“WORST Fairfield Inn ever! DO NOT! I repeat...DO NOT stay here” 1 of 5 stars

Special Price
3-Night Stays: Save 15%
Ranked #67 of 188 hotels in Atlanta
Nashville, Tennessee
“WORST Fairfield Inn ever! DO NOT! I repeat...DO NOT stay here”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2011

We come to Atlanta quite frequently for business but not in this particular area, Buckhead. We looked up the Fairfield Inn & Suites and assumed that it would be a good hotel in comparison to the other Fairfield Inn's we have stayed at. First, we checked into the room and we noticed there was no iron, okay we overlooked that and went to the restroom and noticed that there was urine on the floor under the toilet all over the floor as if this bathroom was skipped by the housekeeper. I wanted to call the front desk to inform them what was wrong, surprise! the phone did not work so I had to call the hotel from my cell phone. This is ridiculous. The manager said he was going to switch us out after he came and looked at the problems, I asked how long it was going to take he said 5 minutes, try 25 minuted instead! We had 20 minutes to get to our dinner reservations, which we did not make it on time. Finally, we got switched out to the second room, which was even worse than the first room, we walked right in and noticed that there was a patch of carpet missing as if I checked into a mom n' pop motel in the middle of nowhere, and to the right of the missing carpet patch there was a band-aid by the lamp shade! In addition to the band-aid there was scuff marks all over the walls, at this point we had enough, I would not stay here for $5. The front desk clerk then told me leave because I had already switched to 2 rooms, and that I should go somewhere else instead of staying there. I believe a hotel in a great area paying $139.00 + tax a night, I deserve a room nicer than this as well as great customer service. I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND ANYONE STAYING HERE! Keep driving and stay at the Springhill Suites, This Fairfield Inn and Suites should lose its franchise flag and become a motel. Please, view the photos I have posted.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business

140 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2011

If you are looking to stay in the middle of Buckhead, literally, this is the place. I haven't stayed at a Fairfield in a while but this one seems to have larger and nicer rooms than the last one I visited. The lobby and common areas are strictly budget hotel in makeup though .

My room was across from the elevators so the noise level was pretty high. On weekends the party/tourist crowd is around so if you are a light sleeper, make sure you get a room away from the elevator. This is not the hotel's fault, just a part of the layout.

I got a room for the AAA rate of $ 63 on a Saturday night which is about $ 20 less than the cheapest lodging in this area, a mediocre Hampton Inn up the street. The rooms in this hotel are much nicer. Bed was great, TV was right in front of the bed which I like, and lighting was good. Web access was speedy and free and the bathroom had all you need. HVAC worked good and water was hot and plentiful in the bath.

Continental breakfast was pretty good if you love carbs but they did have fresh apples and bananas out.

Front desk was Marriott-level professional and my early checkin request of 10 AM was honored. That was the main reason I couldnt be picky about the room location.
Parking is free and convenient to the elevators.

Again, location is perfect. The hotel is on Piedmont Road, which can be a traffic nightmare but the parking lot also connects to East Paces Ferry Road as well as a back door access to Peachtree which is a huge timesaver if you are in a hurry.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Beach, North Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2010

First, the staff are friendly as can be. I wish I could remember the name of the woman who checked us in; she was great! The room was clean and basic. Good breakfast. Perfect spot for shopping trip in Buckhead, Phipps Plaza and Lenox Square are very close. Plenty of parking. Safe area. Surprisingly quiet given the location on Piedmont Road.

We will be back!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2010

I stayed here for 3 nights using the employee rate ($35/night!!) and it was an amazing value. The hotel is in a great location, with a lot of restaurants nearby. The staff was very friendly, the breakfast was delicious, parking was great, and the rooms were a decent size.
PROS: free parking, breakfast, and internet!!!
CONS: none :)

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
New England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2010

Not a bad place. I wasn't expecting luxury, so I wasn't let down. Everything was adequate. The room and the hotel were clean, parking was free (big plus), free internet in the room, helpful staff. Right on Piedmont, so it's easy to get to.

Because the rates are so low, it seemed to be popular with younger people on the weekend who wanted a place to crash after going out in Buckhead, so Saturday night was a little loud, but the other nights of the week were quiet. Fine place to stay for business travel.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Fairport, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2010

Three words to describe this hotel was..old, outdated and dirty!! Went to Atlanta 2 days early to explore the town before my reunion was to start on Friday. After staying at this location for 1 nite, we decided to check out. No air conditioner in the elevators or in the hallways beyond the 1st floor, bathroom was discusstingly dirty and the matress was so old till it had a sink hole in the middle. I had not seen a tube tv in a hotel for quite some time but there it was in our room. We only stay at the Fairfield when we travel and was surprisingly shocked to see that this one was not updated. The only saving grace was the staff, very friendly

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Skippack, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2010

I was in town to visit family for the weekend. I selected this hotel because it offers an EXCELLENT value. It's very economically priced, yet, the property is nicer than comparable hotels. The hotels location is great - close to all Buckhead has to offer, along with free parking!

My queen room was a little small, but very comfortable, clean, and efficiently laid out. The bed felt more like a bed in your home vs. a hotel bed....which provided for a great night's sleep. The only minor complaint was my room was on the second floor, and the wireless Internet signal to my room was weak.

This will be the place I return to for my next visit to Atlanta.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Buckhead? Share your experiences!