“A heaven for weary travellers” 5 of 5 stars

Book early and Save 20%
Ranked #2 of 29 hotels in Barstow
GreenLeadersSilver level
Hudson's Hope
“A heaven for weary travellers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

My husband and I were on our way back from our vacation and needed a hotel for one night. We came upon the Country Inn and Suites Inn in Barstow Ca. and we were very glad we did. The hotel is cozy, warm and inviting when you walk in. The staff were friendly and efficent in checking us in. The room we had was lovely, comfortable beds, and overall, a very nice room. We needed some extra help finding a part for our truck and the staff gave us the information, phone numbers to call and were very helpful. The breakfast room was well stocked with food and when the coffee ran out, it was replaced immediately. As we continued on with our trip home, we stayed at 3 more hotels and out of those, the Country Inn and Suites was the best one we stayed in. We had driven over 3,000 miles and a good hotel is vital.

Room Tip: If you have special needs, just ask the staff on check in and they will help you as much as they can...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Alison C, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Barstow, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
I'm pleased to hear my staff was so helpful with your truck problems. Sometimes you need the extra help when you're in an unfamiliar place.

Our breakfast attendants are always on top of keeping fresh coffee available. It goes so fast sometimes they have to.

I'm glad we were the best hotel you stayed at, but I wish you would have received the same treament at the other hotels as well. That means you need to come stay with us again the next time you're in the Barstow area.

357 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Ulan Bator
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Greeted with a "We will make a $20 charge on your card, which will be refunded if ...". Nice welcome!

Tried 3 rooms, but there is no escaping the noise from the Freeway and the main road junction. Had paid in advance, so settled for the best option of a downgrade room from the one we were first offered, that promised to be the quietest.

Wrong! After bedding down, we found that noise from the close-by lorry park was enhanced by lorries stopping for a break on the deserted filling station lot adjoining this hotel. Just outside our window. Why do they keep their diesels thumping away while the driver goes for food or coffee? Later, a special treat was the refrigerated unit!! On and on and on ... ... .

For the benefit of anyone thinking of staying here, the two suites we saw were quite dismal when compared with Homewood or Embassy. A long room with a not large window at the bedroom end and quite dark at the sofa/desk area near the entrance door. Beige walls and dull green paintwork looks awful. The cheaper double queen room seems much lighter.

It is all nice and clean, but if a quiet night's sleep is what you are after - then try elsewhere.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Alison C, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Barstow, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
I'd like to apologize for the noise problems you had while staying at our hotel. Unfortunately, with our location there is no getting around the freeway noise. The trucks also stop here for their overnight stays and we can't regulate what they do. I wish we could have somehow made this better for you.

Our hotel has just begun a total renovation, so hopefully if you are ever in the Barstow area you can come by and give our suites another chance.

Again, I apologize and hope you will consider booking with us again.
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

This hotel is super clean, quiet and most importantly, I feel safe there (being a woman) I have stayed here a few times on my way back to home to Vegas, usually by myself. This last time, I was traveling with my two little kids and we were tired after a long day. When I went in, we were greeting with a smile and friendly attitudes (even though it was midnight). My kids were upset, since I had woken them up in the car to come inside, they recognized that I needed to be rushed through to make it easier on my kids. not only did they process me fast, but they upgraded me to a three queen bed room, which made my night! I was planning on not getting much sleep with two kids in the same bed as me, instead we got out own beds and slept like angels! I recommend this hotel all the way!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Alison C, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Barstow, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
As a woman myself, feeling safe in a hotel when I'm by myself is so important. We take steps to make sure the hotel is locked up in the evening hours, for this exact reason.

I love that we were able to give you the room with 3 queen beds so you all were able to sleep good. I have a young daughter and I know that if i had to share a bed with her, there would be no sleep for me.

If you're ever in the Barstow area, come back, we'd love to have you.
Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

I had a hard day filling a big rental truck in Palmdale. By late afternoon I was on my way to Barstow to hit I-40. I was so glad to find this nice hotel so conveniently located. Outstanding room. Clean and with great air conditioning! Great breakfast too.
Wonderful place for a dusty traveler.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
We welcome dusty, tired travelers with open arms.

I'm pleased to hear we were easy to find and had a clean, quiet room for you. When you spend the whole day loading a truck and traveling, all you want is to lay down in a comfortable bed. I'm glad you chose us.

I hope the next time you travel through this area, you'll come stay with us again.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

when having to make a stop on your trip to Vegas. everything in this hotel is excellent! the only minor issue was a treadmill in the exercise room that was out-of-service and had to wait a while for to use the second machine. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: if you really like very quiet rooms take one on the east wing of the hotel
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
I love when you said "everything in this hotel is excellent" because I believe that too.

I do apologize about the treadmill. We've been trying to get it fixed only to find out the company that made it went out of business.

I appreciate your recommendations and hope to see you when you come through the Barstow area.
Crawley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Good - This was just a stopover for us so the location was perfect on route and for shopping at Barstow, also a good restaurant a stones throw away. The service was efficient, helpful and friendly. The site has laundry facilities, which we used and found to be good. There is an indoor pool and hot tub (see not so good). Could not fault the room at all, it was big with two comfortable beds and very well presented and clean. There was also an excellent hot breakfast. The value was outstanding. I would thoroughly recommend this hotel and would stay there again.

Not so Good - The swimming pool temperature was low. Did not use the Hot Tub as everyone else was in it!!

Room Tip: give it a try.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Alison C, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Barstow, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor.

I'm sorry you found the temperature to be cold in the pool and the hot tub full. Hopefully on your next trip you can enjoy these facilities.

Otherwise it sounds like we were able to provide great service. I think a comfortable bed and clean room are so important when finding a good hotel. I know my staff works hard to make sure every guest feels the way you do.

Thanks for giving us a try.
Flint, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Everything about this hotel was exceptional. I am diabetic and I was glad to have a room with a freezer/refrigerator for my insulin. I froze the ice replacement and wrapped my insulin around it for the rest of the day. I was so happy not to have to use ice. I felt pampered and we slept well to take on the next day. Breakfast was excellent.

Room Tip: We had a quiet room.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
I'm so happy to hear how pleased you were with our property.

I have family members who are diabetic, so I know how difficult it can be to travel with your medication. I'm glad we provided the proper refrigerator/freezer so there wasn't any inconvenience for you.

Please visit us again when your in the Barstow area.

Been to Country Inn & Suites Barstow? Share your experiences!