“W Buckhead Atlanta - Amazing Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #45 of 188 hotels in Atlanta
Alpharetta, GA
“W Buckhead Atlanta - Amazing Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

What an amazing experience when I stayed at this hotel a couple of weeks ago. The staff instantly made me feel at home. Their famous strawberry mojitos made the start of the evening fantastic. Spent the night at the W Buckhead for a girls night out in Atlanta. Willie (the hotel driver) was so kind to drive us to our evening destination. The rooms were wonderful and very quiet. I would highly recommend this hotel for business or pleasure. It's a wonderful boutique hotel in the heart of Buckhead.

J Woodruff

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
WBuckheadManager, Guest Relations Manager at W Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to post a great review about your AMAZING experience! See you next time.

791 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Pasadena, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I are devoted SPG members, so when I booked a trip to Atlanta to attend a conference at the Grand Hyatt, I booked a stay at the W, thinking it would be fabulous and within walking distance to my conference. The hotel was a big let down. For nearly $200 a night, you'd hope for something better. Our room was small and the bathroom was ridiculously smaller. There was an extremely noisy swamp cooler but even that could not drown out the all the noises heard from the street, neighboring rooms, halls, etc. Maid didn't show up till 2:30 pm first day... My husband had just got back in so he asked her to come back at 4:30. She never did. Next day room was still uncleaned when I came back at 1 pm, so asked whatever/whenever to please send maid. I had to go away for a few hours...came back and tried to take nap,but room was so unbelievably noisy! Sounds like someone was dropping metal balls on ceiling....not sure what that noise was, but it was so loud. I'm sorry I booked one extra night here as 1 night here was too many...three is just awful. Hoping I don't experience surprise charges as some other reviewers mentioned. This hotel is a big disappointment!!

Stayed April 2012
Thanks for sharing your feedback. See hope to see you soon in Atlanta. All the best!
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

I met some friends at Whiskey Blue at the W in Buckhead for drinks. The view was so spectacular but the venue even better. The vibe was amazing and the cocktails truly unique. The waitstaff was very helpful and the service was spot on! Not at all intrusive but there as soon as you needed anything. As we were leaving a DJ was packing up after a wedding and said, unsolicited, that "the staff here is the best in the city and I do a lot of weddings!"

The property is very cool and "comfortably different" in the unique W fashion! I would recommend it highly!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
So glad that you enjoyed your experience. We cant wait to see you again! Take care.
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

I recently had a water leak in my home so my fiance' and I were forced to stay at a hotel. Since we live in Buckhead and have frequently visited the W Buckhead for drinks we decided to book a room there. The staff could not have been more accomodating and the lobby and lobby bar were as nice as they always are. We enjoyed having a few glasses of wine and the bartender was extremely knowledgeable on the wines offered and even allowed me to taste a few before ordering a glass.

The room unfortunately seemed like something off of a cruise ship. It was extremely small for an Atlanta hotel and while I appreciated the modern flair, decorations, sound machine, and comfy bed, I found the furniture and bathroom layout very average from a quality standpoint. The sliding doors to the bathroom were off of their track and made privacy very difficult. It just didn't seem like a $250-$300 per night room. The elegance we experienced in the lobby and the lounge just didn't flow to the rooms. I love this hotel but would have preferred a bit more luxury in the room. I'll definitely come back to enjoy a cocktail but would select another hotel in the area if I was staying overnight.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Thanks for sharing your feedback from your visit with us. We hope to see you soon in Atlanta! Take care.
Chattanooga, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

My husband and 3 teenage kids stayed one night here - great location, typical clean minimalist type of hotel. Staff is terrific but don't plan on getting any sleep! It is very noisy; this one seems to cater to a younger clientel and they scream, laugh loudly and party long and loud. Security is great after you call them to complain about the noise. Plus - there is not a coffee pot in the room; you must go downstairs and pay for your coffee and then bring it up or you could pay a lot of money for room service. Parking fee is exhorbitant. Not worth the money!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
WBuckheadManager, General Manager at W Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this review, April 18, 2012
Laura L - Thank you for your review. While I am happy to learn that you and your family enjoyed several aspects of your stay here (cleanliness and staff included), I'm sorry to say, that a great night's sleep was not one of them (essential to any getaway). We are constantly working on not only preventing the transfer of sound between guest rooms and hallways technically, but also in preventing any disturbances, from a security perspective. I do hope that we will have another opportunity to welcome you and your family back. Should we be so lucky, please feel free to email me at GMmarylouise.fitzgibbon@whotels.com and I'll happy to help in any way I can (from caffiene to sound sleep). Thanks again.
All the Best
Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

I got a room here through Priceline for a decent $99/night. Be aware, however, the hotel charges $32/night for parking, which adds a nice chunk to overall cost. The hotel is in a terrific location right next to Lenox Square mall and many restaurants. When I first arrived, I was surprised it's a smaller property than I anticipated. I was greeted by friendly valet drivers, and walked into a very modern, trendy lobby area. There was a line at check-in, and despite 3 front desk workers -- only one was actually working a computer and helping folks, which I found a bit odd. However, the wait wasn't long and the clerk was very friendly. When she ran my credit card, it didn't go through. She offered me her phone to call my credit card company. After 20 minutes, it turns out it was the hotel's computer with the problem, not my credit card. The clerk was very apologetic and got me checked in quickly. She told me she upgraded me to a nicer room; however when I got to the room, it seemed pretty standard. Perhaps because it was on a higher floor, it was "nicer" ? The clerk also gave me several drink coupons, and 2 coupons for free breakfast at the hotel restaurant each day of my stay -- which was a nice gesture. She also offered to comp my internet access (which, I think, is $10/night). When I first entered the room, I was greeted by the sounds of nature (birds chirping, etc) on a small radio device -- which immediately invoked a relaxing mood. The room was small -- but sleek, clean and comfortable. It matched previous descriptions here -- with a large, flat-screen TV, minibar, small table, and desk area. I thought the bed was terrific -- VERY comfortable. The bathroom was a bit small but fine for 1 or 2 people. The walls were indeed a bit thin -- I could easily hear people talking as they walked by in the hallway -- but it wasn't a problem at bedtime. The rooftop bar (Whiskey Blue) was a lot of fun with friendly staff. It features indoor and outdoor seating -- but not much of a view because the surrounding buildings overshadowed the W. I ordered room service for breakfast one morning -- for the price, it was disappointing. The omelet seemed to be made from egg substitute rather than fresh eggs. The next morning, I used one of the free coupons for breakfast in the restaurant downstairs and it was much better. The workout facility featured 3 small rooms but with plenty of equipment. The small, outdoor pool (no hot tub, by the way) was closed while I was there for maintenance. Overall, a fun stay in a very trendy property. All the workers with whom I came in contact were very friendly, helpful and professional.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
WBuckheadManager, General Manager at W Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this review, April 12, 2012
BeachNet08- Thanks so much for your detailed review of W Atlanta - Buckhead! I really appreciate it and will be sure to share with the team. I'm sorry to learn of some of the glitches at check in, but glad to hear that the team recovered quickly and with a smile. I do hope the next time you're back in the Atlanta area, we can welcome you back again. Should you need anything in the meantime, please feel free to email me directly at GMmarylouise.fitzgibbon@whotels.com. Thanks again!
Saint Marys, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

Here's a huge shout out to Vernon in security who made it his mission to personally find my drivers license - which I accidentally lost while staying there. It wasn't at the front desk, it wasn't in the room, he found it in with the linens in the laundry! Wow...what a great guy, what a great job and it's being overnighted to me so I have it back tomorrow. I love, love, love the W.

Liz

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
WBuckheadManager, General Manager at W Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this review, April 13, 2012
Liz934- We LOVE huge shout outs - Thank you! What an awesome story - and I'm thrilled that Vernon came to the rescue for you. It's service like this (extreme Whatever/Whenever service) that sets us apart and keeps "love, love, love the W" in your vocabulary. Can't wait to see you again!
All the Best

Been to W Atlanta - Buckhead? Share your experiences!