“Best Motel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 29 Hotels in Barstow
Janesville, Wisconsin
“Best Motel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

I would like to say that I enjoyed my stay at the Best Motel on January 1st after traveling back from Rose Bowl in Pasadena CA that day. I stayed here last year also. The room clean and large and I felt very secure there. The gentleman that runs it a real nice man. The question I always ask myself after I stay at a motel, Would I stay there again? Hands down I would say yes. If you need a place to stay on your way from or to Las Vegas from California I would give it the A OK. It is not a 4 or 5 star but it is what it is and for just under $40 you can not beat it!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Leven, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

Tried to stay here in middle of July.... Was hotter than the gates of hell.... pool was nice, however the air-con just couldn't cope with the heat the desert had to throw at this pokey-naff motel, excellent prices per room, but you'd probably prefer to sleep in a rattlesnake infested sleeping bag on top of hot coals.

I have never writen on trip advisor or complained about any accomadation in the world.... and i am very greatly travelled person, but Really, ya don't wanna stay here!!

Room Tip: Nice Holiday Inn situated further up the road.... A wee bit more expensive, but if thats the price y...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank 69happycamper69

Travelers are raving about these Barstow hotels

Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2011

We were driving from Salt Lake City to Los Angeles and got a late start in the afternoon so needed a place to stop for rest around midnight. The clerk was friendly and quick. The room was right next to our car so we felt it was safe. The room was large, clean and had a microwave and fridge all for only $40! The bathroom was brand new, bright, clean, and water pressure good.

• Stayed November 2011
3 Thank WGIDIR
Irving, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011

was forced to stop in barstow due to car problems, picked this place and the rooms are clean and the beds are comfortable. The management worked with me to help me out for a few days as my car was fixed

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank adam s
Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2011

I was in Barstow just under 2 years ago, and stayed here. I was a disappointing experience. Well, because the management, (who I believe were not here then) has sent me a postcard twice in the past year asking me to give the best motel another try. I arrived in Barstow 3 days ago, and could not believe this was the same place. I'm leaving tomorrow and will be sure to thank the manager for his hospitality and a comfortable, and obviously recently renovated room. That guy never stops smiling! My experience at this hotel has confirmed that the attitude of the motel or hotel staff, has a much greater impact on a guest's stay than most people think.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business