We booked the Sa Rascassa after seeing it in Alistair Sawdays Great Places to Stay.......unfortunately it turned out not to be. Their website had indicated that the rooms were air conditioned when they weren't. I must stress here that it was not the Sa Rascassa's website that had indicated this.This then created a knock on effect, whereby in mid July it was essential to open the windows at night to let cool air in. The windows opened over the restaurant from which some noise came, but far worse came from the dive school next door, particularly when they had a night dive followed by a party that went on until 2AM. Now beside the Sa Rascassa is a boat ramp which people on weekends start to use from about 5AM onwards, so sleep was not terribly relaxing. After 2 nights here we simply had to move elsewhere in order to get some sleep. Now as a hostal we weren't expecting a parador, but we did expect a peaceful sleep.This was unfortunate as Oscar ,as other reviewers have written, is a fantastic guy and his staff are superb as is the food in the restaurant. It was really tough to tell him that we wanted to leave and we did explain that it wasn't his website that had given us the misleading information about the aircon. If you are into diving then this place would be ideal and I would certainly reccommend visiting for a meal if you are in the area, but for a family, it just didn't do it for us. Another issue, which Oscar readilly accepts, is parking. On busy July weekends, it is sometimetimes difficult to get parking nearby as you have to share with everyone else trying to get to the water. This was to be the final port of call on a 2 week trip that also included Grupotel Gravina, Barcelona; Rural Hotel Uson, Hecho Valley Aragon; Can Cuadros Palouet Catalunya & Bliss Hotel Begur, Costa Brava..all of which I have also reviewed
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just five twin rooms: with bathroom, heating and TV; and no telephone! mediterranean cuisine restaurant. Under the pine trees, by the sea shore, at Cala d'Aiguafreda. No bars or discos within 2,5 miles; and plenty just at 3. Cosy atmosphere. Open from March to October. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline so you can book your Hostal Sa Rascassa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hostal Sa Rascassa Hotel Begur
- Hostal Sa Rascassa Begur, Spain - Costa Brava