“Good Food, Not So Good Service” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 45 Restaurants in Concord
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Fort Myers, Florida
“Good Food, Not So Good Service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

I wandered in here looking for a reasonably priced late lunch while sightseeing. It was bustling, but not packed, and seemed to be a nice place for a casual dinner or drink with friends.

I wasn't really looking for a meal as much as something to tide me over to dinner. I didn't find exactly what I was looking for in the salads, and chose the butternut squash chili, which was good and surprisingly hearty. I hadn't wanted to spend $8 on a bowl of chili, but it was a decent portion.

The service, though, was definitely lacking. The waitress asked for my order as soon as I sat down, without providing a menu. I waited quite a while before she came back to take my order. The food arrived quickly, but I had to wait 15 minutes after finishing to get the bill. The waitress never came back to run my credit card, so after making eye contact with her several times with no response, I scrounged up enough cash to be able to pay the bill; unfortunately, there wasn't much left to tip.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Nimes, France
“Memorable for (nearly) all the right reasons”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

We visited Concord in the spring to see various graves (particularly Hawthorne's). The place had huge charm, and of all the charming things we found there, the Main Street Café was the best.

We ate really well: a burger to share, and a lovely salad with oranges, cranberries, walnuts and blue cheese (I now make it at home, and if anyone asks, I tell them where I got the recipe). Later on we went back for an absolutely huge piece of carrot cake, and lemonade, which may have been home-made (definitely not your usual commercial stuff).

The staff were wonderful: we had a very surprising conversation with a waiter who knew all about France and Germany. We were very impressed by his knowledge. All in all, a very atmospheric place. We'd go back of we could... but it's an awfully long way from home.

Unlike the previous French poster, we didn't find the prices particularly high.

The only thing I didn't like was the "restroom" but that was the case in the whole of MA.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Philadelphia
“Great atmosphere, good eclectic food, and they serve all 3 meals”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

On a recent trip to Concord we ended up having a breakfast, a lunch, and a dinner at this cozy restaurant. The menu is intriguing and quite varied, and the food was mostly very good. The beet salad and the fish tacos were standouts. Clam chowder was good if a bit too thick with cream. (This is a matter of taste of course.) Although it's impressive that they seem to be open all the time, breakfast was probably the weakest meal. Still, we would definitely return to this place for a tasty lunch or dinner. We loved the energetic but casual atmosphere, the food was solid, and the service was fine.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Westminster, Maryland
“Very Good Food in Very Relaxed Setting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

The tavern-like atmosphere offers surprising variety and great meals. The central location makes it popular and with the busy carry out counter, can be crowded and a bit noisy. Food and service were +++ and I would go there again (preferably when there were fewer tourists!)

Visited October 2013
San Carlos, CA
“Delicious sandwiches”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

This place has delicious sandwiches with very fresh ingredients. There are lots of yummy choices, and also good desserts.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere