“Same old same old - but in a good way!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish, Tapas, Bistro
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Nairn, United Kingdom
“Same old same old - but in a good way!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

I confess to having some difficulty in making yet another analysis of a venue I have previewed on two previous occasions - but fail to see how how I can simply ignore the qualities of L'Arc Vell! The staff (as ever) are charming, friendly and attentive. The warmth of the welcome to returning clients is enjoyable and appreciated. The venue might best be described as expertly renovated rustic! The menu (though relatively simple in descriptive terms) is varied and well priced. The food is beautifully, though simply, presented - and the subtlety of the flavours a delight. I am sure that my support and admiration for this venue must be boring to some - but my views are sincere and my wife and I WILL return to this venue for as long as their standards are maintained and for as long as we are able! I don't think I can say anything more supportive!

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

93% Recommend
Naples, Florida
“Lovely internal courtyard surrounding a large tree”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

We didn't realise this restaurant had such a lovely area inside. The food was freshly prepared and flavoursome. My simple grilled vegetable starter was huge with a lovely spicy tomato sauce on the side. The prices are reasonable both for food and wine. The staff were pleasant, you can tell it is a family run venue. We will definitely visit again.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Nairn, United Kingdom
“Consistently good!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

I have submitted previous reviews of the L'Arc Vell, and having visited the premises no less than three times in a recent visit to Northern Spain, I can only commend it further! The ambience, staff welcome and level of service is superb. The warmth of welcome of the proprietor and his staff is a joy and the quality of the food (though rustic and relatively basic) is enjoyable and reassuring! A wonderful menu and establishment which I can't recommend enough!

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London, United Kingdom
“Good food in great location.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Although spoilt for choice in Peratallada, L'Arc Vell did not disappoint. Even on a grey rainy day the main dinning room was full of light. Both me and my partner went for the grilled fish kebbab with a side of grilled veggies, which was really delicious, especially combined with a glass of crisp local white wine. The baked octopus that followed wasn't really what we expected and wasn't much to our taste but feel that's more down to a mix of spices which we weren't used to rather than down to quality. My mother had the sardines and those were exquisite. All and all I strongly recommend L'Arc Vell for any passing through the charming village of Peratallada.

Visited May 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Great Catalan food in a beautiful town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

We arrived in Peratallada during a fiesta which brought added colour and character to this beautiful small town. We ate dinner in the attractive courtyard of this traditional restaurant, the food was lovely and great value, the service was also great. If you are ever tempted to explore off the beaten track - do so, it's well worth it.

• Visited October 2012