“Positives/Negatives” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #48 of 188 Hotels in Atlanta
chicago,IL
“Positives/Negatives”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

I Just returned from 5 days in Buckhead and the W Hotel.
The Good: The location was ideal for my purposes. Lots of shopping and dining nearby and access to the Marta right across the street. The W provided excellent transportation services through the concierge desk. I used the drivers each day (since I did not rent a car). Nice perk!
The lobby and entrance is smart and stylish. I enjoyed the Serenity Pool and liked the fitness center, complete with headsets etc. The staff was great. The bed was delightful.
The Bad: The bathroom in the room! Though I should just call it a toilet room. Or rather a toilet in the middle of the room witth a sliding door. The worst design I have ever seen. The only way this works is if you are traveling alone. (I was not)
I also did not love my breakfast at the Market restaurant on the first floor. Not much of a selection and they got it wrong 2 days in a row. In summary,
I enjoyed my experience but would probably select a more traditional hotel in the future. My 18 year old son loved the swanky setting. Maybe I am getting old.....

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
WBuckheadManager, General Manager at W Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
carmelina - Thank you for your well balanced review. With perks of great staff, location, and amenities, I hope we can see you and your son again soon. I have shared all of your comments with the staff, including those not - so - good, and hope that in a potential return visit we have the opportunity to show you other room layouts, improved dining experiences and an overall fantastic W experience. Thank you again for your feedback.

All the Best

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

The Welcome Staff at the "W" Buckhead is simply the BEST! It started with Amy checking me in (she’s so awesome) as always with the utmost professionalism and care. Followed by the detailed assistance from Robert to get my personnel belongings set in my room.
Willie – it’s like haven’t your own driver, he is the best as what he does, his demeanor, insight on activities in Buckhead, and overall personality is a delight and right on spot each and every time!
I can’t say enough about Felicia, Scott, and David Michael…they are gems! It’s truly amazing; as they never compromise world-class customer service, regardless of the time of day, nor the attitude of the customers…no stone unturned when it comes to the details provided! Lastly, Melinda is incredible, I watched her time after time go out of her way to help everyone she came in contact with…they all embody the definition of hospitality! THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH…can’t say enough about the staff!

Room Tip: All rooms are great on property...if you can swing it, try a suite!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Gerry P - A " simply incredible" review - THANK YOU! You've given kudos to so many of our rockstars and I'm so glad they've made traveling on the road, dare I say, even pleasureable for when you're here! We love having you here and appreciate the suite room tip - see you soon!

Jasper, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

Stayed here 2 nights and loved it!! The staff was very friendly, easy to get a taxi and the room service was great! Loved all the neat logos. The rooftop bar was great! Hopping on a Friday night! If you like to shop you are less than a mile from the Lennox mall and there are tons of great places to eat nearby!

Room Tip: Go with the Fabulous Room! Also coffee makers are per request so request one if you are a coffee dri...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
bitbok - We're so glad you've found your Buckhead-Must-Have-Hotel! Thank you so much for your kind words, and great room tip! Can't wait to see you again soon!

Dalton, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

This hotel is for the under-40 crowd! Not only were we out numbered by the 30-somethings, we felt invisible around them. Maybe there was a wedding party staying there, but there were lots of young adults who were loud and rude and seemed to get all the attention from the staff. The hotel seemed to be catering to them, we pretty much had to beg for a drink at the hotel roof-top bar, and the music choices clearly were for the crowd younger than us. The modern decor seemed more cheap than chic.

The best part of the experience was about the leaking toilet that we noticed as soon as we entered our room. The plumber appeared just minutes after we called the front desk, then found us in the bar to report that the repair had been completed and bought us a complimentary drink! We will not be staying there again, but younger patrons might find it wonderful.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
WBuckheadManager, Front Office Manager at W Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
EarlyMom - Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with the TripAdvisor community from your June visit. I'm sorry to learn if our staff did not make you feel like an "insider", as regardless of age or reason for your visit, service should never be sacrified and I'm so sorry you felt anything other than our signature Whatever/Whenever service. I have shared your comments with our staff and our third party partners (restaurant and bar staffs), but I am more than happy to speak with you further as well, if you'd like at GMmarylouise.fitzgibbon@whotels.com. Thank you again for your time.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012 via mobile

Showed up at midnight to find that my guaranteed late arrival on my confirmed reservation was in fact not guaranteed. W overbooked and sent me back to an airport hotel. Didn't even bother to call and tell me this an hour earlier when I was at the airport. I am on the road approx 50 nights/yr and will cross Starwood and W off my list.

Stayed July 2012
nycfreqflyer - Thank you for your review. As you can imagine, you've outlined an experience we never want for our guests and I am sincerely sorry. I have shared your review with our staff and will use this as a training example. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to not only W Atlanta - Buckhead but to any of the hotels in the Starwood family, so that we may restore your confidence. Please feel free to reach out to me directly at GMmarylouise.fitzgibbon@whotels.com and I'll be more than happy to discuss your reservation with you directly. Thank you again.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

I've stayed here 3 times for business. The team running this hotel are wonderful - each time I visit someone goes above and beyond. I appreciate that they accept a Federal government room rate as many W's don't anymore. Rooms and public spaces are well kept-up. Room service is prompt and, while nothing special, often hit the spot after a long night of work. Location is within walking distance to Phipps Plaza, Lenox mall, Marta, and plenty of restaurants. This is my go-to business hotel in Atlanta and I look forward to staying there again!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
WBuckheadManager, General Manager at W Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
MrsJPWinter - We look forward to having you back, again and again! Thank you for your review and description of several of the advantages we have for our business travelers including great location, fantastic staff (with Whatever/Whenever service) and competitive rates. Thanks again and we look forward to your return. See you soon!

Athens, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

We got a very last minute reservation for July 3, as we were traveling to ATL to run in the Peachtree Roadrace the morning of July 4. The staff at this hotel is excellent, well trained and all about customer service. The bartender in the 'Living Room' bar makes the best ginger margarita. I would drive back to Atlanta just for this drink. Willie led us to our room and handed us two free drink cards upon arrival. He is a joy to be around! P-R-O fessional and could teach a class in customer service. Promote this man! Our room was comfortable and well appointed. This will now be my 'go-to' hotel in the Buckhead district of ATL.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Ge0rgiaM0m - What a review, from a seasoned contributor; thank you! We are a 'hot spot' around the Fourth of July for the PRR and Lenox Square Fireworks, but I'm so glad that you found what really keeps people coming back - our people! Although it sounds like a nice ginger margarita could persuade you too! Thanks so much for your review and I look forward to sharing this with the team, especially Willie! We can't wait to see you again!

All the Best

Been to W Atlanta - Buckhead? Share your experiences!