“Rooms and hallways are lousy.” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #43 of 188 hotels in Atlanta
Atlanta, GA.
“Rooms and hallways are lousy.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012 via mobile

Common areas are great. Rooms are lousy. Lots of chipped paint, dirty carpet and water damage wallpaper. The rooms are also extremely small.

I love W hotels and stay in them all the time. This one is just beat.

• Stayed September 2012
WBuckheadManager, General Manager at W Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this review, September 15, 2012
JasonAtlanta_GA_ - Thanks so much for your review and loyalty to W Hotels Worldwide. I'm glad you enjoyed our public areas (and hopefully service throughout your stay as well). We take feedback very seriously and have developed many internal committees based on it, one of which is dedicated to room (and hallway) condition, in addition to the constant vigilance of our engineering team. Please know that we're "on the case" and hope to have you visit again with us soon. Thanks again.

790 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Kentucky
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

It was "retro-chic" and seemed like it was trying too hard. The rooms were decorated in what was supposed to be the '60's, but really seemed somewhat cheap in furnishings quality. The bathroom was one of the worst - the first room had the sink in the bedroom and a glass door to the toilet / shower, and the second room we were placed in had the sink in the bathroom but a glass window to the room & a glass door.

There is a popular bar on the top of the hotel so we were awakened 3 times during the night (latest was 5:30 a.m.) to revelers making their way back to their room. Parking is valet (a must) at $32.00 a night (is this Beverly Hills?). I stayed at more comfortable Hilton Garden Inns - if small is chic, then the rooms in this place are extremely fashionable.

We had been at the Westin next door earlier in the week and found the rooms & bathrooms MUCH larger, self-park an option, and overall, a much better experience.

Room Tip: I was told that the higher floors are set aside for the "party" and late-night crowd. Be...
Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
WBuckheadManager, General Manager at W Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
MarkClark97 - Thank you for your review. We take all reviews and feedback very seriously and I sincerely appreciate your candor. I will share your comments with the team for review and ensure we are not only fully disclosing our parking options upon arrival and constantly patrolling our public spaces but also discussing room types and preferences upon check in to meet and exceed guest expectations.

Thank you again for your time and we hope you'll revisit us again in the future.

Atlanta, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

We had a great experience. They definitely took care of us. I would recommend it to anyone who any who wants to have a good time. Our hostess (Nicole) was amazing and the waitress (Monique) was even better. We celebrated my friend's birthday and had no regrets the entire night. The atmosphere is great for mingling as well as having fun. If you are going to Whiskey Blue any time soon, make sure you are prepared to have a great time!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Campbell W - Thank you so much for your review of our rooftop destination bar, Whiskey Blue!! I'm thrilled to hear that your birthday celebration went without a hitch and you have Nicole and Monique to thank for it! I look forward to sharing this with them and the entire WB team. Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

This hotel was very interesting. It almost had a "Mad Men" feel to it. Very retro '60s decor. The staff was very friendly and the bed was very comfortable. The only thing that I was not impressed with was the fact that the bar had a very limited selection of beers, and the bathroom in our room was TINY with only a sliding door to separate you from the rest of the room (including your travel companions). Overall, this was nice, but I will try the Westin next door to see how I like it next time.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
WBuckheadManager, General Manager at W Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Tgarick - Thank you for your review. We really appreciate your feedback and any Don Draper references, so thanks again! I'm thrilled you enjoyed the decor, W signature beds and service. I do hope that you'll give us another try for your next Atlanta visit though, as we do offer other bathroom layouts and our Whatever/Whenever staff is at the ready for any brew-centered requests!

See you soon!

Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Hidden expenses to watch out for:
1) wireless Internet $11 for one day
2) a 12oz can of coke: $4
3) small bag of chips: $6
4) parking ( your only option is valet) $32!!!
5) No complimentary breakfast (all on-site food options are ridiculously expensive)

Other downsides:
1) I asked twice for a coffee maker in my room, the second time the "whatever/whenever" service told me to go get the free coffee down in the lobby.
2) fingernail polish stains on night stand
3) finish peeling up on tables in room (made of particle board)
4) exhaust fan in bathroom does not work

Bottom line: it is possible to have a similar level of experience at other "nice" hotels where it does not end up costing so much extra money. There is a lot of artsy decor here, but you need to decide if that is worth it to you because that is about all you are going to get. Otherwise save your money and get more for less somewhere else.

Room Tip: Choose somewhere else.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Barclay O - Thank you for your review of W Atlanta - Buckhead. I have shared your list and comments with the team to address not only your specific room, but also overall processes related to room condition and maintenance. Additionally, amenities that are individually priced were determined based on comparable properties in the area and many times can be found included in packages on our website. I do hope that we can welcome you back in the future.

Thank you again for your time and feedback.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

I was really excited by the pictures and the write up for this hotel when I was looking for a place to stay at SHRM 2012 conference. I've loved the other Ws I've stayed in but this one was not up to the regular par.

The rooms were beautiful and so was the lobby. That was pretty much up to regular W standard. The restaurant was also very tasty and had very quick service. However there wasn't a whole lot else to say about the hotel to make it a 4 star and the good standard that the W usually is.

The bathroom was a weird set up. It's actually a little alcove in the corner of the room with a sliding door for the toilet and shower. Very European. The lighting in this area always really poor though. Luckily I was staying by myself so I could shower and use the bathroom with the sliding door open but it could be uncomfortable if you are traveling with some one else.

I was really disappointed that not only did you not have to pay each day for Internet but you have to pay per device. As a person with an iPhone, iPad, and a laptop, I didn't want to pay $10 per device per day to get Internet on those devices. A really HUGE disappointment.

The other thing was that each of the three nights I stayed there that there was a new piece of the cleaning persons supplies left in the room. One night it was a broom, another night it was a shamee cloth, the other time a dustpan. Not super professional.

Also a warning to business people - if you stay here over a weekend be prepared for screamining drunk people in the hallways at all hours because of the lounge / bar up top. It's cool to hang out at for a few drinks but it's also a pain in the butt when you're trying to get some sleep for an early wake up and/or trying to adjust to a new time zone.

Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
NatalieH - Thanks for your review from the citywide SHRM conference. I appreciate you taking the time to share both the good (restaurant service, decor, check in service) and the not so good (noise and housekeeping hiccups). I have shared your comments with team to ensure we are constantly striving for excellence in all areas of the hotel. I hope we will have another opportunity to welcome you back in future for another try.
Should we have that opportunity, please feel free to email me at GMmarylouise.fitzgibbon@whotels.com.

Thanks again.

Destin, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here with our family for a football weekend. I was concerned about noise and asked for a 'quiet' room. Got one on the 7th floor and has no noise issues at all. Location is fantastic (walking distance to Lenox) but furniture in the room was oversized and made it feel a little cramped. Service was good and all employees were friendly.

• Stayed September 2012
WBuckheadManager, General Manager at W Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Penny J - Thank you so much for your review and booking your football celebration with us! I'm delighted to hear you and your family enjoyed the pigskin and a quiet evening here as well - sounds good to me! We hope to see you and your squad again soon - THANK YOU!

All the Best

Been to W Atlanta - Buckhead? Share your experiences!