“Long term stays worth the while” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #99 of 188 Hotels in Atlanta
San Jose, California
“Long term stays worth the while”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Would I stay here again? Yes. I was here for almost three months on a work project and am very glad I did. I followed the advice from an earlier poster and asked for a quiet room so I could sleep--got a terrific corner spot with a nice view of Lenox Park. If I were on a short project (2-3 weeks), I would've stayed in the city center but with a longer term, I needed green and the park's got to be the best reason for coming here.

Let's see: Overall room was neat and clean. Kitchen facilities exactly what I needed for basic prepping. Publix/Target is right up the street if you want to get your own groceries. If you have to travel to the airport, take MARTA (the station's about a half mile from the hotel). Trust me, you don't want to mess with Atlanta traffic because it's as bad as LA. Breakfast and dinner (through Thursdays) is always a nice option to have if you don't want to cook. The gym is new and there was never a crowding problem although if you'd rather walk/jog outside, the park perimeter will give you enough of a workout to avoid staying inside longer than you want. Oh, and they supply towels and earphones, too.

Staff is really nice. Top marks to them for helping to make my stay away from home easier.

Downsides: These are just small items that bothered me but overall, really don't take away from my staying here again.

1. Wireless time outs. This is really a problem when you're right in the middle of entering expenses and all of a sudden, you're dropped, have to log in all over again, then re-enter all your expenses because of the interruption.
2. Get your own tissues and toilet paper supply. For some reason, the maids don't seem to replenish the supply for long term residents. I got tired of chasing down the maid carts and/or visiting the front desk so I gave up and bought my own.
3. There's no AC in the gym. Not a good thing in Atlanta where sometimes the outside temperatures are cooler than the inside gym unless you really want to sweat it all off.
4. Big tournaments like the March Madness Final Four can really bring out the partiers and then some running up and down the halls. The entrances are not directly within the main area which makes it very easy for enthusiastic fans to sneak in visitors.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Li O, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Atlanta Buckhead / Lenox Park, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a response from your stay with us. We are so happy to read that you enjoyed your accommodations,location,Lenox park and our employee, We are so happy to read that all of our employees make you feel welcome and made your stay a relaxing and extraordinary one! I will share your comment to our house keeping team as well. Thank you again for the review. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Atlanta!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

1. Very clean
2. Cheerful and efficient staff
3. Corrected reservation screwup in minutes
4. Great location
5. Excellent weekend value
6. Wide selection on breakfast bar including waffles, sausage, scrambled eggs, bagels, potatoes, etc

• Stayed May 2013
Li O, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Atlanta Buckhead / Lenox Park, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with other travelers, as well as our Team! We appreciate your feedback as it helps in so many ways! Our Staff is extremely grateful for your accolades! We hope to have you with us again, when you can be assured of the same great service and product! We hope you return again and SOON! Best wishes to you and many thanks!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Residence Inn for approximately 1.5 years, (going home on the weekends). I did not check out of my room, however if I needed to, due to being on vacation, etc, staff was always very accommodating to put me back in my favorite room! When you live in a hotel majority of the time, & you are always greeted as 'Hello Ms. ***, it makes you feel very valued. I will say the rooms are not the most updated, but the lobby has just been remodeled & is great! I also heard they are remodeling the rooms. For me, having staff that are always respectable, & kind is worth it. I truly considered this hotel a home away from home. Roman, Thomas, & Linda are amazing!! Brandon and Paul were also my favorites, but are no longer at this location. I can not say anything negative about the staff. If you want to know a great place to eat, shop, or get your nails done.. Roman knows the best places!! I would definitely recommend this hotel!!

• Stayed May 2012
Li O, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Atlanta Buckhead / Lenox Park, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear guest,

Nothing delights us more than to hear your stay at the Residence Inn Atlanta Lenox Park made you feel at home. The staff makes every effort to ensure our guests feels welcomed and we will share your kind words with them. Thank you for your review and we are so happy to have you as part of our family.
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I stayed here with four friends during a Girls Weekend. We had a 2 br/2ba suite. There was a full sized kitchen and more than enough room to spread out. Parking was free and the hotel is in a beautiful neighborhood. I would recommend this hotel to everyone planning to visit Atlanta.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear guest,

I want to take a moment to respond to your review and thank you so much for your feedback. We are very excited that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon! As a part of the Marriott family we strive for an exceptional stay for everyone every time. Next time you are in the area doing another girls weekend, I and the rest of our staff hope that you will allow us the pleasure of hosting your getaway again!
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights for a long weekend; Area is great, quiet but still close to Buckhead; Front desk staff very accommodating; Am a gold card member and got a rate of $89 and got upgraded for free to a 2 bedroom; Ramon the driver will take you to buckhead area; I recommend the early fare at PRIME in the Lennox mall; Several steaks half price until 6:30 PM; Check PRIME for more details; Ramon acutally turned down a tip on the way back...where have you heard that of happening. Room was older but clean, and comfortable. The breakfast was ok and the courtyard was great, including a working firepit. I would return, because of the rates, clean and comfortable room , and especially the staff

Room Tip: 2 bedroom, high floor, courtyard view,
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Li O, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Atlanta Buckhead / Lenox Park, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear guest,

I want to take a moment to respond to your review and thank you for your feedback. We are very excited that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon! As a part of the Marriott family we strive for an exceptional stay for everyone every time. Next time you are in the area I and the rest of our staff hope that you will allow us the pleasure of hosting your getaway again!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

We love the Marriott Residence Inn brand but not this property. It starts with the odd building configuration. It is C-shaped, forcing those with a high numbered room into a two minute walk from the elevator.

Rooms are older and due for an update. Bathroom drawers were sticky to the touch. HVAC controls outdated.

No doubt we've beeb spoiled by the Residence Inn properties in Lexington KY (Beaumont Center) and Charleston WV.

• Stayed April 2013
Li O, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Atlanta Buckhead / Lenox Park, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay. I want to apologize for your inconvenience you experienced. I want you to know that I and my staff are reviewing the item you pointed out and will be taking the necessary steps to improve that particular suite. We appreciat your business and hope to be of service to you in the future.
Again, our best to you and your family.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

This is the first time I have written a review on trip advisor. I stayed in this hotel March 2013. First upon check in we were sent to a room that was still being cleaned. After correcting that mistake and sending us another room I was still dissappointed. This hotel is old and in bad need of remodeling. Their housekeeping is also sub standard . One of the chairs in the living area had a stain on it so no one in my family wanted to sit on it. The bathrooms looked dirty, I had to actually wipe things down with Clorox wipes and Lysol before we felt comfortable using them. I have stayed in Residence inns before this so I know they are not all like this. The breakfast was ok usual powdered eggs, potatoes, and sausage. The only positives I have are the staff, they handled all requests within minutes with a smile. I also liked that we didn't have to pay for parking. However, these things did not make up for the terrible upkeep of the rooms . That is why would not stay at this particular Residence Inn again.

• Stayed March 2013
Li O, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Atlanta Buckhead / Lenox Park, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay. I want to apologize for your inconvenience you experienced. I am pleased that we were able to make an equitable adjustment for you, as our goal is your satisfaction on each and ever stay. I want you to know that I and our staff are reviewing the item you pointed out and will be taking the necessary steps to improve that particular suite. We appreciat your business and hope to be of service to you in the future.
Again, our best to you and your family.

Been to Residence Inn Atlanta Buckhead / Lenox Park? Share your experiences!