“As someone else said, 'I will be back' yet again!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Caballo Blanco Trekking Centre

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lanjaron
Caballo Blanco Trekking Centre
You added Caballo Blanco Trekking Centre to your Saves list
Cortijo La Chaparra, Aptdo - 17, | Lista De Correos, Lanjaron, Spain   |
Orgiva
“As someone else said, 'I will be back' yet again!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2009

I have just got back from a long weekend up with Sarah and her horses. I original came 10 years ago, when I still lived in England. The 1st time I came with my partner who was mountain biking, but I prefer horses. I have been coming back more or less every year since. I moved over to the area after a few years I loved it so much. But still I go up to Caballo Blanco for odd weekends here and there when I need to de-stress and get my fix of the horses.

In my opinion she has always given value for money, and each year there are subtle changes and improvements. The horses are totally wonderful, I am not a great rider, but there is something for everyone, and you dont feel guilty getting on them because they are well cared for. The routes are anything you want, always interesting, with fantastic scenery with the mountains always as your view, although you are already riding in them. If you are a nervous rider, tell Sarah prior to arrival, tell her what your problem is, and she will cure it. You can pay a little extra for lessons in between your rides, if you want them and have the energy.

I have stayed in various places over the years, all local to the trekking centre, all different, and well equipped for self catering. This is the Alpujarras, a rustic region, quite high up in the mountains, and it has always amazed me how Sarah and Ali organise everything.

In a nutshell Caballo Blanco cannot be beaten on anything, horses, routes, accomodation. Incredible.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
southampton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2009

I have visited Caballo Blanco twice now and i absolutley love it there. The horses are some of the most well behaved and beautiful i have ever come across. the riding experience is fantastic, riding into the wilderness, taking in the magical scenery is just amazing. i am so glad that i have taken these oppurtunities to go there as there has been some of the best times of my riding life!

the first time i visited caballo blanco i came for a weeks trek, which was fantastic. i travelled all round the alpujarra mountains, to the mountain villages and stayed in the most beautiful mountain 'cortijos!'. All my needs where met and i was constantly taken care of. I felt very safe on my horse, Akiko, as i am a nervous rider, it gave me a whole new level of confidence and trust in horses.

my secound visit i stayed as a working holiday, which was another fantastic experience. i was made to feel welcome with everyone who was there. it is lovely to spend all your time with people who share the love of horses. I worked and rode, with 2 days off a week. I even got to ride on a 2 day trek, even though i was meant to be working!

all i can say is thank you to sarah, ali, jane, the horses!, and everyone who was there during my stays as you have made it truely memorable. i would reccomend caballo blanco to everyone, and sarah expect me back soon!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo
Northampton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2009

My two boys 13 and 11 and I had three great treks out in the lovely mountain country. A friend had recommended Caballo Blanco saying that it was off the beaten track and she was right. The facilities are very simple but the welcome and location really made up for the rustic surroundings. Sarah arranged accommodation for us down in the valley which was wonderful, the lovely self catering cottage with swimming pool was very welcome after a day in the saddle! My youngest son hadn't been riding long but his good natured pony looked after him well. We would definately come back again.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled solo
england
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2009

My daughter and I have just spent a week riding in the mountains with Sarah and Jane. I must express the sheer delight we experienced every day as we rode different trails on some of the best horses we have ever ridden. Everyone was so friendly and helpful and made sure we were paired with the most suitable horses. We saw breathtaking scenery and stunning wildlife. The horses are very well looked after and Sarah and her team clearly take pride in their work. The new toilet block is first class!!! We stayed in Casa del Viento with Ann and her wwoofers . This is such a relaxing experience as we were looked after with great care and attention along with wonderful food. Thanks

• Stayed October 2009
thwm
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2009

I spent a two weeks doing a working holiday at this lovely ranch in the aplujarra mountains in spain. It is first of all very beautiful, you sit up looking down over a valley with a lake and a few small towns. The riding itself is just as beautiful, and very varied as long as you have enough time to ride up to a decent place. I stayed in a caravan that they have on the site which is cosy. The horses are all nice and what you'd expect and sarah and her family are just lovely. I would definitely recommend visiting here, nice view, nice place, nice people and a good experience

Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
Bristol
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2009

I would like to say that I had the most amazing 2 weeks of my life at Caballo Blanco, the horses and animals were lovely and well cared for, accommodation is basic but contrary to another reviewer, i can categorically say that the IS a toilet block at the centre. In addition to this, if you are booking a trekking holiday surely you don't expect to have 'toilet facilities' when camping in a forest on the side of a mountain?! I can wholeheartly recommend Caballo Blanco to anyone who is a horse lover and guarantee a fantastic experience to which I didnt want to return home to England afterwards. I booked my 2nd visit within a week of coming home.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
maidstone
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2009

This is a really beautiful place to stay up in the mountains. I only spent a week here, but already felt at home with the really friendly owners and their kids. I'd hardly ridden before, so it was great to be able to go out on a few different horses, and get a lesson from sarah. The work is fun and varied, i came back to england feeling very healthy, tanned and a bit slimmer! Highly recommended to anyone who wants to ride or just spend some time in the outdoors.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo

Been to Caballo Blanco Trekking Centre? Share your experiences!