“Giving it all 5's” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Carbondale, Colorado
“Giving it all 5's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

I have stayed at Country Inns twice and both times they have exceeded my expectations. Clean, updated with a homey, better than budget/mid priced feel. Cookies at check in and adequate hot breakfast. I have a close family member who works for one of the better competing large hotel groups and Country Inns is now in my top two choices when travelling. The Barstow property is top notch.

• Stayed June 2013
Alison C, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Barstow, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Although I would love to know what "better competing large hotel" your family member works for, I'll gladly accept being in your top 2. Hopefully when you stay with us again we can take the #1 spot.

Thank you for writing this great review!

424 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

place is beautiful when you walked in the couch in everything. Fresh baked cookies and everyone is so kind and nice if you have any questions I'll always answer them it was wonderful to have a hot breakfast. It was a wonderful say.

• Stayed June 2013
I think we have a beautiful property also. And when the cookies are baking it smells good too! I'm glad you had a "wonderful time".
Gloucester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

We stayed here for one night on our way back from the coast to Las Vegas and found it to be an excellent hotel. We were greeted in a very friendly way and the cookies at reception were very welcome after a long journey. Bedroom was good with all the facilities that you could ask for and the included breakfast was one of the best that we had whilst in the USA. We would recommend this hotel over many that we stayed at during our trip. It was convenient for the interstate but quiet. The pool looked clean and the hot tub was certainly hot! All in all, a good place to stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
I hope you enjoyed your vacation in the U.S. I'm sure Barstow is small compared to some of the cities you visited, and yet we're the ones you would recommend. That puts a smile on my face. Whenever you come back, make sure you stay with us again.
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel four times so far this year for various lengths of stays. From the first time I stayed until this last visit the staff has been wonderful. The staff is always smiling and cheerful and ready to complete your every request. Tiffany always goes above and beyond to make sure you have a great stay and her and Roses smiles and attitude put you in a good mood even it your having a bad day. They have a great breakfast and the rooms are nice and always clean. This is the best hotel I have ever stayed in and I have stayed in very some nice hotels, but the staff in this hotel puts all others to shame.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for speaking so highly of our staff. I think if you have the right people working for you, everything else will fall into place. Customer service is one of the big things we look for in employees. It seems we've nailed it! The staff and I look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Barstow.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

This is the best hotel I have ever stayed in. The staff was super friendly. The rooms were very clean, the bed was comfortable. I will be staying here again. Chilis restaurant is right next door I loved this as I didnt have to go find a restaurant after a long day of driving with my family.

• Stayed June 2013
Alison C, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Barstow, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
I believe I have the best staff, which makes Country Inn & Suites Barstow the "best hotel ever". A clean room, comfy bed and smiling face can make all the difference when you've been traveling. And the Chili's right outside is the icing on the cake. If you're ever in the Barstow area again, make sure to come in and say hi!
Irvine, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

This is the hotel I stay at whenever I'm down at Outlet Center in Barstow. The location is perfect, the staff is friendly, the complimentary breakfast is good and the prices are always the best compared to similar hotels there.

The last time I stayed, I had booked through Priceline for the first time, unfortunately I messed up and selected the wrong weekend. When I arrived the person working helped me out immensely, I got a nicer room for not much more than the Priceline rate, and the next morning the assistant manager helped me cancel my Priceline mistake without a penalty.

Whenever I stay there, the rooms are clean and smell clean, the beds are comfortable and clean, and complimentary internet is a plus. Can't say enough good things about this one, and I'm not a fan of Barstow so you know it's a great place.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Even though you aren't a fan of the area, I'm glad you like our hotel. Hopefully it'll help with your outlook on our small town.

Booking through a 3rd party website can be confusing sometimes, so I'm glad our staff was able to help you get in on the correct dates. And that you weren't charged a penalty is even better.

We appreciate the review and the great scores. Make sure you come back the next time you're in town.
Grand Junction, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Arrived at midnight with my 12 year old son. Too tired to drive any further. The associate at the desk was so nice, despite the hotel computer system crashing. She handled it well and we loved our room. Very roomy, wonderful bed/linens, very clean and I always appreciate the sink in the same room with the tub and toilet because I'm often up before the kids and can get ready without waking everyone else up. Also, there's a door between the bedroom and the suite area so it is absolutely quiet..no slamming of doors in the hall etc. was sleeping great until the smoke alarm started to chirp once every minute (low battery). Called front desk. A guy came and changed battery....left....started chirping again...called...guy came....changed battery..pretty much awake now. Funny how those things go off in what only seems like the wee hours of the morning. Anyway, it was a welcomed spot for a weary traveler. Will keep it in mind for next time.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
I'm sorry the battery in your smoke detector died. Like you said, they always seem to go out in the middle of the night.

Otherwise, it looks like you had a good stay. It's a good thing to stop and get a room when you're tired instead of trying to push on.

It sounds like you had one of our 1 bedroom suites. Those are great rooms. The door seperating the rooms really lets there be some privacy when you have kids.

I hope to see you on your next trip through Barstow.

Been to Country Inn & Suites Barstow? Share your experiences!