It is not often that I start a review with comments about the bed so this is a first for me !
The Bed was wide and inviting and as the Superior Room was excellent in many respects, we did not pay too much attention to the Bed. It was only when we awoke the next morning that we realised that we both had aching backs and were stiff from the bed. On investigation, the double bed is made up of two complicated single tubular steel frameworks , somehow bolted together to form a base. A sheet of wood is then fixed to the base frame and a thin hard mattress is placed on top of that. For a property of this standard, it was a big problem for me.
The entrance to property is via a' Private' Barrier which allows access to main car Parking area of the Hotel. The initial sighting of the Hotel is not good as it looks like a huge white cube with a few windows. It is indeed an unusual looking Parador, but once you enter the Building it is not quite as bad as you first imagined it could be. The reception Staff were friendly and helpful, but in common with all of the understaffed Paradors that we recently visited, it is' DIY' luggage to reception then to your room.
We chose an upgraded room which was like a mini suite and included a Gym area with exercise bike and a circular Spa bath, I would add that the polished marble floor tiles are extremely slippery when exiting the bath or shower. The room had all of the expected facilities and fast free WiFi..
Over all, the Hotel is well managed with good food and facilities. The outside pool is clean and well positioned but since the property is stuck right on top of a Peninsular, it can be somewhat windy around the pool and the majority of guests using the Pool when we were there in June were wrapped up with towels.
The Restaurant was large but arranged in a manner that did not make it feel to vast. There are good sea views from most tabled in the restaurant. Breakfast is relatively expensive at €18.00 per person , but the choice of food and local specialities makes it seem worthwhile.
A good Hotel, with good views,but shame about the hard beds.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Parador overlooking the sea surrounded by pine trees, on the "Punta d'es Munts" allows traveller to enjoy the sea and nature by peaceful walks in cliff-hangings gardens and wonderful views over hidden coves. The living rooms are a haven of peace, and the bedrooms present us with marvellous panoramic views over the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Despegar.com, Odigeo, Venere and Otel so you can book your Parador de Aiguablava reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parador De Aiguablava Begur, Spain - Costa Brava
- Parador De Aiguablava Hotel Begur