I stayed at Far View during my second trip to Mesa Verde this past August. During my first trip to Mesa Verde, I chose to stay at a low budget motel in Cortez and the drive from the motel to the ruins took a solid hour and a half each way. Far View's location is unbeatable; you're within 30 minutes of any destination within the park. The room I stayed in didn't have a television, a/c unit, or cell phone reception, but there was an excellent wifi connection. The beds, decor, and appliances were a bit outdated for the price of the room, but I was still comfortable. While I didn't dine in the lodge restaurant, I did stop by the upstairs lounge for a few drinks and appetizers. The service was excellent, food and drinks were great, and the bar tender was very social. I would highly recommend it to anyone spending the night in the park.
- Also Known As:
- Far View Hotel
- Far View Hotel Mesa Verde National Park
- Mesa Verde Far View Lodge
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only lodging within the Park, it is open April through October. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Venere, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Far View Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.