“Great Choice - Very Pleased!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
AAA Members Save Online
Ranked #86 of 188 Hotels in Atlanta
Columbia, South Carolina
“Great Choice - Very Pleased!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2008

My friend and I were just there for one night in order to see a concert at Chastain Park. The hotel is so close! What I didn't know beforehand is that there is a FREE shuttle to Chastain!! Leave early, however, because there can be heavy traffic to the park. Our front desk person was so nice. She tried to find us a room type we req. but the property was full. Good sign. The shuttle driver was so nice too. We loved all the staff. The room was quiet, clean and safe. The free bag of microwave popcorn was nice. Two great TVs. I recommended to the hotel's on-line survey that they include a wine opener in the kitchen. I had to go to the front desk for one. No worries - the front desk lady was so nice. She worked overtime to help a bunch of stuck up girls headed to party. The shuttle driver needed a break from them! Am I old-fashioned, or should one not tip a free shuttle driver these days? Parking was $12!!! Having a safe drive was worth more than that to us. Especially in a town unfamiliar. THis is something to consider with the cost of the room which was less than other hotels of it's kind. Breakfast was very nice. There were even to-go cups for coffee and juice. Overall, I would stay here again (and only here on any return trip) and highly recommend it to ladies traveling to ALT for a concert at Chastain.

• Liked — Surprise free shuttle to Chastain Park
  • Disliked — Having to leave
  • Stayed May 2008
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
charlotte,nc
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2008

Lacked the clean, new feel and high standards of most HW suites. I would compare it to a circa 1990's "average" Days Inn.

When we booked they said they were doing remodeling and it should be done by our check in date. When we arrived it was clear they had not even started remodeling (except for some torn off base boards). I think they use the "remodeling" as an excuse for their baseline dumpy hotel. Even if they started remodeling today, it will take months, if not years to complete.

Location is good in Buckhead, but you will need to drive to most places.

Service was mediocre at best. We had to ask for a Pack n Play 3 times. Informed them that our phone did not work at check in. 2 days later at checkout, it was still inoperable!

If you are used to the typical HW Suites, this hotel will leave you very dissappointed!

• Liked — location (good driving access to Buckhead shopping/restaurants)
  • Disliked — Overall condition of property
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Western Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2007

I attended a training class near the hotel. The room was nice, but not much of a view where I was. However, they knew I was a business traveler so I am sure I did not get the best room they had to offer :). Free breakfast and a nice light supper in the lobby with free wine and beer. Wireless internet - everywhere. Nice oudoor pool and courtyard area. The staff was knowledgeable and friendly and the shuttle driver was prompt and helpfull.

This was a rushed business trip and the ammenities made it to where I never had to leave the hotel except for the seminar.
Great place to stay and work.

• Stayed June 2007, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Bonaire, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2007

I used to stay at hilton properties all the time and I travel at least 50+ nights out per year. I am a diamond member and they gave us a very average room. The recliner was broken and you couldn't even sit in it, this was an inconvenience for 4 people staying here. I much would have rather stayed in an Embassy or another hotel chain. The beds weren't very comfortable. The location is down a ways from the restaurants and the overall action. This property is amidst apartment bulidngs and is in a very discrete area. The property appeared to be older and nothing seemed to be all that impressive. No pillow top beds or fancy tv's in the rooms. Really, the only reason I stayed here was because of my hilton points and it was free. Its getting old staying at average Hilton hotels. As soon as my points are out I will not stay at any more. Hampton inns are good, but too expensive. I have swittched to Starwood points and have no regrets. Would not recommend this hotel, there are much nicer properties in the area.

Stayed September 2007
Weymouth, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2007

at how nice and clean this hotel was. My fiance and I stayed here for the weekend. Although it is a good walk from the train to the hotel I thought the hotel was great. The rooms and hotle itself were very clean. Our room had a small kitchen area, a sitting area and a separate bedroom and bath. The room hairdryer was fine, it worked and didn't shut itself off. The staff was very friendly and professional. The buffet breakfast was small but had a few choices so there was something good to eat. They had biscuits and gravy, grits, eggs, sausage or bacon, dry cereals, and an assortment of breakfast breads ie: bagels, english muffins, muffins, and danish. The shuttle to the train was great, the driver was very nice. It's too bad they don't have an airport shuttle or late night shuttle availability. The pool was small, but clean. There was also many places to eat, and a few shops, right up the street.
I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2007

What was to be an overnight stay with shopping the next day ended terribly. My husband and I are frequent guests at the Homewood Suites in Buckhead and have always loved staying there. Unfortunately during the night of our stay I became quite cold and my husband retrieved the blanket from the top of the closet which was in a zippered plastic bag. The following morning, I woke up with 2 very large welts on my arm which were extremely painful. We immediately packed our bags and headed home. After several doctor visits, bloodwork, x-ray of the shoulder and a biopsy of the site, I was diagnosed with a spider bite. The staff at the Homewood Suites have been very kind and credited the charges for our stay back to our credit card. Unfortunately, the zippered bag that the blanket was in had not been closed. I have never given a second thought to checking the blankets or linens before retiring for the night but you can bet that in the future it will be the first thing that I do no matter what hotel I am staying in.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — The Bed
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
CT
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2006

I was booked accidentally into a smoking room by my travel agent and the Hilton staff in Alpharetta was kind enough to arrange a "room" for me at this hotel. I was booked into a half-suite: two beds with a bathroom--no coffee maker, no ice bucket, a nonworking telephone, a nonworking iron, and a hair dryer that turned itself off every 1-2 minutes. In addition, it was set at the end of a very long hallway on the first floor. The desk clerk was extremely unpleasant and barely acknowledged me during check-in--something I'm not used to as a Hilton Gold Member. When I informed him that my phone wasn't working, he mumbled "all the maintenance staff has gone home"--no "sorry", no suggestions, nothing. When I expressed that I was concerned that I would be unable to contact someone in an emergency, he repeated "all the maintenance staff has gone home". In contrast, the daytime staff was very pleasant; and when I expressed my dissatisfaction about the room, I wasn't charged. With so many other choices for hotels in the area, there's no reason to stay at this one!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — The night cleark
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Buckhead? Share your experiences!