“Excellent in every way!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Suites Barstow

You added Comfort Suites Barstow to your Saves list
Comfort Suites Barstow
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2571 Fisher Blvd., Intersection of I-15 & Lenwood, Barstow, CA 92311   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 29 Hotels in Barstow
Lansing, Michigan
“Excellent in every way!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012 via mobile

Fairly new hotel, nicely appointed, very clean, immaculately maintained. Many amenities, including fast internet and lots of outlets in the rooms! Staff is very friendly and accommodating; always smiling and asking what else they can do. A very positive experience.

• Stayed August 2012
gm_caa22, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Barstow, responded to this review, September 3, 2012
Thank you from the entire Comfort Suites team for choosing to stay with us while you were in Barstow! In addition, thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience! I will agree that we have a staff to be proud of! I am so glad to hear that our team was showing such an interest in finding ways to improve. Our guest opinions are extremely important and we utilize them daily. Thank you again for staying with us and I hope that you will come back again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Phoenix Az
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

Don’t always find a great place like this hidden away in smaller town areas of the country. The front desk staff at check-in was very helpful and friendly. We had a third floor room facing the highway and found it to be very quiet and comfortable. There were two elevators that made it quick and easy to get to the floor. The room was very clean, well-stocked and had everything we needed for our night’s stay. The bathroom vanity was large and great to have for a change. New HD flat screen tv mounted on the wall and they had a good choice of channels on the cable. The bed was very comfortable; I wish I had this one at home.

The morning continental breakfast area was well stocked, clean, and plenty of space for everyone. Nearby there were two pc’s for guest use and the hotel had Wi-Fi throughout the property.

I was very impressed with the hotel and the location near Barstow was just fine, about 5 minutes out of Barstow. The hotel staff was able to provide a printed map and directions to a great restaurant in Barstow called Idle Spurs Steakhouse. If you’re in the area and have some time it’s a great place to enjoy a meal.

Tanger Factory outlet stores located nearby for some great shopping.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side might be bright and sunny during the day. North side seems very quiet and i...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
gm_caa22, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Barstow, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this thoughtful review. In addition, our Comfort Suites team is always grateful when a guest chooses to stay with us, since we know you have many lodging options! I am happy to see that you enjoyed your experience at the Comfort Suites in Barstow! I agree that the beds are beyond comfy, sometimes I want to make this my home just for the beds. We really make it our goal to be the best, and from this review I am confident that we are on the right track. Thank you again, and we hope you continue to stay with us when in town.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

My husband and I are driving from CA to NC and this was our first stop out of Los Angeles. The front desk staff couldn't have been friendlier to us and our dog. The room was large and clean. The parking lot felt safe. Breakfast was what you would expect and all we needed to get us going.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
gm_caa22, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Barstow, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
I am happy that you chose to stay with us on your trip to NC. I hope that you stay with us again on your way back home! I am also thrilled to hear that everyone treated your furry friend well! We know that traveling with pets is much the same as traveling with children; they get cranky and tired so we enjoy making their break from the open road a pleasant one. We are so grateful for each and every guest that chooses to stay with us and I want to thank you once again for staying with us!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012 via mobile

Customer service was fantastic! Beds
I could sink into and have a deep comfortable sleep. Soft pillows! So sweet to our son! The breakfast was awesome, fresh fruit even blue berries! A definite stay again! Military rate Was great

• Stayed August 2012
gm_caa22, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Barstow, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
I love this compliment! Our team truly strives to be the best every single day, so this review shows us that our efforts are turning into results! I am so happy that you enjoyed our new fruit selection at breakfast, I love it as well:) Thank you so much for bringing your family to stay with us. We hope that you continue to stay with us on all of your future travels through Barstow and Fort Irwin. THANK YOU!!
Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

We receive excellent service from the moment we walked in the door. The staff member at the front desk was extremely helpful, the breakfast was the best we had during our trip from Wisconsin to California, the beds were comfortable, the rooms were clean and all the amenities were exceptional. More hotels should have workers like Rebecca S. She went out of her way to be helpful to us.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for staying with us and taking the time to write this review! We are so grateful to have such fantastic guests that stay with us. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay and I will be the first person to say that we absolutely value Rebecca and all of the effort she puts into each and every guest. She is such a great team member to have and we are lucky to have her! I am equally excited to see that you loved the breakfast and comfy beds! We hope to see you on your next stop in Barstow! We can not thank you enough for giving us the opportunity to create a loyal guest!
Fort Hood, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

Very clean place with a great staff. Especially Lorelei! Breakfast was decent and they even had some food on Mon-Wed. I will definitely stay there again. Room was clean and comfortable. Internet worked great. Bed was not the most comfortable I have ever stayed in, but not at all like it was bad to sleep in either. I think you will enjoy your stay there for one night or almost three weeks like I stayed. They had a grill for us out by the pool which was nice.

Room Tip: I would just probably not stay on the first floor since they do allow pets on the first floor.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
gm_caa22, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Barstow, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Thank you for staying with us on your extended stay and of course thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback! Since you were here for so long it means so much to us that you enjoyed your time with us. Our long term guests get a full picture of exactly how we operate on a daily basis. For the bulk of our guests we are their home so it is important that we put our best foot forward every day to keep our guests happy. We added our dinner reception and we keep our grill available for this exact reason. Going out for dinner every night can get monotonous at times and after a hard day of work sometimes it is nice just to hang out at "home" and eat in a relaxed setting. I am also glad that we hit the mark on cleanliness and service! We never want to lose sight of the basics! Thank you again for staying with us and please come see us again on your next visit to Barstow!!!!!
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

We booked this hotel as a stop off on our drive from Las Vegas to Los Angeles. At first we weree rather startled and somewhat disappointed to see that it is some way out of the town centre of Barstow, standing right next to the Interstate 15. However upon checking in we were very pleasantly surprised by the cool spacious interior and the very helpful staff - later we discovered the pool, spa bath and fitness rooms before nipping out for supper at one of the many nearby restaurants. The price for a family room (for four) was very reasonable.The following morning breakfast was delicious and so copious in quantity that you could easily not eat for the rest of the day. After checking out it took us about 10 minutes to drive to the Route 66 museum in the centre of town. So, as long as you don't hanker to stay in the downtown of Barstow, this hotel can scarcely be faulted.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
gm_caa22, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Barstow, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
I am so pleased to see this review! I am always excited when we can turn a disappointed guest into a happy one! We are just outside of Barstow, however we are conveniently located very close to the freeway to make for a quick drive to Barstow. I am glad to see that you took advantage of the nearby restaurants as well as our amenities! I am also happy to see that our new breakfast additions were noticed by our last couple of reviews. Thank you for this flattering review our entire team is so appreciative when guests take time out of their day to give us feedback! Thank you and we hope to see you again soon!

Been to Comfort Suites Barstow? Share your experiences!