“It was just ok” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 hotels in Concord
Lawton, Michigan
“It was just ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Stayed here for a night on the way home from our New England trip, we were booked for two nights but went home early and the women at the front desk wouldn't work with us to give us some money off the bill and was kind of rude not very friendly customer service. When we first got to the hotel the cleaning people were still cleaning in the halls so I asked for extra coffee for the room and she looked at me like I was from outer space or something. I finally got some but was afraid to ask for more creamer so I went to the Walgreens down the street. The beds were comfortable and room was clean the main complaint I had and was surprised to see that there was not a small refrigerator in the room. I didn't have anywhere to put my water or leftovers from Papa Razzi which has excellent food right next door.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
BetseeS, General Manager at BEST WESTERN at Historic Concord, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Dear SusieK52

Thank you for sharing your experiences with us regarding your recent stay. I am sorry to hear you were disappointed that we were not able to negotiate a lower rate for you, as the fall is peak season in our area .Also I apologize that we were not aware of your needs at our reception desk so that we could supply you with extra coffee, as we would gladly do so. Again thank you for your feedback.

269 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
hot springs village
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Nice quiet location west of Concord. Close to the Lexington-Concord sites. Nice beds and clean rooms. There is no elevator so we asked for and were given a downstairs room. It was a long walk to the office and breakfast room, however, as the hotel is a U-shape and no shortcuts. Staff was pleasant and a there was a nice restaurant next door.

Room Tip: Be sure and ask for a downstairs room, no elevator
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Marcia U

The title of your review made me smile.......I guess that sums it up! We will be celebrating our 50th year shortly, but the staff works so hard to keep every detail in tiptop condition, and our rooms are continually being renovated. We are proud of the recognition and awards we have received, and we thank you for your review.
Augsburg, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

We stayed there the last night of our New England trip before we had to go home from Boston. We absolutely enjoyed the stay. The staff was friendly, the room were clean and offered enough space. Breakfast was good and the hotel is located only five minutes by car to Concord and the tourist attractions there. The hotel is directly on the main highway but if you get a room on the other side you do not recognize it. All in all the hotel is the not the newest anymore but we had a pretty good stay and can absolutely recommend it.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Girard
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

We checked in for one night to visit Concord and Lexington. Seeing there was more to see than we thought, booked another night. After talking with the excellent front desk staff, we decided to stay 2 more nights and take the subway into Boston. The outside is a little dated but the rooms were very clean and updated. The breakfast is very good and easily a $10 per person value.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Mona R

Thank you for your very complimentary review. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed yourselves so much that you extended your stay with us. And as you noted while the property is almost 50 years old, we are continually renovating and updating our rooms. Thanks for the compliments on our breakfast buffet, most of our guests say its among the most extensive they've had. We hope to see you again!
Rochester, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Hotel staff very accommodating. They were knowledgeable and responsive to my needs. The hotel had a clean appearance. Breakfast had many options. Price was affordable. Would definitely go back when on business in the Concord area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Lawton, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

I stayed here for one night and was not impressed. For being a Plus I thought it was old and like the other reviewer said a bit smelly. In addition, I was sitting in my room and could smell cigarette smoke coming from either the balcony or another room. The beds were not that great either. I am giving it an average because it’s not like I was expecting a 5 star hotel either – but they could clean it up a bit.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Barnstable, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

My husband and I had booked this hotel for a visit to historic Concord. The first negative was the older women at the front desk. She pulled my arm across the desk and showed my bracelet to her 2 helpers, lifting and moving it about explaining that she can make one like this. This was a very uncomfortable first impression.

After this unwelcomed move, we were given a key to a dark dingy smelly room. Yes smelly. We then turned around with our luggage and checked out.

Their was no reason for the room to smell bad and when I went to the desk to complain they did not seem interested or concerned. We drove back out toward the highway (5-10 minutes away) where we found lots of wonderful clean fresh smelling hotels.

I don't like writing a bad review but I also don't like bad smelling hotel rooms! I guess they are more interested in creating jewelry than creating a good hotel visit!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
BetseeS, General Manager at BEST WESTERN at Historic Concord, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Dear Wintermoth

I was shocked and dismayed to read your comments, and truly sorry you had this experience at our hotel, where we take great pride in providing exceptional customer service to all our guests.
Please be assured I will be researching this immediately, as it seems so very out of character for our staff.
My deepest apologies.

Been to BEST WESTERN at Historic Concord? Share your experiences!