“Does Not Disappoint” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Philadelphia
“Does Not Disappoint”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I make a pilgrimage to Fox Bros BBQ every time I'm in Atlanta. I get ribs and brisket, the Jalapeno cornbread and the collard greens. And a bottle or two of Sweetwater beer. My dream meal. I think about the whole time I'm on the plane and pretty much head right over once I land. Each time I dread the possibility that the food will just not be what I remember. But so far so good!

Visited November 2012

Norfolk, Virginia
“Fantastic BBQ Joint”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I was in Atlanta on business and wanted to experience BBQ in Georgia. This place is off the beaten path a few miles from downtown. The brisket was great and the pulled pork was very good also. Their in-house BBQ sauce was one of the best I've ever experienced. The only issue I witnessed that was negative was that wait staff used profanity between themselves that was heard by customers while dining. Until this issue is corrected, I would not bring my 12 year old daughter here for dinner.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Firenze
“I cannot figure out why this place is rated so highly on trip advisor”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

My pulled pork barbecue was dry and lacked flavor until it was slathered with barbecue sauce. The quarter chicken came with a white barbecue sauce that I found unpleasant. The baked beans were good. This is a very popular place, good for families. But I prefer my barbecue with sauce infused in it, and much moister. I really miss Maddy's in Decatur, which had much better barbecue and Brunswick stew. Of the barbecue places in the Atlanta area, Fat Matt's Rib Shack is my favorite.

Rocky Mount, Virginia
“Great food! Cold Outside!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

Went for to Atlanta for our anniversary. Passed by Fox Brothers BBQ on the way to lil five points. Came back the next night to eat......food was amazing!!!!! Got the Fox Brothers Burger, fried pickles and jalpenos basket, cornbread, and fries....I literally gained 5 lbs just eating there. It was good. The ONLY downside was we had to sit outside under a tent, which is not normally a big deal. It was like 45-50 degrees out, but they really need to invest in some outdoor heating lamps.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Terrific food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Wonderful pulled pork on traditional unhealthy white bread, straight from the bag (what else?). Nice big serving, the doggies at home liked the leftovers a lot.

Tater tots on the side the best I have had in years, and a big spicy Bloody Mary to DIE for!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere