“Great for food and sports” 4 of 5 stars

404-233-0313
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Hudson Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,168 of 3,466 Restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: American
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: MARTA train stop right across the street - Brookhaven stop.
Reading, United Kingdom
“Great for food and sports”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

We decided to go as it is a well known sports bars and restaurant at the Phillips Centre in Atlanta. The service, food and great and great value too, see you in October.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Atlanta, Georgia
“Terrible Experienc Overall- Keep Walking”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

We have gone to many restaurants and this was our worst restaurant experience ever. It was horrific. I would NOT recommend this restaurant ever. Atlanta has a restaurant everywhere you look. This particular one is right between Glenn’s Kitchen and McCormick & Schmicks. Save yourself a lot of time and money and bypass this one. We got to this restaurant at 5pm- no wait, they sat us right away. Then we sat there unacknowledged for 20 minutes. Finally, another waitress told us who our waiter was and that he’d be with us but she’ll grab us some waters quickly. When she brought them back we asked her if she could put a drink order in for us. She was kind to do that considering we weren’t even her table. Finally, after 45 minutes of sitting there we got 1 of our 2 drinks. The 2nd drink came another 15 minutes later. Our order wasn’t taken for at least 45 minutes of sitting there by our true waiter of which the whole night we only saw once (to take our order). We ordered an appetizer which never showed (chips and guacamole). It took almost 1 hr and 15 mins to get our dinner and when it came it was terrible. Fries and fish tacos were cold but worst part about it was they never gave us a napkin or silverware. When we went in to get it the manager told us to sit down and we ate our food without either. It was terrible. I still can’t believe that a manager would speak to a customer like this and that we would never be given silverware and napkins to eat with?? What kind of restaurant operates like this? It would be MAYBE different if they were slammed but it wasn’t. Besides that, it’s a Saturday in Atlanta- they should always be staffed and ready for a Saturday night in the city. Waiter was terrible, manager was unprofessional and disrespectful, and the food was awful! The only thing this place has going for it is a big outdoor seating area but you can find that at other places in Atlanta.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Ocoee, Florida
“Play Ball!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

A sports bar with exactly what you'd expect. About 20 t.v.'s and 20 taps of beer from all over the world. Good food, had the gyro & awesome onion rings. Was on the MARTA & wanted some lunch. Just a block from the station.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Midwest
“Two very different experiences”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

We visited this restaurant in the lunch hour one day and in the supper hour the next.

Lunch was amazing. The waitress was jovial and service was amazing. The food was beyond satisfying for a fair price. I had the cobb salad and it was huge and delicious. The chicken rice soup was the best I've ever had. The environment was laid back and they played good music at a tolerable level. We loved it so much we went back the next day,

Supper the next day was HORRID. It is a sports bar which I guess we did not get the vibe of the first day at lunch. It was SO loud in there that I could not talk to my friend. The staff was way too young and it showed. Our waitress did not do basics like keep up on drinks, napkins, etc. She visibly checked the tip as we were leaving (we left 15%) and scowled at us. The food was hardly edible and I felt sick afterword.

What a stark contrast.

Visited July 2013
Savannah, Georgia
“Sports Bar”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

My family and I ate dinner at Hudson Grille and it was ok. Here's the deal: It's a sports bar. As long as you go understanding this you will be fine. I wasn't expecting this and thus wasn't impressed. My husband ordered the ribeye and the steak was well below par. I order the beef medallions - $20 for two half-dollar sized pieces of overdone meat. Our waitress provided sport bar service. However, the others in our party ordered various burgers and they all looked yummy- burgers are what you order if you go there! Also a huge plus for me was that we could smoke as long as we sat outside. Based on being able to smoke, I will try Hudson Grille again.....next time I'll order a burger.

Visited June 2013