“Fritura” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Granada, Spain
“Fritura”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

la mejor fritura en andalucia!! As with all fish restaurants the meat dishes aren't the main attraction so go for the excellent fish. The menu del dia is amazing value.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Halifax, United Kingdom
“Somewhat overated”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

The closest chiringuito to my regular resting place on the beach !The staff are friendly and polite and usually attentive, tapas and sardines are good and the food can be excellent at times.In summer however it's popularity and the frenetic pace at busy times can lead to disappointment. For a restaurant of this size with lots of family groups two loos are not enough.

• Visited August 2013
UK
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

We came here after looking on trip advisor, but oh was this not we hoped for.

The location is lovely, looking out on the beach. Waiters are fine and it was clean, but........

The food.

Starters were very good. Had octopus, which was delightful. However, the main course was a different story. Our teenage son had veal, which was tough and tasteless. We sadly went for a traditional paella. Big mistake. It turned up looking OK, but it was luke warm, but worse still the crab legs and langoustines in it were cooked but cold! We love paella but this was awful.

I really don't see why this restaurant gets such great reviews. In our experience, it does not deserve it.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Ipswich
“Probably wouldn't go again”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

My wife and I came here after seeing the high scores on TA. This being my 6th visit to Salobrena I hadn't tried Casa Emilio before so we went in one night during our holiday.

We sat out on the deck area on the beach and its a very nice setting. We felt the service wasn't great. We seemed to be forgotten about and people that came in after us were offered drink refills and desert menus whereas we kept having to call the waiter over which was odd. The food was just OK but not amazing.

Madrid, Spain
“Nice, but nothing special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I came to this restaurant following the reviews from TA but my expectations were not met as I was expecting something more charming and typical.
The location is nice as the structure is a nice veranda literally on the beach, but nor the service nor the food were able to impress us. I would rather say that it’s just an OK restaurant to have a dinner with no frills in a nice atmosphere, and for a good price. However, I would surely try out something different next time I am in Salobreña.