“Best croissants in Atlanta” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #822 of 3,425 restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: Dessert, Tapas
Atlanta, Georgia
“Best croissants in Atlanta”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

I'm a big fan of SIP...especially their breakfast sandwiches and cute, laid back, yet hip neighborhood vibe. I live in the area and walk over monthly - would go more often but am trying to watch my calories and their delish egg and cheese croissants are TROUBLE for me . I also like the fact that there is free wifi and outdoor seating - great place to work or study. My only complaint would be the staff...when I first moved over here 2.5 years ago, staff at SIP was warm and welcoming, like you'd expect at a neighborhood spot. Currently there is a coolness to the service that is a bit off-putting. Not rude, but not warm. I still give SIP a strong "go!" reco tho, love it overall.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

77% Recommend
Linz, Austria
“Great place.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

After a long flight I got the perfect coffee from very nice people.
Loved the sofas.
Really a relaxed place to hang out. And they got free WIFI.

• Visited June 2013
Suwanee, Georgia
“Gem of a Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012 via mobile

We went last night around 6pm on a Saturday night. Fairly quiet (no kids at all ). Excellent tapas, especially the cheesecake, ceviche, fritters and steak. We went with the recommended pairings, which were spot on.

Super atmosphere. Wine available in a sip (1-2 Ozs), half glass, full glass and bottle. Excellent wines. We can't wait to go back.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Marietta, Georgia
“SIP in Alpharetta...too many kids!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

My husband and I stopped off at SIP Wine Bar/Tapas in Alpharetta, GA on a Friday night. You would have thought it was Chuck E Cheese there were so many kids! We had eaten dinner and stopped off for a glass of wine. We could barely find a place to sit on the sofas because they were taken over by the kids who were there with their parents and were bored. REALLY, people, get a sitter, or go somewhere that is kid-friendly, a wine/tapas bar isn't! And for those of us who want a place to go sans-kids, we like places like Sip because there aren't children. I am not anti-kid, I raise 3 children, but adults like to go out without the kids, so leave them home, get a sitter, or go somewhere else!

• Visited April 2012
Atlanta, GA
“Perfect Spot for Wine, Fun, Friends”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

Wine bar does a great job of making both new & old customers comfortable. Tapas are tasty and have a nice variety. You can serve yourself wine or be served. It's nice to be able to have a small taste, half glass or full glass. Variety in types and regions impressive. Several price points are nice as well. Definite worth a try. Enjoy!

• Visited June 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Been to SIP? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage SIP, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.