“Great food!” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Sear is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #546 of 3,466 Restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: Dessert, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Large groups, Doing business, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Harris Street
Transit: Marta is connected to the Hotel via the Peachtree Center stop.
Rockledge, Florida
“Great food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

this place has some really good food. I wished I could have finished it all. I had a New York strip and a side of asparagus. the steak was cooked perfectly and the asparagus was delicious! wish I had room to try dessert. I had an orange mojito to drink and it was gooood! I wanted a blueberry one, but they were out of blueberries. the only downside was the service. they were friendly, but slow. I was almost through with my meal before someone came to refill the water glass. seemed like they didn't have enough staff working that night and it was a Friday.

Visited November 2013

“The Marriott deserve better”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

I tried Sear twice. First for breakfast and then for dinner. In both cases I was disappointed.

For breakfast I took the eggs Benedict, a classic dish to check their quality. It was simply carelessly cooked. Overdone, cheap ingredients. A dish that doesn't honor their kitchen.

Then I joined a dinner of business colleagues. The clam chowder was good but not warm enough. The steak was just ok and the mash potatoes was not one of the best I had.

In short, there is a reason that the place is half empty although its inside one of the largest hotels in downtown Atlanta.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“Great steak, terrible halibut”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

We went to a large dinner party at this restaurant. We ordered halibut, but our companion ordered steak and let us try it. We should have ordered the sirloin steak because it was wonderful, perfectly cooked (seared on the outside). We should have known to order a steak at a restaurant named "Sear". The kitchen served us a beautiful, large piece of halibut and then cooked it to oblivion. No flavor and dried out. No bueno.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

Went for a light dinner and ordered corn/shrimp chowder and a salad. Found the soup too spicy and salty and the Georgia salad overdressed, i.e. too much runny blue cheese dressing. Tried one slice of Vidalia onion and it was tough. They should do better, considering the prices.

“Average experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Staying in hotel for conference. Food was okay. Service was okay. Really nothing too amazing or to try again. Staff was friending. The atmosphere is nice. Décor is tasteful. Nothing stood out as glaringly inappropriate. I've eaten here twice.

• Visited July 2013