“Awesome place to stay!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Haledon, New Jersey, United States
“Awesome place to stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

We happened to stay in this hotel and we had a pleasant experience. Very friendly staff and well kept rooms. I really liked the breakfast provided with the stay. Lots of options and large sitting area to have a nice breakfast.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Alison C, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Barstow, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
I was so happy to read that you enjoyed our breakfast so much. We want our guests to say "WOW" when they see our breakfast buffet. We hope you will stay with us again if you are ever in Barstow.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Reno, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

I recently had an opportunity to stay at the Country Inn in Barstow and while I am delayed in posting this review, I felt it was well deserved. Three and a half years ago I moved to Albuquerque for my job. During this time I made several trips a year back to the Bay Area to see my kids, grandkids and girlfriend. Barstow always seemed the more than halfway point where I would poop out and stay the night. Because I didn't know the area, I pretty much stayed off of I-40 not wanting to veer off into the unknown. I routinely stayed at the Ramada which seemed the best of what were not too good of choices. In Nov 2012, my job had ended and I decided to move back. My girlfriend flew out to ABQ to help me move and take the drive with me. I thought we would "play it by ear" as far as to when and where we'd stop but we ended up in Barstow again. I called my usual on-line service and tried to book the Ramada but apparently they were full and they offered the Country Inn. I had never ventured off of I-40 so when they told me it was only a mile or so down I-15, I accepted. I couldn't have been more pleased. The rates were in line but the hotel was so much better! Almost like I would imagine walking into a nice hotel in Vermont, something out of the Newhart Show! A comfortable family room area where people would sit and talk. A kitchen & dining room with others just relaxing shooting the bull while having a meal or just relaxing. The staff were super friendly, smiles all around. The rooms I believe must all be two room suites, at least that's what we had. A somewhat small living room area but with its own desk, table, flat screen TV, sofa, chair, end tables etc. I personally think they don't need all that furniture as it does take up quite a bit of room. The bedroom was nice size, bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was a pleasure, not one of these where you have to maneuver around the door just to close it. Very nice and clean. They serve breakfast and dinner there ( I believe both are free) but there are also several restaurants around within walking distance which we chose to venture out to. This is a very beautiful place for a more than decent rate. I don't very often spend too much on rooms especially when it's just going to be for the night as this was. My only regret, that I didn't find this place several years ago when I first started making these trips. Now I've relocated to Central CA so I may not be back to this location but you can bet that on future trips I will be looking up Country Inn & Suites for my stay!

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Alison C, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Barstow, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Wow - I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us! We are the newest hotel in Barstow and my staff works diligently to keep it sparkling clean. We do serve a full complimentary dinner every Thursday night. I know your review mentioned that you moved to Central CA, but we hope that if your travels bring you back to the Barstow area that you will come stay with us again.
Sanford, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed here for one evening while on business. The staff was friendly and the hotel was well kept. My room was large. Breakfast area was a good size and the food served was better than most hotel meals. I have stayed at this and one other hotel in this area and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for recognizing my amazing staff. They are the friendliest in town. We like to make our guests feel at home while they are away from home. We hope to see you again real soon.
Vancouver Island, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Fantastic customer service, the front end girl was really easy going and pleasant. Check in was fast and efficient.
Clean hotel, quiet and we had a good nights sleep.
Free parking.
I think a good value for your buck.
I would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
It was a pleasure having you stay with us all the way from Canada. I am happy to hear that you had a good nights sleep. We have the only indoor pool and spa in Barstow and I hope you had a chance to use it. We look forward to having you as our guest if you are ever in the area again.
San Jose
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Barstow is pretty much a one-night-stay city on a road trip. We hadn't be through Barstow for five years, and there sure wasn't much of a choice in hotels and food. That has changed for the good. We were very pleased that we had a better choice with The Country Inn. Easy check-in, very accommodating friendly staff, quiet corridors, comfy beds, and a free breakfast. There is an indoor pool & hot tub, but we didn't use them. Good stay, and we will stay again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

We love Country Inn & Suites, and always try and stay at one. This one was easy to find and the reduced last minute pre-paid rate was GREAT for the weekend before New Year. The room was comfortable and a good size as usual, and a real value.

The night auditor who checked us in said breakfast was served until 9:30, but in the book in the room it said it was 10:30 on weekends (this was a Sunday). We were in the breakfast room by 9:15. There was no black coffee, no bowls for the 1/2 cup of cold oatmeal that was left, no waffle mix, no milk for the coffee procured finally at the front desk, only white bread and donuts, with luke-warm eggs, and sausage. The whole breakfast area was a bit of a mess. When I asked the attendant for any of the missing things, his attitude was, "well breakfast ends in a few minutes and we are out because it's a holiday, and I'm new here." I ended up walking across to Starbucks because my only choice was cold cereal or black coffee (no milk). I paid $11 for my free breakfast. I feel that knowing it was a holiday weekend there should have been sufficient supplies.

Aside from that, the pool and whirlpool are open 24 hours (LOVE that!) and the property is in a great location, and the rest of the staff is wonderful.

No towels in the pool area. We had to go to the front desk to get them.

Despite my few complaints, when I next travel through Barstow I will stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Christchurch, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Wow! We were so pleased we picked the Country Inn and Suites to stay at in Barstow. The service was fantastic, and the room was beautiful and clean. The extras that are available are numerous. We were very pleasantly surprised when we checked in to find out that on a Thursday night they provide a complementary dinner. Lovely! Yummy breakfast too. Our girls loved the indoor pool and we certainly made use of the available laundry room. If you need a place to stay in Barstow, this is it. It has a lovely homely feel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Country Inn & Suites Barstow? Share your experiences!