“Disappointing....” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Rutland, Vermont
“Disappointing....”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Haven't been here in a year or so - and now I remember why. The food is reasonably good. Flavorful, decent variety nicely presented, but we won't go back. We relived all the previous negative reviews about the service and wait staff. Inattentive and borderline rude - not to mention our dinners arrived 45 minutes after salad plates were cleared. We had to go hunt down the waitress to ask about our food (a quick stop by the table, "I'm so sorry your dinners are running so slow....can I get anyone anything more to drink? Here are some bread sticks..." would have gone a LONG WAY). It's too bad - we have so few decent restaurants around - people must be desperate for them to stay in business.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

29% Recommend
Boston
“Still Terrible After All These Years”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

I really have a hard time understanding how this place stays in business. I guess it's because there are few choices in town. We ordered some salads and two pastas dishes. The salads were skimpy and the pasta was terrible. The staff were very unfriendly. It's time for a change.

• Visited April 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Greene, RI
“Excellent Food at Reasonable Prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

After reading some of the reviews, we were a little worried about eating here, especially since it was out anniversary. But we decided to try it anyway, and were pleasantly surprised! We were seated promptly and the waitress came to our table almost immediately. We had the bruscheta as an appetizer which was wonderful! My wife had the Chicken Parmigiana and I had the Sausage al Forno. Both were delicious! The wait staff was wonderful, the food was delicious ... I can't really think of a negative thing to say.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Maynard, Massachusetts
“Disappointed too many times....”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

I really want to love this place, because it's nearby (we live in Maynard) and because what could be better than Italian. Unfortunately we have been consistently disappointed by the meals there. I am rating 2 stars for the friendly waitstaff and nice bar area, but beyond that I can't recommend because the quality of food is just so uneven. We were there this past weekend. I asked for an alfredo sauce for my child instead of red sauce. The kitchen produced an inedible lumpy ricotta mix that was like glue in your mouth. Since my child didn't eat it, the bartender took it off the tab without being asked, which was thoughtful; as I said, the waitstaff are nice. My asparagus appetizer was a row of grilled asparagus drowning in a sea of oil. I ate it, because I was hungry, but oh, the oil. My husband's bruschetta on the other hand was good. But my flatbread pizza, well, the dough tasted like it had been scraped off the floor. It was dense, hard, and tasteless. I ate about 6 bites before giving up and resigning myself to staying hungry. Several months ago, the flatbread pizza arrived actually soggy, dripping with oil, so the pendulum has swung I guess. My husband didn't have any complaints about his ravioli with bolognese sauce, so that's something.
I am really sorry to have to put up such a negative review but it is shameful to be serving up such poorly prepared food.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Concord, Massachusetts
“Great Local Bar & Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

This is our favorite local restaurant. The food is great and they accommodate picky requests. The bar is a great atmosphere and the staff is very attentive and friendly. They also offer take out which is convenient, especially for locals. We have brought friends here and they have all enjoyed it and asked to go back.

• Visited April 2013