“Nice stay, close to Outlet Center” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Suites Barstow

You added Comfort Suites Barstow to your Saves list
Comfort Suites Barstow
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2571 Fisher Blvd., Intersection of I-15 & Lenwood, Barstow, CA 92311   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 29 Hotels in Barstow
Central CA
“Nice stay, close to Outlet Center”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here with family on our way home from Vegas. Booked the room through Expedia's unpublished rates feature, and was pleased with the hotel. Room was large and clean with 2 queen beds and a sofa bed. Continental breakfast was good (waffles, eggs, bacon, potatoes, donuts, fruit, etc.) and staff gave our kids a little toy. The pool was heated, so it was possible to swim even in April. There was a small gym which my husband said was nice. Really liked that it was close to the Outlet Center (Gap, Old Navy, Aeropostale, etc.). We walked to the Denny's next door for dinner and there were other restaurants nearby. I noticed that we could hear the doors of the other rooms being closed during the night, but luckily it didn't wake our kids. Also, we could not get the wifi to work. Overall, a nice place to stay if you are passing through. Would stay here again.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
gm_caa22, General Manager at Comfort Suites Barstow, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Wow sounds like you were able to enjoy a little bit of everything our hotel has to offer! I'm really glad you and your family enjoyed your stay. I apologize about the internet issue. Please contact front desk on your next visit so that we can assure you get logged on properly. Thanks again for chosing our hotel and I hope to see you all again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here on the night the strong winds starting coming into California and we wanted a break from them. This was such a pleasant surprise. Rooms very clean beds were comfortable and it was surprisingly quiet here as well. Breakfast was fresh with a good offering and some healthy choices the young lady manning the breakfast area did get a little distracted and let all the coffee pots go dry but we found her and she quickly refilled them. Staff all seemed pleasant we didn't have any special requests so they didn't have to do much for us. All in all a good value for this area.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
gm_caa22, Manager at Comfort Suites Barstow, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Thank you for staying with us during the intense wind storm! I had such terrible things to say about the strong winds, until now. I am thrilled that the gusts blew you into the Comfort Suites Barstow! I am excited to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. As for the empty coffee, I sincerely apologize about that and am glad that the issue was fixed promptly. I will share this review with my breakfast attendants. The breakfast attendants are extremely invested in exceeding our guests expectations, so I know that once I share this review, they will make sure that the coffee does not run out again. Now you need to test this out, so come back as soon as possible! Thank you again for being a valued guest and we can not wait until you stay again!
Santa Ana, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

This hotel was an AMAZING surprise!!! My family and I love to stay at hotels and this one FAR exceeded our expectations! Clean and spacious rooms! Nice pool and Jacuzzi! Great staff! One in particular named April really went above and beyond to make our stay special. My mother called to send room service to our room as a surprise and since this hotel does not have a restaurant it does not have room service. April took it upon herself to bake fresh cookies and make a little snack basket of goodies and little toys for my kids along with a special note! Never in all our travel has a staff member been so sweet! We HIGHLY recommend Comfort Suites Barstow!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us at the Comfort Suites in Barstow! In addition, thank you for taking the time to let others know about your stay! It is so terrific to see how much our team pulls together to show our guests how much they mean. You are the reason we are here in the first place. April and the rest of the staff love opportunities in which they are able to show our guests how much we value them and exceed expectations. April will be elated to see this review! I am excited that you were pleased with your stay and I hope you come back again soon! THANK YOU!!!!!!!
Snohomish, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

This hotel was a wonderful surprise. Not only was the staff great, the property was very clean and the room was great. The room decor was very nice with the bed being very comfortable and with very clean and nice bedding. Free wi-fin the room worked great. The bathroom large and stocked very well. A large desk area and small refrigerator with sink and coffee maker rounded out the room well. A full breakfast menu topped it all. You can not go wrong with this hotel. This property makes the Comfort Suites name shine.

Room Tip: Rooms on the front entrance side offer a view of the Barstow area.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Wow! So many fantastic compliments to thank you for! First off, thank you for choosing to stay at the Comfort Suites in Barstow, and secondly, thank you for sharing your experience. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and the amenities that we offer. We just upgraded our bedding, so I am excited that you liked it! As for our breakfast, our breakfast attendants are always striving to make breakfast unique and tasty for our guests. Thank you again for sharing your experience and for staying with us!
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

After a long exhausting day at Disneyland, my husband and I decided to stay in Barstow to avoid the spring breakers of Las Vegas and Anaheim. Simply stated, this hotel is a gem. Everything from our 2am check-in to the free breakfast was fantastic! The night shift manager was especially willing to assist with anything and was very friendly. The room was very spacious and impressive for the price. There was a quarter wall separater between the king bed and the pull out sofa bed which would add needed privacy in a group.The bed was incredibly comfortable and the whole hotel was very clean. We really hope to stay at this hotel again and next time we'll bring our dog as it is pet friendly.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for staying with us at the Comfort Suites in Barstow! I am thrilled that you were happy with your stay as Disneyland is a tough act to follow! As for your furry friend, we would be delighted if you would give him or her our invitation to stay next time! We are truly excited for every happy guest, so thank you for sharing your experience with future guests and for staying with us! Come back soon!!!!!
Ontario, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

this hotel is very beautiful and clean.other comfort suites need to learn hospitality and cleanliness from this particular comfort suites. the staff are very sweet,acknowledge the fact that your a diamond member and a free huge breakfast.kyle at the front desk is wonderful and a asset to this company with a wonderful personality,sense of humor he is just great. I love this hotel and will drive extra on my travels to get there.for all that you get the price is unbelievably reasonable.so if you enjoy a great value and don't want to compromise safety and wonderful service this is your place.

Room Tip: stay here definitely look no where else
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
gm_caa22, Manager at Comfort Suites Barstow, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Wow! I am excited to see that we earned such a flattering review from a DIAMOND member!!! We appreciate all of the business that you give to Choice Hotels. With so many hotel stays under your belt, your approval means the world to us. As for our staff, I can not agree with you more. Each team member takes guest satisfaction very personally. Kyle is new to the team and we could not be happier that he has joined! Thank you once again, for being a valued Elite Diamond Choice Privileges Member and for staying with us at the Comfort Suites while in Barstow, Ca.
Southampton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

We booked this as nothing more than a stop over on the way from Yosemite to Las Vegas and were very impressed. The room was huge with a nice sofa area and huge bathroom. The beds were comfy and despite its location next to the freeway it was very quiet. The breakfast was bog standard and the coffee in the room was no good - hence it's lack of an excellent rating. Other than that I was very happy and if something strange should happen and I should need to overnight in that area again I would definitely stay there.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
gm_caa22, Manager at Comfort Suites Barstow, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thank you for staying with us at the Comfort Suites while in Barstow, Ca. In addition, thank you for taking the time out of your day to let us and our future guests know about your stay. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your room! As for the breakfast, if there is something that you would appreciate being added, I am sure others would as well, so please feel free to call (760)-253-3600, you can ask for me (Rachelle) or give your comments to a front desk agent to pass along to me. Finally, there is nothing better than finding out that we have earned a loyal guest, I hope that your travels do bring you to us again soon! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

Been to Comfort Suites Barstow? Share your experiences!