“Great place to dine” 4 of 5 stars

Merchants Row
48 Monument Sq, Concord, MA
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Merchants Row is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 47 Restaurants in Concord
Cuisines: American
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Monument Street and Lowell Road
Nashua, New Hampshire
“Great place to dine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

I recently took a first date here and am very glad that I did, because the experience was wonderful overall. I had the seared salmon, that was cooked perfectly, with just the right hint of moisture to it. My date thoroughly enjoyed the mussel soup she had. While the meals are a little pricey, the restaurant doesn't skimp on the portion size, so I found the meals to be a very good value.

Merchant's has a very nicely varied wine list, with many affordable selections across reds and whites, as well as high-end ones. Our waiter was very good, very attentive without being annoying, and offering good insights into the menu. The dinner was topped off with a delicious flourless chocolate cake that was almost like a mousse.

About the only detraction that I would mention is that the restaurant is a bit loud when full, but this was outweighed by the wonderful experience.

• Visited May 2014

Boston, Massachusetts
“Very good food, but spotty service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

The restaurant, located in the Colonial Inn, has a pleasant atmosphere. Although the place was not crowded, service was slow at times and our waitress disappeared for extended periods. Fortunately, the food was very good. We ordered a scallop and shrimp dish, and a hangar steak special. Both were well prepared and tasty. Entree prices are mostly in the mid to high 20s, and the portions are adequate. There is a decent selection of wines by the glass but prices are a dollar or two on the high side. Overall, a nice night out but we won't be in a hurry to return.

• Visited March 2014
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

The food was great. The service in the restaurant was top notch, I would highly recommend dinning there.

The only issue I had was when I was walking out through the lobby. There were 2 people having a argument more like a shouting match behind the desk. The women was rude, unprofessional, demeaning and outright nasty. The man was trying to calm her down and she was being disrespectful. It make me very uncomfortable. I told my corporate office about this and they told me they have stopped doing business with the Inn part because of the Rudeness of the manager at the front desk. I can see why. If you go, enter through the back door so you do not have the experience this.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Brentwood, New Hampshire
“Approaches Haute Cuisine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

The main restaurant at Concord's Colonial Inn makes a good effort at fancy dining. We were there for Valentine's Day dinner which may account for the rather slow service time; two courses and dessert took over 90 minutes. The special menu for the occasion was somewhat limited and they were not able to make modifications to accommodate certain food dietary restrictions. The price is on the high side ($30 entrees) and the portions were small. The salmon was bland and somewhat over cooked. The steak was perfect however. The appetizer of a grilled scallop and shrimp over mashed potato was tasty but tiny. The flour-less chocolate torte and cheese cake were excellent. Our waitress was a hoot! We ate in one of the smaller rooms off the main dining room which I thought might be more romantic but was stuffy. Also, the floor in our corner was so un-level that a full glass would have spilled an inch of its contents if placed on the table. We had breakfast in the mail dining room which was spacious and more formally appointed. The breakfast menu had plenty of options and the food was excellent and more reasonably priced.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bountiful
“Great food, great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

I ate here for breakfast and dinner several times during my visit to Concord (I stayed at the Colonial Inn). The menu is diverse, the options unique and the portions are modest.

• Visited January 2014