“Not For Me” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #56 of 191 Hotels in Atlanta
Tn.
“Not For Me”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

I have stayed at most of the other 4 star hotels in Buckhead. The W is the worst choice. The $37 parking is just crazy. It is Atlanta not New York City. There is also a charge for the internet. The rooms are small, the walls are thin and the bath area is very poorly designed.

The only positives are the room was clean the the staff pleasant.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
WBuckheadManager, Guest Experience Manager at W Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
smjsmj - Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your experience. Atlanta is a dynamic, up and coming city that has alot to offer. If your travels ever return you to the Atlanta area, we would be delighted for another opportunity to show you what we are all about here at the W Atlanta Buckhead! You can contact me directly at Renford.Parkes@whotels.com and it will be my absolute pleasure to personally oversee your accommodations. Until next time...Be well!

Renford Parkes

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

This W is modern, luxurious & fun! It is my favorite W in Georgia, I really recommend you stay here for your birthday or event with friends because the atmosphere is is so lively. I don't recommend this for family vacations because this is more of a party-type hotel but it is kept up to par. The number one reason my stay was so fantastic was because of the staff! They were so helpful and caring during my stay. I was able to invite friends to my room with no hassle unlike other hotels I have stayed at. The bliss products were lovely, the beds were comfortable and the rooms were so chic! The next morning my friends and I ate at Market for breakfast and it was delicious and reasonably priced. Their french toast with peaches is a must try! We also received complementary coffee. If I'm having another party I will definitely return to the W!

Room Tip: Level 7 had better views than Level 10! Higher floors have a lot of traffic in the halls, but I didn...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
KarishmaAtlanta - THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT! I'm thrilled to know that we were able to make your birthday one to remember. Thank you for such a positive survey and the fabulous comments about our property and talent. All of the talent here at the W Atlanta-Buckhead are truly passionate about creating memorable experiences for our guests and it brightens up our day to read reviews such as yours. Next year for your birthday, we look forward to the opportunity to mix it up with and your family/friends once more. Until that time...Be well.

FYI... The french toast is my favorite as well :)
Montreal, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for one night this week and have been very disappointed. First, when I entered in the room, there was still some trash in the toilet bowl. The rug and cover on the bed were dirty, mildew in the bathroom. When I tried to adjust the temperature of the room (it was warm at 74 degrees), the heating cooling system was noisy, loud and did not work well. Plus, during the night at 03:00 AM, I think they where reparing a room below or above mine with construction noises for an hour.
Most of all, I expected at least a call from the manager when I shared my experience at front desk in the morning. Nothing.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
WBuckheadManager, Guest Experience Manager at W Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this review, May 19, 2013
bonheurephemere - Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your stay. I sincerely apologize about the inconveniences you experienced during your trip. If your travels return you to the Atlanta area, we would love to have another opportunity to exceed your expecations. All the best!

Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

The W Hotel Buckhead is a very pet-friendly hotel. From the front door staff, the the front desk, bartenders- they were all very friendly and even offered to babysit our dog if we needed to leave for dinner. The lobby and bar downstairs are pet-friendly so your pooch can enjoy sitting with you while having a cocktail. The room was not the super contemporary design like we like with the W, more on the eclectic/garage sale side.

I agree with the other reviews that the bathroom was VERY small and I'm not a big person. Our room 803 I did notice all the furniture was banged up and the paint was peeling. Nothing gross, just needs some TLC. I figured it was because we were in a "dog-friendly" room, so maybe more wear and tear?

Because of the super fantastic staff and manager, I'm giving it a 5, but if it weren't for them, it would be a 4 for the aging room.

The Whiskey Blue bar on the top floor had a great staff and the grapefruit-basil martini was excellent. Floor staff and manager were very friendly too. Great views of the Atlanta skyline!

The location is great next to the Lenox mall and good restaurants within walking distance. You can also order food from their new restaurant in The Living Room.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
ThreeLegFred - SO GLAD to hear that you and your pooch thoroughly enjoyed our W!! Everyone is welcomed, even our four-legged friends. All of our talent and managers are passionate about delivering excellent service, so thank you for the kind comments. Next time you are in town be sure to stop in to say HI and sip on another grapefruit basil martini! All the best.

New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I typically stay at W Hotelsn when I travel for work and the W Buckhead is probably one of the worst I have ever stayed at. Here are few things that led to my terrible stay this week:

1- The set up of the room is definitely weird and I almost felt like I stayed in a box the entire time. The bathroom area was not separated from the rest of the room and the vanity/sink area is so tiny that it almost seemed like a telephone booth!
2- The door and walls in this particular W is especially thin. I was able to clearly hear the guy in the room next to me on a conference call even with my TV on. This is a big no-no...whatever happened to privacy in hotel rooms??
3- In the middle of the night around 2am, there were a bunch of obviously drunk group of people running around the hallway, banging doors, and screaming. I was NOT happy about this, I mean, who would be, right? This is not the hotel's fault but the hotel's paper thin walls definitely made this 10x worst. I didn't get any sleep because of this.
4- And what really killed it for me was when I ordered room service for lunch. I asked the front desk if the tomato soup of the day was cream/dairy base and he said "no, it's just tomatoes". I went ahead and order the soup and before hanging out, I asked him again to make sure it's not cream/dairy base and he assured me that it was "definitely just tomatoes, no cream or dairy". Guess what? I get the soup and it's made with heavy cream...what a great lunch for someone who is lactose intolerant. The most ironic part of this? When I checked in, the girl at the front desk raved about the new farm to table restaurant that just opened (Cookhall) and said that I must try the food there or room service food at the very least. So much for a new lovely restaurant!

The only reason I gave W Buckhead two stars is because all the employees were pretty nice, accommodating, and helpful throughout my stay (except for the front desk guy who clearly knew nothing about the room service menu). Honestly, you couldn't pay me enough money to stay at W Buckhead again. The Westin is right next door...

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
tingalingxd - Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your stay. I sincerely apologize about the inconveniences you experienced during your visit wit us. We take your comments to heart will work to improve in the areas that fell below your expectations. If your travels return you to the Atlanta area, we would love to make it up to you and have another opportunity to exceed your expecations. Until next time...take care!

roswell
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

This hotel is fantastic. Rooms are on the small side , but feel like a hip apartment rather than a stuffy hotel. Staff is very friendly, and hotel is within walking distance of great shopping and restaurants. Treat yourself with a stay here!

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor room.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
WBuckheadManager, General Manager at W Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Susan b - Thank you for spending your getaway with us - so glad that we could help this be a true escape for you - that's awesome! Can't wait for your return!

All the Best
Charleston, South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

The room design is just weird - no real bathroom, just an alcove in one corner, with a sliding glass panel to separate the shower and toilet from the room. The furniture is meant to be eclectic, but the effect is more like rummage sale. You must get out of bed to switch off the bedside lamp. The signage and print material are meant to be current and hip, but just become silly: example, the "do not disturb" sign for the door becomes "When? Not quite yet." There was chipped paint in the room and in the public spaces. The gym (labeled "sweat" on the elevator) is poky, the "business center" is someplace Clark Kent might go to change into Superman.
The Wi-fi and valet parking charges will add a hefty chunk to your bill, with separate w-fi fee for each device you use. The staff are all friendly and helpful, bless their hearts, but the hotel itself if not a welcoming place.

Room Tip: Try the Intercontinental or the Westin, both just down the road.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
BobandOrnella - Thank you for your time. I am glad that you enjoyed our service from the team but didn't feel totally welcome due to our design. While we do have other room layouts available, some of the things you mentioned are brand differentiators, unique to all W Hotels (how we notate our facilities, language, etc.). I completely understand that this isn't for everyone and appreciate your referral to the Westin, if that's a better fit, as we try to have a brand in the Starwood umbrella for everyone. Again, I appreciate your time and notes on the service received where we continually strive for excellence.

Safe travels and all the best

Been to W Atlanta - Buckhead? Share your experiences!