“Excellent clean place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Suites Barstow

You added Comfort Suites Barstow to your Saves list
Comfort Suites Barstow
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2571 Fisher Blvd., Intersection of I-15 & Lenwood, Barstow, CA 92311   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 29 Hotels in Barstow
“Excellent clean place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

The hotel was really clean and the staff was very friendly. Although it was near the interstate the noise was NOT an issue. Very nice and will definitely stay again
The staff was exceptionally helpful and the breakfast was far better than most hotel standards

• Stayed March 2013
gm_caa22, Manager at Comfort Suites Barstow, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Thank you for staying with us at the Comfort Suites in Barstow! In addition, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with our future guests. I am overjoyed that you enjoyed your stay and that we earned a repeat guest! I am thrilled that we hit all of the essentials, from our cleanliness to our staff to our breakfast. I can not thank you enough for your valued business! THANK YOU!!!!!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Positive:
- My husband and I both agreed that this is one of the nicest hotels we've ever stayed at (especially for the price), up to and possibly including the bed & breakfast we stayed at in Napa Valley for our honeymoon. I know that sounds ridiculous, but we've stayed at the Luxor and Excalibur in Las Vegas, and while those might not be the pinnacles of high society, they *are* supposedly four star hotels, and this Comfort Suites was nicer and in better condition.
- The beds were super comfy. I liked the the down (or down alternative, whatever) duvet.
- There were four pillows per bed - two firm, two soft. They were labeled ;)
- The room had two queen beds and a pull-out sofa bed (which I was told was reasonably comfortable). There was an ironing board and safe in the closet. A counter area across from the sofa held a fridge, microwave, and a small sink, as well as a coffee pot. Rather convenient.
- The room was huge. It had a divider between the sofa bed area and the two queen beds.
- The bathroom was also pretty big.
- Everything in the room and bathroom was very clean and in good shape. No holes or stains on anything. (You can see that my standards are fairly basic at this price range, so we were incredibly pleased at the value we found.)
- There were four towels in the bathroom (I hate when there are only three). They were soft and didn't smell chemically.
- The pull-out sofa bed had two sets of linens ready and waiting in the hotel room.
- There is a good sized closet - about 3'x5' I think - as well as an oversized desk and a dresser.
- It was very quiet! I don't recall hearing anything from outside the room at any point in time, either from window or hallway.
- Satellite television. This made both my children and my in-laws happy, as they were each able to watch the shows they wanted to watch.
- Continental breakfast was great. There were several trays of hot food (eggs, sausage, bacon, little bagel/cheese sandwiches, some sort of omelet, home fries), dried goods (cereal, bagels, bread for toast, pastries), coffee, orange/cranberry/apple juice, hot chocolate, yogurt, bananas, apples. Basically everything.

Neutral:
- There is a $100 deposit held on your card immediately, in addition to the cost of the room. It's a non-smoking deposit held until your departure. It's listed on a sign behind the front desk (to the left), but I missed it until I went to check-out. Not a big deal, you should just be aware of it. (The hotel is entirely non-smoking. Honestly, that's a pretty smart policy on the part of the hotel.)
- Wifi was spotty enough that I chose to stick with the even spottier 4G on my phone. Husband couldn't get his 3G to cooperate, but had better luck with the wifi. I think the wifi would have irritated me if we'd needed it for anything other than random browsing before bed.
- Apparently they put your receipt under the door in your room at night. I assume we probably didn't get one because we got in so late, but the lady at check out was very nice and immediately gave me a copy.
- There were two people running the breakfast area, although one was doubling as check-out for the front desk. This led to people waiting in line to check out a few times. (We checked out after breakfast and therefore were not one of them, however I could see where that could be a little annoying.)

Negative:
- There are doors at either end of building on the first floor, however the only elevators are located centrally in the middle of the building, which makes for a rather long walk if you are located towards the end of the hallways. Not a big deal, but if you have mobility issues (as others in our party did), this will be a problem. Request a first floor room, in that case.
- On a similar note, the handicapped parking was in the middle of the parking lot, and still quite a walk from any entrance. I suppose that's better than not having it at all, though.
- There was obviously a party going on several rooms down on the second floor. We arrived at midnight on a Friday night/Saturday morning and it was pretty loud every time we walked past over the next half hour to 45 minutes bringing our stuff in. I guess it wasn't bothering their neighbors, but you could definitely hear it in the hallway.
- Only downside to the bathroom - we could not figure out where the switch for the fan was, or perhaps there was no fan. It looked like there was, but we could only find two switches, and both went to lights.

Overall, we were all really pleased with this hotel. We had originally intended to stay in Needles, but after driving through the area and realizing that the hotel we'd picked out a) looked to be in a rather scary part of town and b) wouldn't accommodate the moving truck we were driving, we chose to drive the extra two hours to Barstow, and I'm so glad we did. The price difference wasn't much more, and the hotel (and location) in Barstow was so much nicer than Needles.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
gm_caa22, Manager at Comfort Suites Barstow, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
First of all, thank you for staying with us at the Comfort Suites in Barstow! Additionally, thank you for taking the time to write such a thorough review for our future guests and current staff. We are all extremely grateful when we get feedback regarding what we are doing right, in addition to areas of opportunity. I am thrilled that you felt the value for the price that you paid. That is extremely important in any area of business and we are always striving to achieve this! I am also flattered that you noticed our newly upgraded bedding! The pillow options are fantastic! As for the $100 authorization upon check in, it is our policy to inform the guest before check in. I apologize that you were only informed by the sign on the wall. I will refresh each front desk agent on this policy to prevent future guests from being surprised by this. Thank you for bringing that to my attention. As for the rowdy guests, we know how important that our guests rest is and if there are any noise complaints we handle those immediately. I am glad that you were not disturbed by the noise. Rest assured that if there are noise issues we rectify the issue promptly. Thank you again for being a valued guest and please come back soon!
Bedford, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

I picked this hotel out of the blue becuse it allows pets. It turned out to be an excellent hotel. The rooms are comfy, spacious, and very clean. The staff is very friendly and helpful and the morning breakfast had an excellent choice of items. I would definitely stay here again. It is a wonderful hotel.

• Stayed March 2013
gm_caa22, Manager at Comfort Suites Barstow, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us at the Comfort Suites while in Barstow, Ca.! I feel that we got lucky with this out of the blue pick! I am thrilled when we get the opportunity to earn a loyal guest. Not knowing much about a property is a little intimidating, however we always strive to exceed our guests expectations. I am excited that this was the case with you and your pet! Thank you for giving us a chance and thank you for taking the time to tell future travelers of your experience. Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!!!!!
Harrison, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

This was our family's first stop on our trip across country. Because Barstow is at the edge of the desert, it is probably a bit more expensive than Bakersfield or somewhere farther east. The hotel was pretty new, and very clean. We really just crashed for the night and ate breakfast the next morning and were on our way.

My only complaint was that the sensor on the front doors was set too low. My 4 year old daughter got her head stuck when the door shut because it didn't sense her. I told the front desk and they immediately sent someone to adjust it to see people under 4' tall...

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
gm_caa22, Manager at Comfort Suites Barstow, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us while passing through and equally for taking the time to tell our future guests about your experience! I would like to begin by apologizing for the incident regarding your little one! I am pleased to hear that our front desk staff was quick to react! As for the rest of your stay, I am thrilled to find that you had a pleasant experience! We truly are invested in each guest finding their room clean and comfortable and of course the breakfast hearty enough to being a full day of travel or work. Thank you once again for being a valued guest and I hope you return again soon!!!! Please apologize again to your daughter for us! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

The hotel staff truly anticipates my every need. Service was excellent. Conversation with the front desk was always personal, genuine and yet still very professional. Like a "sparkling bush" in the desert. ;) The housekeeping and maintenance are hard-working and pleasant. It is very clean. I stay in hotels long-term for work, so being clean, comfortable, and getting along with friendly staff really makes a difference for me. This hotel made me feel truly welcomed and at home. I was catered to in so many ways... The free dinners on Tuesday and Wednesday nights... the cookies for midnight snacks... the delicious variety at breakfast... (And of course, the gym to burn off all those extra delicious calories!) I have recommended this place to my family and highly recommend it to anyone who wants to be comfortable and well taken care of.

• Stayed March 2013
Wow! Thank you for this flattering review! As a long term guest, you bear witness to our every day service. That being stated, I am thrilled that you have such terrific compliments for us. It is important to us that we make our guests feel welcome and at home. With our long term guests the "at home" aspect is essential. Anticipating needs, is what we strive to achieve, so I am excited to find that your needs were anticipated! Finally, I am delighted that you were able to enjoy our amenities, by taking in calories and burning them off! Thank you so much for staying with us and for your review!!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!
Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

The whole staff was nice and hospitable. It must have been contagious because all of the other guests I encountered seemed overjoyed. The room was splendid also. The location was great. Lots of shopping and eating places in walking distance.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
gm_caa22, Manager at Comfort Suites Barstow, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thank you for this SUPER NICE review!!! I was just chatting this morning about the ways to be hospitable, so when I stumbled upon this review I was overjoyed! As a team, our staff really has the goal of creating a warm and inviting atmosphere for our guests. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and I am grateful that you took the time to let others know about us! Thank you so much for staying and we hope to have you back soon!!!!!
Sanford, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for over two weeks while on business. This is an extremely clean, well managed hotel. The staff were friendly and attentive. All meals served were great. If you were in a hurry in the morning and couldn't catch breakfast the staff prepared go bags at the front desk. They included a breakfast bar, fruit and a bottle of water. I thought this was very thoughtful as most hotels do not do this. For Bartsow, I can't imagine a better hotel. The location is right off the highway with quick access to multiple fast food locations and quality trucks stops. I will definitely stay here on my next business trip.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Wow! Thank you so much for your kind words! We are all so appreciative when our guests take the time to write these reviews! I am glad that you were comfortable during your two weeks with us. We have many guests that stay for extended amounts of time, and we know that can be difficult so I am happy that you enjoyed your time with us. Finally, I am always ecstatic to find that we have earned a returning guest! Thank you so much for staying with us and we will see you soon!

Been to Comfort Suites Barstow? Share your experiences!