We thought that Catalonia in Mid-May would be nice and warm and sunny, but apparently they are having just as unusual a spring as here in England. Nevertheless our stay at the Galena was really great - the owner was so friendly and helpful (and spoke excellent English amongst many other languages) and gave excellent advice on where we should visit.
We ate in their restaurant twice and both times the food was excellent and the service friendly but efficient and the breakfast feast (called a buffet) was wonderful.
Our room had a terrace which was lovely on the days that we spent walking - just right for a relaxing glass of wine while the legs recovered.
Begur itself was only a short 5 minute walk away and there were a lot of very good restaurants to choose from in all price ranges.
All in all an excellent choice and we'll certainly try and get there again.
- Also Known As:
- Galena Mas Comangau Begur
- Hotel Restaurant Galena Mas Comangau Begur, Spain - Costa Brava
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the village of Begur in the heart of Costa Brava is Galena Mas Comangau Hotel-Restaurant.. A converted catalan Farmhouse dating from the 18th Century.Our Hotel located in a peaceful area of Begur, five minutes walking from the city center, and very close to the best beaches and golf courses in Costa Brava ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Tingo and Venere so you can book your Hotel Restaurant Galena Mas Comangau reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.