Aigua Blava means blue water in the local dialect, and it certainly is! Set on a cliff overlooking the sea, it provides stunning views of the surrounding coast. Aside form Capo Rosso, this hotel has the best views of just about any I've had the pleasure of visiting. Stay here for the view if for no other reason.
Sitting high up on the hill, it does not have walk-out access to the beach, but you can hoof it a short walk down the hill to a nice protected cove that won't disappoint. One slight downside to the location is that you are not in the center of town, so if you're looking for shopping opportunities or nightlife, you'll have to get in the car.
Like most paradors, they provide good rooms, and good service at a reasonable price. This hotel could use a slight re-fresh as it is starting to show its age around the edges, but not excessively so.
Bar service was a bit on the slow side but not annoyingly so and the staff was always gracious and helpful. Dinner was solid if not exceptional. Good choice of local specialties and well prepared. Definitely up to parador standards, which are not low.
Would definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Parador overlooking the sea surrounded by pine trees, on the "Punta d'es Munts" allows traveller to enjoy the sea and nature by peaceful walks in cliff-hangings gardens and wonderful views over hidden coves. The living rooms are a haven of peace, and the bedrooms present us with marvellous panoramic views over the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Escapio so you can book your Parador de Aiguablava reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parador De Aiguablava Begur, Spain - Costa Brava
- Parador De Aiguablava Hotel Begur