrigerator, microwave, iron and ironing board, hair dryer, and a computer outlet above the desk. The bathroom was spotless and the water pressure and water temperature in the shower were perfect. This was also the most comfortable bed I have ever slept on in a hotel, and the pillows appeared to be brand new.

This hotel also has a beautiful lobby, a computer room, a spa and a pool. There is a full buffet breakfast served in the morning, fresh baked cookies available all day, and snacks put out in the afternoon.

I was only there for one night so I didn't get a chance to use the spa or pool, but if I ever find myself back in Barstow, this is the only hotel I would choose.

I'm usually very critical in my reviews but I really don't have anything negative to say about this hotel. If you are traveling to Barstow don't look further. Stay here!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Wow!

Everything you said is great. I'm so happy that we were able to provide you with such good service, that you wrote such a detailed review, especially since you said yourself that your critical in your reviews.

From the rooms, to the pool we take pride in our hotel and want all of our guests to be as satisfied as you were. Thank you for your kind words and recommendations!
Carbondale, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

I have stayed at Country Inns twice and both times they have exceeded my expectations. Clean, updated with a homey, better than budget/mid priced feel. Cookies at check in and adequate hot breakfast. I have a close family member who works for one of the better competing large hotel groups and Country Inns is now in my top two choices when travelling. The Barstow property is top notch.

• Stayed June 2013
Although I would love to know what "better competing large hotel" your family member works for, I'll gladly accept being in your top 2. Hopefully when you stay with us again we can take the #1 spot.

Thank you for writing this great review!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

place is beautiful when you walked in the couch in everything. Fresh baked cookies and everyone is so kind and nice if you have any questions I'll always answer them it was wonderful to have a hot breakfast. It was a wonderful say.

• Stayed June 2013
I think we have a beautiful property also. And when the cookies are baking it smells good too! I'm glad you had a "wonderful time".
Gloucester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

We stayed here for one night on our way back from the coast to Las Vegas and found it to be an excellent hotel. We were greeted in a very friendly way and the cookies at reception were very welcome after a long journey. Bedroom was good with all the facilities that you could ask for and the included breakfast was one of the best that we had whilst in the USA. We would recommend this hotel over many that we stayed at during our trip. It was convenient for the interstate but quiet. The pool looked clean and the hot tub was certainly hot! All in all, a good place to stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
I hope you enjoyed your vacation in the U.S. I'm sure Barstow is small compared to some of the cities you visited, and yet we're the ones you would recommend. That puts a smile on my face. Whenever you come back, make sure you stay with us again.

Been to Country Inn & Suites Barstow? Share your experiences!