“my secret gem in the Alpujarra” 5 of 5 stars

Alcadima Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   C/ Francisco Tarrega, 3, 18420 Lanjaron, Spain   |
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Lanjaron
birmingham
“my secret gem in the Alpujarra”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2009

what a place to find after a 2+ hour transfer from Malaga.
The night porter escorted me to my room
Along with the advertised wine, they had plated me a lovely salad
The room was well laid out and the air conditioning modern and functioning.
I awoke in the morning to see a very beautiful and well laid out hotel and grounds with delightful courtyards and well tended flower beds; there was a complete air of calm and tranquillity about the place. The owner and his family are complete hands on and really do care about their clientele. This was proved on the Tuesday when I was out walking and twisted my ankle. In broken Spanish, I managed to call the hotel who called me back and they sent out someone to pick me up. They then continued to check I was ok on my return and when in the evening my ankle had swollen quite badly, rallied around for anti inflammatory to ease my suffering. The next morning they even took me up to the doctors and stayed with me and helped in the translation. In effect they really did take care of me. It was then a pleasant surprise to find a bottle of Cava in the room on my last evening, a gesture I think from them as I had been ‘hotel bound’ for the whole of my stay.
Let me please just mention the food. It was stunning. From the well presented and varied buffet breakfast to the presentation and flavour of the lunch/evening meals and the well trained staff, I could not have wished for better from a 5 star hotel. This hotel is a complete gem.

I will not hesitate to stay here again and will recommend the Alcadema to anyone who will listen

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank Dottypoet

leeds
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2009

Lanjaron - Hotel Alcadima 1/6/2009
HOTEL- Fantastic oldy worldy comfy gem overlooking the Sierra Nevada Mountains, incredible views, beautiful flowery courtyards surrounding great outdoor pool [has indoor pool but did not use ] bring own towels for sunbeds or buy one at reception for 5 Eu.
Library, reading room, internet, tennis court, childrens pool & play area slide etc, soft sunbeds/deckchairs/umbrellas.
ROOM - Cupboards & drawer space plentiful, hairdryer safe,, tea/coffee facilities, TV - BBC fuzzy picture but great for getting news from home. Comfy bed, sofa, balcony with table/chairs overlooking pool. Shower over hip bath, clean towels daily.
FOOD - Wonderful, we were half board, breakfast - cereals, fresh melon/pineapple/kiwifruit, tinned peaches,fruit cocktail. Fruit juices, lovely coffee,fresh bread rolls,pates, jams,honey, cakes etc. Scrambled egg,chipolata sausage, beans,tomatoes, mushrooms,bacon. Cheeses & ham. - Dinner - Great choices & delicious. Restaurant available for lunches & snacks.
WATER - Can boil Hotel tap water for drinks but not advisable to drink, this is a Spa town and there are many drinkable tap areas to top up water bottles around town, POTABLE sign means OK.
STAFF - Very freindly & helpful, mainly Spanish speaking but with enough English to get us by.
LOCAL AMENITIES - A main street with usual shops selling pottery, shoes, clothes etc. Check out the SPAR shop which sells everything we had forgotten to bring plus great wines etc.
Wander through the backstreets partic near the church square & view the cannon gun, take the walk through the forest to the old castle and experience the waterfalls & views, Info in folder in room or at reception. This felt like a very safe enclosed family freindly environment with cafes & restaurants aplenty for its size.
I would def rcommend it for Families, Honeymooners and all who love walking & scenery. For further info contact me, Holl.

4 Thank holgalleeds
Teesside, England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2009

We have recently returned from a walking holiday with Page & Moy based in the Alcadima hotel. The holiday was wonderful, the hotel was perfectly situated and the staff friendly, efficient and helpful. However the hotel is let down by the standard of the rooms which if they are all like ours need urgent refurbishment.

• Stayed May 2009
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
3 Thank TeessideArmstrong
London, UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2008

There are many things I like about the hotel and I'd stayed several times in the past. The views are fantastic, nice clean pool and food is good. Some rooms - the more expensive doubles - are fine, but the economic doubles are very dark and dingy. However, my main problem with the hotel is that staff are cordial and stiffly polite but quite obviously don't really want guests! There is one exception, a young woman on reception called Cathy, is very welcoming, helpful and friendly. So I wouldn't want her classified with the rest.

• Liked — Food and pool are good, location is very beautiful.
  • Disliked — Cheaper rooms are small and dark.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
      Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank WElltravelled046
Macclesfield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2008

I had booked this holiday without seeing the reviews on your website. When I did I became quite concerned that the Hotel would not be up to our expectations. I had booked through Thomsons and it had rated 100% in all of their three categories. When we arrived we had a welcome tray of a small bottle of wine and nibbles. I understand that guests who arrived in the early hours of the morning had also received welcome platters. When we looked around the hotel prior to going down to dinner we were extremely pleased. The Hotel is clean, well maintained and the setting at the rear where the pool and bar area is is attractive with small courtyards going off that you could wander around in. The hotel staff were very, very helpful bearing in mind we spoke no Spanish except for Ola and buenos dios! The Hotel and its staff certainly made our holiday and we would not hesitate to recommend it to our friends.

Stayed September 2008
1 Thank TrishMacclesfield
England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2008

I think the website gives a very fair portrayal of the place. I get the impression that many rooms have been refurbished and that, possibly, earlier reviewers did not have this advantage.
I travelled with a nine-year-old and we had a delightful, relaxing time. Our large double room comprised twin beds, new and very comfortable, a pristine new bathroom, with bath, shower over, hairdryer, etc., armchairs, fridge, tea and coffee making facilities, TV with digital channels (including BBC1 & 2) and a large balcony with stupendous views of the Sierra Nevada. Some rooms are a little smaller, overlooking just the pool. There are stairs, but there is also a lift and ramps to facilitate access to most areas. There seemed to be endless outdoor and indoor spaces, including a gym, paddle-ball court (like mini-tennis) and various entertaining areas, with free use of the Internet. The pools were clean, if a little strong on chemicals, when we were there.
The restaurant is of a good standard, one of the best places to eat in the town, if not the area, and the set dinners included three choices of starters and four of main course (two fish, two meat, usually two grilled, two with a sauce) and extensive desserts. The first two courses varied each evening. It is also possible to eat a la carte. The waitresses did, occasionally, get a little flustered or muddled, but were always happy to rectify any problems. Only one of the management team spoke much English and this is truly a regional hotel with an authentic Spanish flavour.
It is slightly set back from the main thoroughfare through the town and this gives a feeling of seclusion. The 'main road' that runs behind the hotel is neither noisy nor particularly busy.
All in all, we had a really good holiday.

Stayed August 2008
1 Thank cockneybird
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2007

Warm Place, welcoming atmosphere, beautiful surroundings, great walking, would love to stay here again sometime.

• Liked — The warm atmosphere and the friendly staff
  • Disliked — nothing , it is really lovely
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
      Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Ameli-London
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lanjaron
Hotel Balneario De Lanjaron
Mecina Fondales Hotel
Mecina Fondales Hotel
#1 of 1 in Mecina Fondales
4.5 of 5 stars 68 reviews

Been to Alcadima Hotel? Share your experiences!