“Highly Recommended” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #48 of 188 Hotels in Atlanta
Memphis, Tennessee
“Highly Recommended”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

The hotel was beautiful and staff was great - especially Cyrus. We were able to walk to a variety of great restaurants due to the central location of the hotel. We were also within walking distance of the train. My only complaints were that the bathroom was a little small and the room service prices were high.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
WBuckheadManager, General Manager at W Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
kellycut_12 - Thank you for your review and feedback. I'm so glad you enjoyed our location and that Cyrus, one of our welcome ambassadors, was able to make your stay a little brighter! I appreciate your feedback and hope we'll see you again soon!

All the Best

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Stayed one night at the W in Buckhead for a business trip and absolutely enjoyed it from the minute I stepped in. The rooms are generous and look nice. The front desk staff is extremely friendly and helpful. We dined in the "hotel restaurant" which itself is a trendy little place. I will definitely stay again if back in Atlanta. The bathroom is odd in the room, i will admit, because it is almost as if it is part of the room itself...it isn't separate from the room. So, if staying with a child or something, this might be a bit odd. But all in all, it was a great experience and I'm in.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
WBuckheadManager, General Manager at W Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
GoPhillies20 - So glad you're "in"! Thank you so much for your review and comments about your time here - the staff will be delighted. We can't wait to see you again for your next trip to Atlanta!

Thanks again and enjoy the holidays!

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

We booked a night at the W in Buckhead since we frequently visit Whiskey Blue. I travel a lot for work so I am use to staying in nice hotels but what sets this hotel apart from every other 4 star hotel in Atlanta is the staff. Customer service and staff were helpful and went above & beyond to make sure all of our needs were met. Thank you to Rodney Lee and his team for taking such good care of us.

We will be back soon!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Kelly B - Thank you so much for your review and being your choice for "staycations". Also thank you so much for sharing your comments about the staff, especially Rodney. He's part of the unsung heroes on the overnight shift and thank you for recognizing his great service and hard work - he'll be thrilled!

We're looking forward to seeing you and your husband again, thank you!

Sacramento, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Stayed here for two days while on business. I was happy with my stay. Loved the vibe and the service lived up to the W experience I've had in the past. Great location - wonderful restaurants within walking distance. Or have the Acura drive you around!

I will have to say that the rooms seemed a bit smaller than the other W locations I stayed at - specifcally the bathroom. I thought it was odd that there really wasn't a door between the toilet and sink... it was more like a sliding door. Not really a complaint though - since it was just me it worked out fine.

Note - parking is a bit steep. I think it was $32 and no self service. Valet only.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
papasandnic- Thank you for sharing your thoughts with the TripAdvisor community. And hopefully we made life on the road a little easier for you. Looking forward to your return, whether for business or pleasure - we'll be tickled to welcome you back.

Thanks!

Jacksonville, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Willie MacLin was excellent at making us feel welcome at the W-Buckhead.....I give him 5-stars....the paarking charge of $32.00 a night was excessive....Staff was very pleasent.....The construction downtown made it a pain to find this location. Staff diod everything posssible to make up for all the confusion.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Searay31 - Thank you so much for your review. I really appreciate you mentioning your headliner, Willie Maclin - he's a superstar and we're lucky to have him. I'm thrilled too that the rest of the staff made your stay enjoyable and hopefully made up for the construction that's currently throughout the Buckhead community - they're wrapping it up, though with great progress!

Hope to see you again soon!

Marietta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Great location for a weekend getaway for couplesin the area. Very nice dinner in the market restaurant, and the Lenox Mall is an easy kill of 3 - 4 hours. Ask for bellman Willie Maclin for great restaurant advice or suggestions for your evening out -- he's a great asset for the hotel.

Room Tip: Stay in the even numbered rooms if possible -- street noise on the odd side can be an issue.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Jeff S - We think it's a nice place too! Thank you so much for your review and we can't wait to welcome you back!

Looking forward to sharing your comments with Willie, too - thanks!

Altanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I took my wife to the W buckhead for our staycation to celebrate our anniversary as we couldn't go out of town (she is 8 months pregnant) and while the location of the hotel is great, it definitely leaves a little to be desired for a W. While the lobby is cool and trendy, the rooms are small and the standard king bedroom has possibly the smallest bathroom in the city - the toilet is practically in the show and the show has no door, so the shower spray ends up wetting the toilet paper roll. The good news about the lack of shower door was that I could watch football on TV while showering!!
The cleaning staff was not great - we were out from 9AM in the morning and got back to take a nap at 4PM and they were in the process of making the room when we got back. Unbelieveable because we saw a cleaner's cart right outside our door when we left in the morning.
The valet service is very responsive in getting our car whenever we called BUT I expect this when paying $32 a night for valet. There is no self parking option and this is the most expensive valet of anywhere in the city. I was shocked! It made a medium cost nightly rate quite a bit more expensive and so I was disappointed in this as well.

Room Tip: something that has a separate bathroom
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
WBuckheadManager, General Manager at W Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
doosiesa - Thank you for your review and congratulations on the upcoming bundle of joy!

I sincerely appreciate your thoughts about your staycation with us earlier this month. From this I have stressed the point of timely responses with our housekeeping department to match that of what you experience with valet. While our valet prices were established on comparable properties in the area, I'm glad that you received the high level of service we're known for.

I hope we will have the chance to welcome you, your wife, and baby back to the property and we can certainly honor your room tip, with a more tradtional bathroom layout for your next trip.

Thanks again and hopefully see you soon!

All the Best

Been to W Atlanta - Buckhead? Share your experiences!