“Disappointing!” 2 of 5 stars

Lexington, Kentucky
“Disappointing!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Just didn't work!
I have stayed at this hotel twice now and won't go back! I had rather not have kiddy swim lessons taking up the pool all morning although I was told I could swim too?..
Air condition was noisy, Internet on & off, so I had to go to the business room computer where I waited 2 hours for others to get off.
The exercise equipment is not maintained, the beds are uncomfortable and I itched???
I had it with this place- moving on!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Andrew S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Buckhead, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Thank you for your comments. I am sorry to hear that you found your stay to be disappointing. We are serious about our Promises to our guests and our goal is to always make you feel welcome and respond quickly to your concerns. I see that we were unable to do that last time you were here, but I would very much like to opportunity to host you again. You will be happy to know that we've made improvements all over, including our wireless iternet and AC untis. When you visit Atlanta again, please give me a call so that I can personally ensure that your next stay is trouble free.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Just Outside Nashvegas, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We arrived late for a two night stay and had no problems checking in. Each interaction that I had with the front desk was what I expect from the Marriott brand, top notch service! I noticed that the hotel has recently been remodeled and it shows.
Our room was a king bed and we had plenty of room. However, the sink area outside the bathroom was pitiful. The counter space was so awful that you could barely set a can of hair spray on there. That just seems like a bad design.
The area was quiet and in a great part of town. Easy to get around to everything Buckhead has to offer. There are 3 different ways to get into the hotel. The back entrance to Maple rd we used a lot as it was easy to get directly to Peachtree st. You can also get to the hotel off of Paces Ferry Rd too.
The only negative thing that happened to me was the breakfast attendant on Saturday morning was less than attentive to my polite request for more waffle mix. After I asked, I watched her wipe off empty tables ( there were 5+ tables already clean), refill the sausage and eggs ( that were 70% full) and then she mentioned to me I'll have that out soon. Well, unfortunately for me I had somewhere to be at a certain time and could not partake in the waffle. But, I guess the other 3-4 people waiting behind with me got one :) Btw- I waited 5 + mins until she even acknowledged that she would be bringing it out. This is not acceptable to me.
Again, I wil be staying here when in town for Braves games, work functions, etc.. Highly recommend!
Maybe next time I'll get a waffle.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Andrew S, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Buckhead, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear that you found your accomodations with us to be comfortable and convenient. I am very sorry to hear that you were not able to get a waffle at breakfast the last time you stayed with us. I agree that this was not acceptable. We value our guests and take your needs (and wants) seriously. I will do everything that I can to ensure that this does not happen again, even if it means coming in early to mix a few batches of waffle batter myself. It means that much to me to see my guests happy and satisfied. The next time you visit, please ask for me. I would love to meet you and hear how your stay has been in person. Thank you again.
La Habra, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

This hotel is in a great area near lots of amazing restaurants. The hotel recently under went a renovation and the hotel is gorgeous from the lobby to the rooms.

Free breakfast in the morning included waffles, sausage, eggs, cereal, oatmeal, and pastries.

Indoor pool is great for the family to use.

Concerned a little about the service during my last visit in July:
The front desk was not answering the phone when I tried calling from my room several times - so I called the number from my cell and they answered. Plus a package delivered for me, and they did not inform me when I checked in that they had a package.

I will always stay at this hotel when visiting my customer around the corner.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your comments about your recent stay with us. While I very much appreciate your glowing remarks about our property, I am disappointed to hear about the service issues that you encountered during your stay. Our goal is to be responsive to our guests and anticipate their needs. Thank you for bringing these matters to my attention as they will serve as training points for my staff to help us improve upon our promise to our guests to give you service that makes you want to return. When you are in Atlanta again, I would love to personally ensure that your stay is trouble free and that the service you receive is truly 'top notch.'
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

The staff is great, the rooms are very clean and newly remodeled. The beds are absolutely comfortable and the continental breakfast is fair. I feel very safe in this hotel. It's close enough to downtown attractions yet just far enough outside of Atlanta that I don't have to worry where I parked. I'd absolutely stay here again

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell everyone about your experience. I am so glad that you enjoyed your time here. We are very proud of our new look and it's great to hear that our guests love it too! We appreciate your comments and look forward to hosting you next time you are in the Atlanta-Buckhead area.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Front desk clerk was polite and welcoming, the room was clean, and the bed was comfortable. This hotel is located in a great location, surrounded by lots of eating and shopping. Breakfast has a great selection. For the price you can't go wrong.

On the downside, the room was sparsely furnished and the hotel was undergoing renovations when we were there. Our room had new carpet which let off an odor that gave me a headache.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Andrew S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Buckhead, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about our property. I am glad that you were pleased with our location, staff and services. I am very sorry to hear that you had a headache during your stay. We did just change our carpet, and have made every effort to mimize the effects of our changes on our guests. I hope that the next time you are in Atlanta, and all of our changes are complete, that you will stay with us again. Thank you for staying with us!
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

An affordable and decent hotel located reasonably close to I-85 and Atlanta download. Looks like the rooms need some renovation - wallpapers are coming off, bathroom doors doesnt close properly.
Couple of annoying things: the battery in smoke alarm was low and kept on beeping every 2 minutes. We informed the front desk but it was not fixed on the second day also. The other issue was shower. Shower head was very low - inconvenient for anybody over 5'6".
I had been to othjer Fairfield Inns. Overall they give good value and good experience.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your response! I am so glad that you chose to stay with us and take the time to share your thoughts. Let me start by apologizing about your smoke alarm. I can imagine that that was quite a nuisance during your stay, and I am terribly disappointed that we did not get this fixed for you right away. Certainly our goal is to respond quickly to all maintenance issues, and I am deeply regretful that we were not able to do this for you. However, we are in the midst of a 'refresh' at our property, where the old vinyl that you spoke of is being replaced, giving the rooms a new, contemporary feel. I sincerely hope that you will give us another chance to deliver the excellent service that you have come to expect from the Marriott brand. I would very much appreciate that opportunity to assist you personally the next time you are in the area. Thank you for choosing the Fairfield Inn and Suites Atlanta-Buckhead.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

For the location the price is good, rooms are clean, however, the rooms are small and there is no microwave or refrigerator in the rooms.
The pool is relatively small with 2 raised drains in the middle, which if you aren't paying attention you will stub a toe on.

• Stayed July 2013
Andrew S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Buckhead, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your opinion about our hotel. I'm glad that you found us to be a great value in Buckhead! Next time you stay with us, we'd be happy to offer you one of our Extended King rooms or Executive King Suites, which feature a microwave, refrigerator and wet bar area. Thank you so much for choosing the Fairfield Inn and Suites Atlanta-Buckhead!

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Buckhead? Share your experiences!