What a perfect place to stay in Begur! We stayed 6 nights in Hotel Galena and loved it. The location is good (5 min. from the centre of Begur, beautiful view from the restaurant) and not so good (in the middle of a u-shape road). Traffic didn´t disturb us however (and I have troubles sleeping well). We had a room with big terrace. Room is stylish and the bathroom is superb. Terrace is huge.
The owner - Miguel - is charming and easy going gentleman who has a good taste of music! He has useful tips when exploring Costa Brava. His staff is soooo personal and fun!
Breakfast is continental; nothing to mention about. But the dinner menu gets 5 stars from us. Everything we had was delicious, especielly goat chops.
Begur is a beautiful little village within a perfect walking distance from many beaches. We went hiking every day and explored the trails around the costline. The end of September is a good time to travel to Costa Brava: very quiet and yet warm.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the village of Begur in the heart of Costa Brava is Galena Mas Comangau Hotel-Restaurant.. A converted catalan Farmhouse dating from the 18th Century.Our Hotel located in a peaceful area of Begur, five minutes walking from the city center, and very close to the best beaches and golf courses in Costa Brava ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotel.de, Hotels.com, Despegar.com and Priceline so you can book your Hotel Restaurant Galena Mas Comangau reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Galena Mas Comangau Begur
- Hotel Restaurant Galena Mas Comangau Begur, Spain - Costa Brava