“Modern place to stay in buckhead” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #90 of 190 Hotels in Atlanta
Alabama
“Modern place to stay in buckhead”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We spent the weekend in Atlanta for a football game. The staff, while very casually dressed, was attentive and helpful. They pointed us in the right direction for MARTA, a stop is located just up the street

• Stayed August 2012
Sue M, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott Atlanta Buckhead, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Hello and thank you for sharing your experience. Our proximity to Marta makes our hotel a great option for those who are looking to attend large events that cause heavy traffic. Marta is just a block away and allows you to get to your event with ease.

Thank you once again for the review and we hope to have you back soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

Booked it for $50 a night on priceline only to arrive and find out parking costs $21 per day. Hotel is okay but the parking charge is so sneaky. When talking to the manager about it he was very pompous too in saying something like 'oh well the hotel is worth it'.

• Stayed September 2012
Hello Jordan725 and thank you for the review. I'm glad to read the hotel met your needs during your stay and I apologize if you were not provided with the information about parking through the priceline site. We publish our parking fees on our website and we are careful to keep them in line with other hotels in the area. Once again, I apologize if this information was not communicated through your booking channel.

Thank you once again for taking the time to share your experience.
Nashville, TN
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

Stayed there 2 nights for a football game. Paid $199.00 plus tax and had a choice of $21.00 a day valet parking or $18.00 public parking. Chose valet because the valet guy said the public parking was a block down the road. It turned out to be just around the corner. I've stayed at a lot of Marriotts but this is my first disappointment. The rooms are small. The aircondition did not work right. The heat would come on if you tried to set the air anywhere above 68. We called the front desk and the gentleman stated he would be right up. We waited no one ever came or called. The room always felt damp and humid. I felt like I needed to take a shower all the time.
The room was very clean when we checked in, however when the maid service cleaned the next day they did not vacumn or wiped down the tables.

There is no bar. They have bistro that offers beer. The guest book in the room stated they are open until 11pm. However when I went down they stated they closed at 10pm. We decided to order something to take to our room because it was 9:50pm. We ordered sandwiches and they brought the sandwiched already prepackaged from the back and heated up. Yum. They also forgot my appetizer. I had to run down before they closed to get my hummus and pita slices which turned out to be pita chips instead. Oh and they forgot the fresh vegetables.

They also have a market in the hotel which was never really stocked that well. Ended up sharing a Hot Pocket with my husband for dinner at 11pm the last night.

There wasn't any service. No ambiance. No bar. No place you wanted to sit and visit with other guest. Just wasn't anything. It was probably the most uninviting Marriott I've ever stayed at. The staff blah. The only upside to this hotel is that it's only 2 blocks to the Marta. I've paid a lot more for a Marriott room and a lot less, but I've always felt I got my monies worth until now.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Hello and thank you for taking a moment to write a review. I must say I am shocked to read about the service issues you experienced during your stay. Rest assured this is not the norm for us and I will forward your review to our General Manager. I would also ask that you contact the hotel and speak to him directly as he takes these kinds of issues very seriously.

Our Bistro serves breakfast in the morning, food and beverage in the evenings and we feature a full bar as well. The Bistro as well as our spacious lobby was designed with an abundance of seating, public computers, a large screen TV and complimentary wireless internet as a way of making our guests feel at home. The public space is also designed to promote interaction among individuals and groups. As with many urban markets, there is a fee for parking. Our parking fees are in line with other hotels in our area.

Thank you once again for your review. I will be sure to forward this to our General Manager and I hope you will take a moment to contact him directly.
Florida West Coast
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

Overall this is a very good value for Buckhead. We stayed there twice this month and each time the rooms were spotless, the front desk pleasant, plus location (Dining, shopping, MARTA) a short walk. The reason I gave an overall 4 instead of 5 and 3 for service was for something I've ever encountered at a hotel. My husband inquired about a nearby bakery and the employee gave him $3 and him to pick a food order. My husband was caught so off guard he did it. You can't buy anything for $3 in Buckhead so he also paid the difference! I'd say that staff is in need of a refresher course in hospitality.

• Stayed August 2012
Hello and thank you so much for giving us a wonderful review! I will forward this to our Operations Manager so she is able to investigate the incident you mention. I sure hope we will be welcoming you back for your 3rd stay very soon!
Birmingham, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

My friend and I stayed at this hotel last weekend.

I would have to say that for $119 + tax this hotel fits the bill.

Rooms were clean.
Decor was nice.
Bathroom was fine (shower was very forceful, felt great)
Staff was nice.
Bed very comfortable, especially the pillows.

The only negative comment I would have is that the pool and hot tub were not OK. Beware of the picture of the pool on this website. The pool is very small, despite how the picture was taken. There was only one table and 4 chairs, and the hot tub was warm, not hot at all.

The pool and hot tub are important to me, so for this reason, I would not stay at this hotel again. If this doesn't matter to you, then it's a nice hotel, and very worth what we paid.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Sue M, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott Atlanta Buckhead, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay overall. Our indoor pool is a great amenity as many of our competitors do not offer this feature but I am sorry to hear it did not meet your needs. As a result of your review, I will ask our maintenance team to test our whirlpool to make sure it is operating at the correct temperature.

Thank you once again for the review!
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

The executive suite was large and accomodating. The king size bed was so comfortable. The food in the resturant was good. Overall, it was a great stay and I can not forget to mention how great the hotel staff was, from the valet attendant to the front desk attendant. Only downside, parking is expensive. 18.00 for self-park and 21.00 for valet. For three bucks more, you may as well choose valet. However, access to free internet throughout the hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Sue M, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott Atlanta Buckhead, responded to this review, August 19, 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience! I'm glad to hear our hotel met your expectations and I'll be sure to share your comments with our team. Our complimentary internet is a great amenity as most travelers need access for both work and peronal reasons. It is customary for urban hotels to charge fees for parking due to limited space and we are careful to keep our parking fees in line with other hotels in our area.

Thank you once again for the review and we hope to be your hotel of choice when you are visiting the Buckhead area.
Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

We stayed here one night before our visit to the Georgia Aquarium the next day. We turned in points for our room, and were complimentary upgraded to a 2 room suite with a balcony upon our arrival. This was a nice and appreciated surprise. The suite was clean, spacious and nice, but the bathtub could use an upgrade. The balcony was a nice surprise. We enjoyed breakfast in the restaurant the next morning. What would bring me back to this Courtyard though -- staff! They were outgoing, helpful and super friendly!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking a moment to write a review. We try our best to show our appreciation to Marriott Reward members so I am delighted to hear we were able to upgrade you to a suite. Our bathtubs are a work in progress as our maintenance team continues a resurfacing project. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed breakfast and our wonderful staff.

We hope to welcome you back soon!

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Atlanta Buckhead? Share your experiences!