“Above and beyond!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Suites Barstow

You added Comfort Suites Barstow to your Saves list
Comfort Suites Barstow
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2571 Fisher Blvd., Intersection of I-15 & Lenwood, Barstow, CA 92311   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 29 Hotels in Barstow
Urbana, Illinois
“Above and beyond!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

My husband and I were on our "honeymoon" after four years of marriage because we were too poor when we got married to take any kind of trip. We drove from the Midwest to California and stopped in Barstow for the night. Our day had taken longer than we had planned and we ended up looking for a hotel at 2 AM. We wearily walked into the lobby and not only did the night clerk help us stay within budget with the room rate, but she upgraded us to a honeymoon suite and gave us a late check out! The room was wonderful and while I didn't end up getting up in time for breakfast, it smelled great, too! If you are ever staying in Barstow I would highly recommend this hotel, both for service and amenities.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 233 and it was really nice, although I will say it was down at the end of a hall a...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
gm_caa22, General Manager at Comfort Suites Barstow, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Thank you so much for the great review! I am very happy to hear that after 4 years you finally were able to take a honeymoon. I really hope you enjoyed your trip and made great memories to add to the wonderful journey of marriage. I'm glad we had a Jacuzzi suite available to offer you! We love when the opportunity comes along to make your experience even more special. Hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Riverside, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

I read all of the great reviews for this hotel before I booked, so I knew it should be a great experience....and it was! We stayed for baseball tournament at a local ball field. Everything was superb! We were quickly greeted and given our room keys. Once in our room, we found a very clean, spacious room. It was sufficient size for our family of four, luggage, ice chest, and sports equipment. It was quiet place to stay. (When eating at Chili's down the road, we observed the busy-ness surrounding the competitor's hotel, and knew we had picked the correct location.) We used the pool and gym facility, and both were nicely maintained. Breakfast was simple, but sufficient, and offered some variety for different eaters. All staff were pleasant and helpful. We wish there were more hotels like this in others areas we frequent. Good value for the money.

Room Tip: Our room faced the parking lot, so we did not hear any freeway noise.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
gm_caa22, General Manager at Comfort Suites Barstow, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
What a wonderful review! I hope the tournament went well. I'm glad you were able to enjoy our amenities and that our hotel was suitable for your family. We recently renovated our pool so I'm glad you enjoyed it. You definitely did pick the right hotel for a quiet, traffic free stay. The other side of Lenwood Road tends to get very busy. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I'm very glad you enjoyed your stay with us.
Tampere, Finland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Comfort Suites in Barstow provided nice break for a long drive. Location around doesn't provide anything but lonely malls and parked trucks, but for jogging the rising sun in the desert is a great experience as such. The gym wasn't too big, but served the purpose well and the breakfast was cozy and tasteful.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for the kind review. I'm glad we were able to offer you some relaxation from your long drive. Most of our leisure guests stop in Barstow to take a little break from all the driving. It's good to hear you had a chance to take a jog through the desert. We have several guests that very much enjoy desert runs. Peaceful, quiet and beautiful views. Thank you for sharing your experience. Hope to see you soon!
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

We are traveling across country and this was our first stop. We were a little nervous on what it would be like in Barstow but this hotel was great! Clean, clean, clean. It has great amenities for families - laundry, pet friendly, good sized rooms with fridge, microwave, and mini bar sink with a nice sized, clean bathroom. It has a good breakfast. It was a great first night for our family on our moving trip across country!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for the review! I am so happy to hear you and your family enjoyed your stay. I'm glad we had all the amenities here to satisfy your every need. Hope you had a great trip and please make sure to visit us again soon!
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

The hotel is perfect for a stop-over on the way from/to Las Vegas/the Canyons. The rooms are quite spacious, the hotel is clean and they serve a decent breakfast and even free dinner (of course this is not a gourmet restaurant but it is free...).

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
gm_caa22, General Manager at Comfort Suites Barstow, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Thank you for the review. I'm glad you were able to enjoy our evening reception. Our guests are always very excited to see what we are having on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. We also love the evening reception because it gives us the oportunity to chat with our lovely guests. Thank you and hope to see you soon!
phoenix, az
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here on a trip for my ailing grandmother, and considered no other hotel when I returned for the funeral. The breakfast and coffee was actually quite good, the room was comfortable and quiet, and the bed was great. Location was very close to Barstow, and nicely situated next to the outlet mall and restaurants in Lenwood (definitely stay here rather than inside Barstow -much better area for food). Their front desk personnel were super nice and were aware of the family situation and offered us the conference room as a family gathering place. I thought that was extremely considerate, and the stay at this particular hotel made things less stressful. My only tip: if you here a whistle from the window due to the wind, just open it and slam it shut tight and that will do the trick. Barstow is known for wind.

Stayed June 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am very happy to hear that my staff was able to take some stress off of your shoulders. We want all our guests to have a relaxing stay that exceeds all expectations. Thanks again for the review and I hope to see you again soon.
Los Alamos, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Stayed here one night during a 10 day road trip. It is the nicest hotel I've stayed at in years, all for $95/night! Rooms are enormous, clean, modern, comfortable! Great staff, good free breakfast. Close to freeway on/off and many restaurants. Best Value of whole trip!

Room Tip: double queen was a huge room with a sofa bed
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
gm_caa22, General Manager at Comfort Suites Barstow, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Nicest hotel you've stayed at in years! Wow, we are flattered! Thank you so much for the lovely review. Please make sure to stop by again on your next road trip. You can expect to once again receive amazing customer service, great breakfast, great room, and overall great value for what you pay. See you soon!