“Waitress needs a lesson in how to take an order correctly 1 st pick up a pad and WRITE it down” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Michael's Restaurant

Improve this listing
Ranked #35 of 45 Restaurants in Concord
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Bar scene
Description: Serving fine food & drink in a relaxing atmosphere. All of our food is prepared to order & is as fresh as possible. TV's in the bar so you can catch a game & relax with friends. We offer dine-in, takeout and catering.
Huntingdon, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

We dropped in here for a late bite of lunch, we settled on filled jackets mine chilli with sour cream and Roger cheese and bacon but have sour cream quite separate, as he doesn't like. A long conversation ensued re the pro's and cons.
The two plates arrived, Roger's plate swimming in sour cream....it was returned to the kitchen and I started to eat mine...it was a strange taste, gritty not smooth and spicy with chilli. Wrong meal.
The waitress returned to the table and gave Roger his dinner it was chilli.
By now we were both fed up and elected to leave to which the waitress was very rude. What was called for was an apology but we'ed wait in vain.
The jacket with bacon and cheese was revolting, the 'bacon' just crumbs so I guess she did us a favour at least we didn't have to pay for second rate food.
I suppose they go together second rate staff and food, hope you're both very happy together.
By the way in England staff greet you and don't carry on a conversation with a customer at the bar.

• Visited October 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Hanover, Massachusetts
“Don't bother !”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

Went with my wife after dropping off our son at college. Hostess ignored us when we entered. Gave us two dinner rolls ( wow ). The pork stew as room temp , no flavor . The salad was tiny. My wife had salmon , which was the tail cut and dry. I had NY sirloin . Overcooked , under sized , and so so flavor. They mixed up our veggie orders. Place is clean , quaint and has potential. However we will not go back .

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Henderson, Nevada
“One more chance”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

Yureka. I had a dish with angel hair pasta artichoke hearts and chicken which was delicious and plentiful.My husband liked his seafood mix with linguine. The service was excellent. Sooo we returned with our grandson who had a lobster sandwich and I had salmon. My husband reordered the same seafood combo. The service was fine. The place has easy parking. The place does get chilly. The noise from the bar in another room can be a bit much. I'll keep you posted.

Visited June 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“I used to love this restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

We used to eat her constantly - good drinks, kid-friendly food, big portions, friendly service. We were there about 6 months ago, and the whole family was underwhelmed with the food, and the portions were smaller. The restaurant is smaller since they redid it, as they took some space to enlarge the bar. The bar has several big flat screen TVs but, happily, the restaurant area has not. We revisited last week, the decor is different, but plainer. It seemed loud (on a Sat night at 6:30 it was just us and a family with several happy toddlers). Looking for some comfort food, we had pretty good (not North End good, but for a 3 mile drive down the road good) lasagna and portabella mushroom and cheese quesadillas. The salad was as average as always. The new waitress was very nice and friendly. I ordered a glass of $7 Malbec, which was very good, and big, I couldn't finish it. That was a surprise.

• Visited December 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Henderson, Nevada
“Two different experiences”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

My husband and i on our first visit had a terrific server who gave us much attention and the portions were generous. I ordered a halibut which I really enjoyed. The side salad could have been a meal in itself. But the second time, the place was freezing, the waiter was the bartender and we rarely saw her as the bar was busy and the restaurant was not. The food was not memorable either, Can't even recall what we ordered so we were disappointed that the place did not measure up to the first visit.

• Visited November 2012