“Horse trekking” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Caballo Blanco Trekking Centre

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lanjaron
Caballo Blanco Trekking Centre
Cortijo La Chaparra, Aptdo - 17, | Lista De Correos, Lanjaron, Spain   |
thwm
“Horse trekking”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2009

I spent a two weeks doing a working holiday at this lovely ranch in the aplujarra mountains in spain. It is first of all very beautiful, you sit up looking down over a valley with a lake and a few small towns. The riding itself is just as beautiful, and very varied as long as you have enough time to ride up to a decent place. I stayed in a caravan that they have on the site which is cosy. The horses are all nice and what you'd expect and sarah and her family are just lovely. I would definitely recommend visiting here, nice view, nice place, nice people and a good experience

Stayed September 2009, traveled solo

37 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Bristol
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2009

I would like to say that I had the most amazing 2 weeks of my life at Caballo Blanco, the horses and animals were lovely and well cared for, accommodation is basic but contrary to another reviewer, i can categorically say that the IS a toilet block at the centre. In addition to this, if you are booking a trekking holiday surely you don't expect to have 'toilet facilities' when camping in a forest on the side of a mountain?! I can wholeheartly recommend Caballo Blanco to anyone who is a horse lover and guarantee a fantastic experience to which I didnt want to return home to England afterwards. I booked my 2nd visit within a week of coming home.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
maidstone
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2009

This is a really beautiful place to stay up in the mountains. I only spent a week here, but already felt at home with the really friendly owners and their kids. I'd hardly ridden before, so it was great to be able to go out on a few different horses, and get a lesson from sarah. The work is fun and varied, i came back to england feeling very healthy, tanned and a bit slimmer! Highly recommended to anyone who wants to ride or just spend some time in the outdoors.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2009

Riding for 7 days on the Alpujarra Trail up to 2,300 metres has been one of the best highs we've ever had. & we've travelled world-wide. The horses are beautiful, sensitive to the rider and willing. The Centre is capably managed by Sarah Veresy extremely experienced horsewoman and wonderful guide. All food and accommofdation was seamlessly provided. We stayed in whitewashed 'cassitas' , one with swimming pool, all with hot showers, kitchens, soft beds, wood heaters and excellent cuisine, much local & organic, topped off with tres quaffable vino tinto! From the minute we were collected from Grandada airport till we delivered back to our hotel, we were happy. The blues set in when we had to turn homeward! By the way, the new throne (toilet) is 5 star. We will be back!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Nottingham
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2009

When you visit the Caballo Blanco Trekking Centre you go there to enjoy the nature, horses, dogs, cats and lovely people. I agree the location is remote and basic, but that makes the holiday experience even more charming! Its nice to be away from the hectic life most people live at home and to realise you don’t need many luxuries to enjoy your holiday! Anyway......most importantly the horse riding is amazing and the horses are extremely fit (unbelievable how steep they can go up and down the mountain!). The surroundings are fantastic and the staff is lovely and makes you feel very welcome!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
sitting room
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2009

We went for a weeks ride with Sarah at Caballo Blanco and what a week.

It’s an overused cliché but that part of Spain is breathtaking and I cant imagine a better way to see it and breathe it in than on horseback.

Sarah arranged our accommodation with Anne at Casa del Viento and it was lovely. A perfect place to lay a weary, but happy head. And Anne can really cook!!

As an ex-trail guide myself I had very high expectations and they were surpassed by Sarah. She has an understanding with her much-loved horses that is rare and refreshing. It’s a real treat for a seasoned rider to be able to enjoy Sarah’s beautifully schooled horses and as such I was a little nervous in case it was less fun for my non-rider husband. Not so, Sarah exudes confidence to learner riders as do her well-behaved horses. As a result my non-rider husband is a convert (and a bit of a cowboy!). Well done Sarah!

Sarah is obviously an imposter because horse-women of her calibre aren’t supposed to be that friendly and socialised!!

We’ve been back several times and will continue to do so to enjoy the beautiful mountains on her responsive, surefooted and trustworthy horses.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
nijmegen
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2009

i had a great experience at Caballo Blanco trekking centre. The horses are in great condition and there is a horse to suit every riders needs. the view from the mountain is great. it is a basic accomodation but if you prefer horses it will be no problem. the owner, Sarah, is really nice she tries to help you as good as possible. she works very hard to make sure that guests are having a good time i think that is more important than the toilet or the accomodation, . i am a volunteer at the ranch and i really like to be there.

• Stayed August 2009

Been to Caballo Blanco Trekking Centre? Share your experiences!