“good stay all that i needed” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #98 of 188 Hotels in Atlanta
cupey
“good stay all that i needed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Stay was ok , shuttle service is good , very good location , no problems at all with my room , so can't complain bbq was available but needs more cleaning , breakfast is same as other residence inn so its good. i do recomend the hotel , I did have one situation with billing on the snack shop but will not talk anymore about it

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Tallahasse
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for two nights and were initially thrilled at the price, little did we know at the time that there was a reason it was the cheapest '3 star.' Having recently stayed at other 3 star hotels in the Buckhead area, I can tell you that this hotel was NOT a three star and should never be put in that category.

Upon check in, or room had a stale odor and did not appear to be clean. The next day we were out of the room for almost the entire day and housekeeping never touched our room! We had to call down to the front desk at 11:30pm just to get clean towels for the next morning. When I explained to the front desk attendant that our room did not get cleaned during the day, he asked 'What am I supposed to do about it? Housekeeping is gone for the night." Breakfast is exactly what you would expect for free- not great. We opted to eat out on our second morning.

Overall, not what I would expect of a Marriot hotel. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone and, next time we are in Atlanta, we'll spend a little more to go elsew

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

We stayed at this particular Marriott for 2 nights, and it wasn't the worst hotel I've ever stayed at, but it certainly could use improvement!
I had read the online reviews prior to booking, and was concerned with some negative comments, but there were also some very positive reviews.
First of all, the location is in a lovely area of Atlanta. It was easy to find, and it was close to the downtown area, with a less than 30 minute drive with very heavy traffic. The grounds and pool area are beautifully landscaped, and there is a lovely view of the Buckhead cityscape and Lenox Park.
I had booked a room with 2 bedrooms so my teenage son could have his own bathroom and privacy. When we entered our room(141) the first thing I noticed was the gaping hole in the carpet, and the sofa bed was still pulled out.....what type of housekeeping doesn't straighten a room prior to a guest's arrival? There was also a stale smoke odor hanging in the air. The white drapes needed washed, and the shower in the handicapped access shower wouldn't drain properly,and the spare blanket was shabby There was 1 thermostat control for the entire suite, so you were freezing in one bedroom, and warm in the other.
The carpet in the hallway outside the elevator area was rippled, and caused me to trip once or twice, plus it needed vacuuming.
The breakfast buffet is the usual fare.......scrambled eggs, Canadian bacon, cereal, bagels, and some unappetizing hash browns the first day. The flow of the buffet is set up in a way that doesn't accommodate the crowd that was there when I went to get breakfast at 8:30.....Luckily, I had gotten breakfast from the nearby Panera the day before, and all I needed was juice and milk, because it was too crowded for me to get anything else! I have to say the wait-staff were on top of keeping the buffet filled, with smiles on their faces despite the morning rush!
I left a wake-up for the first morning we were there, and never received one, asked for air freshener for the room and didn't get any, etc. Like I said, not anything awful, but I was expecting more bang for the buck.
I believe with some old fashioned elbow grease, and a few moderate touch-ups, this hotel would be worth raving about. Definitely needs new carpet, and a good deep clean in high traffic areas!
I didn't have that much interaction with the staff other than check-in, but the front desk clerk was very friendly, gave stellar directions to downtown, and was very knowledgeable about the area.
We plan on coming back to the same convention we attended this week-end, and I would stay here again, but I will be expecting better results for the $303.00/night plus tax pricetag.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Li O, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Atlanta Buckhead / Lenox Park, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with other travelers, as well as our Team! We appreciate your feedback as it helps in so many ways! Our Staff is extremely grateful for your accolades! We are doing improvement project as we speak, I hope next time you are in town, you will see the difference. We look forward to see you return again SOON! Best wishes to you and many thanks!
Pinson, Alabama, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

We booked our room using Priceline and were treated like second-class guests. Unexpectedly, we had three in our party, so upon arrival, we requested a room with two beds rather than one. Our request was refused with an explanation that rooms booked via Priceline were not eligible for two beds. Also, even though the hotel is appeared to be no more than 1/3 occupied, we were given a room with a view of the business park rather than the pool and courtyard.

The hotel is located a little off the beaten path (about 1.3 miles from Lenox) and provides free parking. The staff were average, and the room had an unusual smell. The duvet cover was thin, so we awoke freezing in the middle of the night. The pool and hot tub were the best features. The free breakfast was typical, and once again the staff was average. All-in-all, the property is average. I recommend paying a little extra and staying at the Wyndham!

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent visit to the Residence Inn Atlanta Buckhead/lenox Park and taking the opportunity to provide our company with the gift of feedback. Your comments have been shared with the Managing staff in an effort of improvement. Please consider visiting us once again during your next trip to Atlanta and hope to see you soon.
New Orleans, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

This hotel is near Oglethorpe, so I stayed there when my daughter went to Orientation to check it out. The hotel is pet friendly and my daughter identified the smell in our room as being cat odor. Despite of the odor and the business of the Hotel, I decided to stay there again when we returned to move her into her dorm. This time we opted for a two bedroom suite. After a long drive imagine my shock, when they told me they had over booked do to a computer glitche and sent me some 3 miles away to another Mariott brand. Even though they paid for the first night, I was shocked by being walked as this has never happened to me before.

Be careful when you make reservations. I'm not sure if reconfirming would have helped. I was so upset, we refused to go back for the 2nd and 3rd night of our reservation and stayed at the other Mariott property.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Li O, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Atlanta Buckhead / Lenox Park, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. As a member of Marriott family, we appreciate the opportunity to improve both our customer service as well as product. I apologize for not having two bedroom for you at check in, we are making changes to avoid this happen again. We Thank you again for the opportunity to improve both our service and product. We look forward serving you again soon.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I drove from Tampa, FL to Atlanta, GA and chose this hotel because it was close to a meeting location for business. We were traveling with our twin babies and when I made the reservation I requested two cribs and told the guy if there would be any problem to let me know and I would bring my own since we were driving. He said it would not be a problem. We called the hotel at 10pm to let them know we'd check in at 3am and asked about the cribs. They said they had one and were looking for another, which was troubling. We called at 2am to verify the cribs were ready since we had 2 sleeping babies and wanted to put them right to bed. She said they'd get them in the room. We passed a 24 hour Walmart and I considered stopping to buy a crib but figured that certainly they would have mentioned there was a problem! We arrive to one crib in the room. I call the front desk and she says no there are two in there and proceeds to describe what a pack and play looks like. I assure her there is only one so she says she will "find out what's going on." She calls back and tells me they only have one crib. I ask what I am supposed to do with two babies and why they did not let us know about this when we called. She says we could go stay somewhere else because "we only have one crib period." She offered to borrow a crib from another property...in the morning. I was so livid but I was too exhausted to argue. I barricaded one of my babies on the couch with me and let the other sleep in the crib. Of course my babies woke up at 7am like usual and I had about 30 minutes of uncomfortable sleep. I called the desk and they brought the 2nd crib shortly after. I don't know why they couldn't have done thus at 3am - which would have been the Marriott thing to do. So my husband goes to take a shower and finds someone's underwear hanging on the shower curtain rod. I call the desk and a housekeeper came and removed it. They apologized but now I am just thankful we were only staying 2 nights. The halls had a terribly strong odor of vodka and vomit as well, made me sick every time I had to leave the room! The breakfast was canned pineapple, runny eggs, and some kind of potato? The waffles were good, so were the bagels. Anyway, through all of this trouble they never offered to do anything to make it better. The staff was rude and didn't care that they couldn't take care of us. The room was typical residence inn except the kitchen had seriously old appliances and the toilet handle was broken. I really don't think I will stay with Marriott again after this.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay. I want to apologize for your inconvenience you experienced.I want you to know that I and my staff are reviewing the item you pointed out and will be taking the necessary steps to improve that particular suite. We appreciat your business and hope to be of service to you in the future.
Again, our best to you and your family.
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

This is a great location! Close enough to all of the dining, shopping and nightlife without the noise and congestion. I was a solo traveler visiting a friend and I stayed here for 3 nights. Check in took all of 5 mins. I stayed in a studio king room with a sofabed and full sized kitchen. The bed seemed more like a double or maybe a questionable queen but I was ok with that, it was very comfortable. The room was very nice and clean. Housekeeping was great. Front desk staff was always pleasant no matter who I dealt with and helped with all my needs. I didn't eat the breakfast so I cannot speak on that, but it looked like a nice lil spread. I did order from a local pizza restaurant and the food was delivered directly to my room. I also used the courtesy shuttle one day. This is a good service, the only downfall was that I waited a lil over a hour to be picked up. They have a little pool area, a basketball court and some outdoor seating which was nice and the free self parking was a plus. All in all I had a nice, pleasant stay and will most likely stay again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Li O, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Atlanta Buckhead / Lenox Park, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with other travelers, as well as our Team! We appreciate your feedback as it helps in so many ways! Our Staff is extremely grateful for your accolades! We hope to have you with us again, when you can be assured of the same great service and product! We hope you return again and SOON! Best wishes to you and many thanks!

Been to Residence Inn Atlanta Buckhead / Lenox Park? Share your experiences!