“Wasn't what I expected from Hilton” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #131 of 190 Hotels in Atlanta
Bardstown, Kentucky
“Wasn't what I expected from Hilton”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

Had made reservation just for over night so I could park my car here for the week. It was just a so, so hotel. Was told upon making reservation that parking was free for the week but upon booking in was told $10.00 night charge per night. Hotel was clean, beds weren't comfortable. Wasn't at all what I expected from Hilton. Not happy about parking fee either.

Room Tip: Ask about parking charge before booking
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
rick b, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta Airport, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Dear Gail T, Thank you for your recent review. I apologize for the misunderstanding regarding parking. We do charge $10.00 per night to park which is less than half what the airport charges for parking. I am glad you found our hotel clean also
Rick

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Atlanta, GA, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

I called about 20 minutes past the 6:00 PM deadline to cancel my reservation, explained my situation, and the receptionist said that it would be no problem and that I would not be charged. A few days later, I checked my bank account and there it was, a charge for the full amount of the room. Now I'm in the process of trying to get reimbursed. I'll be sure to look for a non-Hilton hotel in the future.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Jeff S, Thanks for the recent paost. Please contact me at rick.burnette@hilton.com I will look into the cancellation for you.
Eugene
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

I stay here only for the rate if all the other hotels in the area are booked. They have one good employee, the Bartender. He is actually one of the best bartenders I have seen in a while. Everyone else is friendly enough, but their actions say that they don't care at all about their jobs or you. The resturant employees act as if they have been smoking weed out back. The front desk will patronize you with smiles, but won't actually do anything to solve whatever issue you may be dealing with. I am a diamond member of the Hilton system, and this hotel is mediocre at best.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Jack F, thank you for the recent post. We do offer a great value and we do value our guests. I apologize that we did not show you the level of hospitality that we are capable of.
Atlanta, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

Couldn't sleep due to excessive noise from elevator shaft. Can't believe a Hotel like this hasn't addressed this kind of issue. Breakfast bar was OK but way overpriced. Couldn't sleep due to excessive noise from elevator shaft. Can't believe a Hotel like this hasn't addressed this kind of issue. Breakfast bar was OK but way overpriced.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Wolfgang E, thank you for the review of our hotel. I apologize for the excessive noise from on of our elevators, I have alerted our service company to come out and see what can be done to elevate the noise.
Regards
Falls Church, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

Simple review - Great people -from desk to restaurant to shuttle, every contact was just great and nothing but smiles! Property seemed very nice -but honestly when the people are this nice you wouldn't notice if it wasn't I think.
Really big nod to the bartender last Sunday -odd to find a bartender who knows everyones name and acts like you've been a regular for ever in an airport hotel -really great service!

Another surprise - GREAT FOOD, real Ribeye steak so tired of the petite sirloin or filet, petite this or you can't pronounce this but it's going to be small and expensive menus in upper end hotels. This place makes real food at great prices -so before running for the door give their menu a chance.....I was surprised and glad I did.

Thanks -

Room Tip: You know - you can trust these people....
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Dave C, Thanks for the review really glad you enjoyed your stay, I too share you enthusiasm for the Ribeye Steak!! We look forward to seeing you again
Cheers
RIck
atlanta, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

I think for the amount of money being paid for the hotel, there should be free parking or at least the consumer should be aware of this policy prior. I also think it is appalling that breakfast is not complimentary. Besides those things it was a good stay. there was good service and nice rooms.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Tiandra A, thanks for post! Glad you enjoyed your room and the staff. We do offer a package rate that includes breakfast for two. We look forward to seeing you again!
Shreveport, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

Check in was easy, staff very helpful, not crazy about the parking fee's ... but the parking attendants are very nice people. House keeping personnel are friendly and helpful. Didn't get the small refrigerator that was requested though. Nice place, would consider again if back in area.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

rick b, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta Airport, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Dear Paul C, Thank you for your review! I am glad you enjoyed your visit and found our staff accommodating! I apologize for the fridge not making it to you. We look forward to seeing you again soon
Rick

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta Airport? Share your experiences!