“Friendliest Staff” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #90 of 190 Hotels in Atlanta
Sulphur, Louisiana
“Friendliest Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2011

The hotel staff was incredibly friendly. I have never stayed at a hotel with such a wonderful staff. They were more than willing to address any question or need that I had during my stay. The decor throughout the hotel was calm and welcoming. I was most grateful for the hotel van service. Using the van service, I was able to visit the nearby Lenox mall, arrive dry at my meeting one rainy morning, and even go to Radio Shack to buy a charger for my phone. Thanks, Fred. The warm coffee and cookies in the afternoon was just icing on the cake.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2011

I was in Atlanta on business and stayed at this hotel for the first time and loved it. The hotel room was great with all the latest in amenities (flat screen tv and free wifi). But what really impressed me the most was the outstanding level of service I experienced from every staff member with whom I came in contact. After a busy day I was tired when I arrived and went to the bar/restaurant for a beer and dinner. There is only a limited bar menu available and the staff almost ran me off by suggesting I go to one of the many nearby great restaurants and the bell staf would even drive me and pick me back up. They were really looking after my wellbeing instead of trying to make a sale. (I stayed anyway & had a great pizza.) The location is great (only a short walk to two great malls, Lenox Square & Phipps Plaza.) I will definitely return.
Jay Kirkpatrick

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Johannesburg, South Africa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2011

Booked 11 customers in for 3 nights. Has to be the worst hotel I have ever stayed at and I travel throughout Africa, Europe and US. Staff is extremely rude and inefficient. Save your money and find another hotel.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
CourtyardBuckhead, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Atlanta Buckhead, responded to this review, April 14, 2011
The Hotel is now under new Management. We apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay. I hope you will give us another chance as I know you will pleased with the new team.
Mercedes, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2011

From the night we arrived we were greeted (for lack of another word) by a rude older lady (Charlie). Due to the weather conditions and what this community was going through we did not complain about anything during our stay, but will not be returning. Charlie was just the beginning...the room fixtures were dusty, the mattresses and bed linen were old and in desperate need of replacement. Laundry facilities were old and dirty. Housekeeping did a horrible job refreshing the room daily, dirty towels were left behind, the floor in the shower/tub was filthy. This Marriott has to be #1 on my least favorite places to stay. I was attending a conference across the street at the DoubleTree and should have stayed there instead. I do have to say that Fred (driver) was nice and appeared to enjoy his job.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Chi-Town
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2011

Recently had a pleasant stay here for a business trip. Obviously the location is wonderful -- right in the heart of Buckhead.

My room was fine and was well appointed. Also I found the staff to be very friendly and helpful.

I will consider staying here on personal visits.

All in all, a great stay.

• Stayed September 2010
sfinnell, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Atlanta Buckhead, responded to this review, January 11, 2011
Steve:
Thank you so much for your nice review, we’re glad you had a pleasant stay at our Buckhead hotel. We hope to see you again when you visit the area again. I’ll share your positive comments about our service to all our Team Members. Safe travels!

Paula Weaver,
Utrecht
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2010

I got this hotel thru Priceline and was pleasantly surprised. The rooms are nice with good quality beds and the staff is great.
Only downside was the price of the parking.

Location is very good with lots of restaurants and shops nearby.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear Marijke:
Thanks so much for taking the time to post a review. We're glad you enjoyed your stay. Hope to see you again soon.

Paula Weaver
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2010

The staff is clearly the high point of this hotel. All of them are warm, friendly and helpful. They really care about you. That performance clearly exceed what is expected at hotels of the Courtyard's category.

The lobby was renovated and is welcoming with comfortable seating by the fireplace and free coffee. Clearly in today's best trend for hotels. The check-in process was friendly, fast and efficient. As a Marriott Reward Silver member, I received a voucher for a free beer at the bar. Nice touch.

The room has a bold, modern decor. It is clearly not just another bland room. The red wallpaper, the comfortable couch and the good working desk made the room inviting. The bed is kindof of soft, but comfortable. The AC is really noisy. The wi-fi worked perfectly in the room.

The hotel has a pool (small) and a decent fitness center.

So this hotel offered a very good stay. I would definitely go back.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Atlanta Buckhead? Share your experiences!